Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 lcd tv's

Options
  • 13-07-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I had posted this in the HE General forum, wanting to decide asap what to go for, so posting it here as well - if OK?
    TV#1
    For kitchen
    About 20inch in size.
    Slim line.
    Good viewing angles.
    Ideally not hugely cropped.
    Handy to get wall hang.
    Good SD picture quality.
    Not pushed re: HD quality.

TV#2
    For study/computer room. Ideally 26-28inch, although 30-32 if excellent value.
    Good quality tv. Good build and good looks. Ideally slim enough and good viewing angles - but not as necessary as kitchen tv.
    Stand needed, it has a wooden table to go on, so something to keep it vertical that is neat and tidy.
    I suppose it doesn't need to be Full HD.
    Not serious tv or audio philes but good looks, good quality and does the job.

Price wise, looking for good value, but does not to be as cheap as chips. IE. prefer to pay 50-100 extra to secure better quality and looks.

No problem buying online.

Thanks for any help

TV#1 - Sony Bravia KDL20S3020 or KDL20S3000
    Review

TV#2 - Sony Bravia KDL32S3000

Looked at thoughts on AVforums etc.
    Seems TV#2 while being phased out is fairly solid.
    TV#1 is among the best in class.

Currently looking maybe buying at direct TV's but am pricing around and seeing what is convenient for Dublin delivery, price wise and ease wise

TV#1
    http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Sony_KDL-20S3020_KDL20S3020U/version.asp

TV#2
    http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Sony_KDL-32S3000_KDL-32S3000U/version.asp

I really want to buy both in same place to minimise hassle.

Advertisement