Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hulk hogan

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

as a wrestling fan for years epecially the 80s and late 90s, can anbody tell me why that swine hulk hogan never bothered to come over to ireland

to my understanding he never showed any interest about his irish fans throughout his career , my friend met him in the states and he got the impression that hogan could not have gave a toss about ireland or its fans

he is a big uk fan and its a shame because i was really a big fan and would of defo went to see him he just to sign a book or something

just wondering other people thoughts

cheers karlos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Havent you read the other thread about him!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Hogan is the devil these days, poor man cant do anything right.
    carlos30 wrote: »
    my friend met him in the states and he got the impression that hogan could not have gave a toss about ireland or its fans

Did he expect him to do a dance when he found out he was Irish or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Maybe CPW Northside will book him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

IWW should book Harley Race i was reading Bret Hart's book and apparently he defended the NWA title on gym mats when the ring didnt show up haha

As for Hogan i'd say American Gladiators ratings are down over his and his families antics and Celebrity Wrestling will suck more than Missy Hyatt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Was there ever an opportunity for him to come over? Like was he working for WWE or WCW when they did shows in Ireland? If not then you can hardly blame him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think he is a creep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

who cares?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

carlos30 wrote: »
    as a wrestling fan for years epecially the 80s and late 90s, can anbody tell me why that swine hulk hogan never bothered to come over to ireland

He was over here at least twice in the early 90s

rovert wrote: »

Are you sure? He wasn't on any of the WCW shows in Ireland as far as I know and I don't remember the WWF doing any shows over here. Or was he just on holiday? :)

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't remember the WWF doing any shows over here.

Think harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1993/1994 they were here werent they??WWF that is

callaway92 wrote: »
    1993/1994 they were here werent they??WWF that is

Yeah. Though Hogan wasn't on the one show I can find details about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Details please? Do you actually know of a time when he was over here or are you just talking through your arse?

I was at most of the shows in Dublin in the early 90s (WWE & WCW) when i was a kid and i don't remember Hogan being at any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

Same here, I was at most of the early 90s WWF shows and have no recolection of Hogan:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I THINK THIS IS PROOF ENOUGH THAT HE WAS IN IRELAND :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

TOPDAWG wrote: »

wow ..... not only was he in ireland but he hooked up with Del and Rodney Trotter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

TOPDAWG wrote: »

You sure that's him?
    Hmmmm.... I have my doubts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Ofcourse its him he's even got the official Hulk t-shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He was never here rovert. WWE made it to the point in 1991 and 1993 for the respective UK and European Rampage tours, they did the UK rampage tour in 1991 when Hogan was working shows with Slaughter, In Dublin, Hogan wasn't on the card, the main event was Davey Boy vs DiBiase during that tour. This was the infamous show where all the faces went over

They did the Point in April or May 1991 firstly.

They did the Point again in April 1993, Hogan was not on the card, despite being the titleholder.

They did the Point again in 1994 and 1995, Hogan was no longer with the company by this point, after 1995, WWE would not return to Dublin until 2004.

Now if you're counting up north, that might be another story.
    VR!

• Advertisement

Before you ask for proof btw ;)

WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - April 27, 1991
    1st ever show in Ireland
    The Warlord pinned Jimmy Snuka
    Jim Neidhart pinned the Barbarian
    Jake Roberts pinned the Berzerker
    Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty (w/ Andre the Giant) defeated the Orient Express when Shawn Michaels pinned Tanaka
    Greg Valentine defeated the Brooklyn Brawler via submission with the figure-4
    Kerry Von Erich pinned Haku
    Roddy Piper defeated Earthquake via count-out after both men began brawling on the floor
    Davey Boy Smith pinned Ted Dibiase

WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - April 21, 1993 (4,000)
    Typhoon defeated Damien Demento
    Kamala defeated Kimchee
    Doink the Clown (Borne) defeated Crush via count-out
    Yokozuna defeated Jim Duggan
    WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Bob Backlund
    The Nasty Boys fought the Headshrinkers to a double disqualification
    Mr. Perfect defeated Lex Luger

VR!

He was never here rovert. WWE made it to the point in 1991 and 1993 for the respective UK and European Rampage tours, they did the UK rampage tour in 1991 when Hogan was working shows with Slaughter, In Dublin, Hogan wasn't on the card, the main event was Davey Boy vs DiBiase during that tour. This was the infamous show where all the faces went over

They did the Point in April or May 1991 firstly.

They did the Point again in April 1993, Hogan was not on the card, despite being the titleholder. The main event for it was Bret Hart vs Bam Bam Bigelow.

They did the Point again in 1994 and 1995, Hogan was no longer with the company by this point, after 1995, WWE would not return to Dublin until 2004.

Now if you're counting up north, that might be another story.
    VR!

Threres a reason why I stopped replying. It is not my fault Dublin is a C town, brother.

It is kind of weird as Hogan was initially supposed to OUR ethnic Champion and all.

Threres a reason why I stopped replying. It is not my fault Dublin is a C town, brother.

It is kind of weird as Hogan was initially supposed to OUR ethnic Champion and all.

Nope, it's also not your fault he didn't do Belfast either during those years... BROTHER! ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - April 27, 1991
    1st ever show in Ireland
    The Warlord pinned Jimmy Snuka
    Jim Neidhart pinned the Barbarian
    Jake Roberts pinned the Berzerker
    Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty (w/ Andre the Giant) defeated the Orient Express when Shawn Michaels pinned Tanaka
    Greg Valentine defeated the Brooklyn Brawler via submission with the figure-4
    Kerry Von Erich pinned Haku
    Roddy Piper defeated Earthquake via count-out after both men began brawling on the floor
    Davey Boy Smith pinned Ted Dibiase

Kamala defeated Kimchee

VR!

I'm sure they did a show in 1992 as well. I was at The Point and though I was only young and can't remember much, I do remember the main event being Taker vs. Sid and the Bushwhackers were also there as well as the Brooklyn Brawler. Thats all I can remember. Piper was supposed to be but they anounced at the beginning he wouldn't be making it. Hogan was nowhere insight although he may have quit by then (around WM VIII).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

forbesii wrote: »
    I'm sure they did a show in 1992 as well. I was at The Point and though I was only young and can't remember much, I do remember the main event being Taker vs. Sid and the Bushwhackers were also there as well as the Brooklyn Brawler. Thats all I can remember. Piper was supposed to be but they anounced at the beginning he wouldn't be making it. Hogan was nowhere insight although he may have quit by then (around WM VIII).

phew im not going crazy, i was also very young when i went to wrestling in the point and im sure i can remember undertaker being there.. maybe british bulldog aswell(although i could be dreaming that cause i use to love him)

I thought i remembered a show from 1992 as well, but i could find nothing for it. I knew they did the European Rampage tour after Wrestlemania VIII. I think it was either April or May as i remember a mate of mine having a pair of Bret Hart shades he bought at the event. The pink ones weren't around in Spring 1991, but they were by Spring 92.

If i recall correctly, there was a Davey Boy interview in the Evening Herald that week too.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I was at a show a week after WM9, Hogan was champ after this but wasnt on the card.

the card had
    Virgil, Greg the hammer valentine, El Matador Tito Santana, Doink i cant rememeber who they fought but matches i do remember are

Money Inc vs Steiners tag title match, Steiner's won by countout.
    Taker Vs Yokozuna , Taker won by Dq
    and the main event

Bret Hart Vs Bam Bam Bigelow, Bret winning with a victory roll from Bogelow's shoulders, a match that they performed move for move when Bret won the King of the Ring final against bigelow soon after.

I remember how kay fabe it was even before the show, we were stood outside queueing to get in when two buses pulled in, one with all the heels (and yokozuna getting spotted and boo'ed before flipping the bird at everyone, i still remember me dad laughing his ass off :D) and the the babyface bus pulling up soon after with Bret mad waving out. It was class. Haha.

Simpler times too when i was just happy to see WWF live and couldnt give a ****e about quality of the matches or who was hated/loved, who was using their pull backstage etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Kamala defeated Kimchee

VR!

I could of sworn this was the show I was at..i must check my ticket for the date when I get home, but the main event was Bret vs Bigalow, on the card was Virgil,bushwackers,doink ,IRS & undertaker is about all I remmember.Did they run 2 shows in 93?

HBK wrote: »
    I could of sworn this was the show I was at..i must check my ticket for the date when I get home, but the main event was Bret vs Bigalow, on the card was Virgil,bushwackers,doink ,IRS & undertaker is about all I remmember.Did they run 2 shows in 93?

I don't believe they ran two shows in 93. The Point can hold about 6500 with the ring in the middle, so 4000 wouldn't be a sell out, so it wouldn't warrant a second show.

That was a copy and paste job from another site btw, and i can't see HBK v Hennig being a main event, even for a c list show in 1993. So it may have been missed out. Bret v Bam Bam headlined a lot of European shows that year, including the one in the Kings Hall in Belfast during that same tour.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

off topic i know but speaking of the point anyone have an idea of its opening date?? i took a trip up there last sunday to see how work was progressing and have to say from the outside i am mighty impressed :) from what i could see (and it wasn't alot given the skyscraper going up in the old car park and the wooden hoardings blocking off the east link bridge view) they have increased the height of the building a fair bit, starting to look like a proper arena at last, not a warehouse :D

Advertisement