Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light tent

Options
  • 14-07-2008 7:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in M&S today and while going through the home section I spotted this

IMG_3646.jpg

Which turns into this

IMG_3647.jpg

And looks like this when set up

IMG_0517.jpg

And allows results like this

IMG_3675.jpg

And this

IMG_3654.jpg

And it cost €7.75. It doesnt have an infinity curve but that can be made quite easily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Hay well spotted :cool:

Gotta get in there quick before the rest of the boards see this post :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That's great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I put them sitting on a plexiglass clipboard I had lying around but a bit of tileboard in white would do the job better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Not even the light tent, but the reflection created by the clipboard is class. :)

I have seen shots of guys using 4x4 and 8x8 foot white tileboard to shoot dancers on and the results are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Borderfox wrote: »
    I have seen shots of guys using 4x4 and 8x8 foot white tileboard to shoot dancers on and the results are excellent.

very enterprising Keith! where to get tileboard? i've never seen it anywhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Great tip there!!

Thanks.

I think you can get it in B&Q. I must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Excellent. I'll be in the Q first thing tomorrow. :)

Dave OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Very clever.. Sales of this bin in M & S are about the go thru the roof.. Good post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Nice one!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ohh interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

oshead wrote: »
    Excellent. I'll be in the Q first thing tomorrow. :)

Dave OS

I saw a nice one in Maplin reduced to about €15 at the weekend.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=38260&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=light%20tent&doy=15m7

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

There's only two left in MS in Drogheda. There was three :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have a 1mx1mx1m one too that I used for large product shoots but thought this would be handy for people who want to experiment and considering how little it costs its a steal. If you dont use it you can throw your kecks in it for the laundry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hey Keith, what kind of tileboard do you use for getting the nice reflective surface for product shots? was over in B&Q today on my lunchbreak and they only had very small ceramic tiles (about 15cm square) which we glossy enough for this kind of thing. any tips much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Hi,

How did you light the D&G shot?

I like the composition of it.

I used perspex for the last job I did and picked it up from a Fitter I know. He gave me a 1mx1m sheet for nada.

The D&g shot was lit from both sides with two flashguns using the light tent to soften the effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Apologies for the necro thread revival, but as I was shopping this morning with the OH in Dunnes Stores this morning, I spotted those "light tent/laundry baskets" in the home wares section. They appear to be identical to that posted in the OP and are selling for €4 ea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement