Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-06-2008, 10:22   #1
heartofwhite

Reprogramming remote central locking on 99 Citroen Xsara.

Hey,

Can anybody tell me how to reprogramme the remote central locking on my xsara? I have been told that you can turn the key in the ignition and hold the lock button for 5 seconds then turn it off and it should work. But after trying this last night i still cannot get it to work! My Xsara is already programmed for another fob but on that fob the lock button is broken, so I got another 99 Xsara fob with both buttons working and I transferred the keyblade to the new one but I just cannot get it to programme.

Any help appreciated!
Advertisement
04-06-2008, 19:16   #2
mondeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofwhite View Post
Hey,

Can anybody tell me how to reprogramme the remote central locking on my xsara? I have been told that you can turn the key in the ignition and hold the lock button for 5 seconds then turn it off and it should work. But after trying this last night i still cannot get it to work! My Xsara is already programmed for another fob but on that fob the lock button is broken, so I got another 99 Xsara fob with both buttons working and I transferred the keyblade to the new one but I just cannot get it to programme.

Any help appreciated!

1, Switch ignition 'ON'

2, wait for system LED to extinguish -if fitted.

3, wait 30 seconds : press lock button (or unlock button)

4, wait 10 seconds : press lock or unlock button on any other key to be programmed.

5, Ensure system LED illuminates for aproxx 0.5 second

6, synchronization procedure complete.

7, confirm synchronization has been successful by locking,double locking & unlocking vehicle
05-06-2008, 08:55   #3
heartofwhite

Thanks for that mondeoman! A couple of questions though. Does all the car doors need to be closed while performing this or does it matter? Also when you say switch the ignition to on what does this mean? On the xsara you can turn the key once for the battery light to come on and then a second time for all the electrics to come on and then finally a third time to fire up the engine. Which is it?
05-06-2008, 12:05   #4
racso1975

hey can ya tell me where you got your fob from? i only have one for my car and would love to get a 2nd one?
05-06-2008, 12:18   #5
martinr5232

Quote:
Hey,

Any help appreciated!
That will only work if the fob goes out of sync.

For a new fob it will have to be programmed using the lexia diagnostic equipment.
Advertisement
05-06-2008, 12:36   #6
heartofwhite

I got it on ebay. Every now and then you will find them being auctioned. I usually just search for Citroen Xsara and then select car parts on the left hand side menu.
Thanks from:
06-06-2008, 20:02   #7
mondeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr5232 View Post

For a new fob it will have to be programmed using the lexia diagnostic equipment.
fobs can be programmed but keys can't be coded without diagnostic equipment.
06-06-2008, 20:04   #8
mondeoman

Quote:
Thanks for that mondeoman! A couple of questions though. Does all the car doors need to be closed while performing this or does it matter? Also when you say switch the ignition to on what does this mean? On the xsara you can turn the key once for the battery light to come on and then a second time for all the electrics to come on and then finally a third time to fire up the engine. Which is it?

it does'nt say??,you will just have to try it both ways to see which one works properly.
06-06-2008, 22:20   #9
pred racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr5232 View Post

+1

just got a new key for my c5, needs the computer.
the other procedure only works if your key has lost sync with the car.
Advertisement
13-12-2008, 12:07   #10
xsara12345

has anybody got this method to work coz ive got the same problem on the same model but it dont seem to work for me???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeoman View Post
1, Switch ignition 'ON'

2, wait for system LED to extinguish -if fitted.

3, wait 30 seconds : press lock button (or unlock button)

4, wait 10 seconds : press lock or unlock button on any other key to be programmed.

5, Ensure system LED illuminates for aproxx 0.5 second

6, synchronization procedure complete.

7, confirm synchronization has been successful by locking,double locking & unlocking vehicle
13-12-2008, 15:03   #11
mondeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsara12345 View Post
has anybody got this method to work coz ive got the same problem on the same model but it dont seem to work for me???????
Thats for Xsara up to 2000.
Try this for Xsara from year 2000 onwards.

1, Switch ignition 'ON'

2,Press & hold Lock button for 10 seconds

3,switch ignition 'OFF'

4,wait 3 seconds

5, Synnchronization procedure complete

6,Repeat above procedure for the remaining remote Keys.

7,successful if doors can be locked/unlocked with remote.
14-12-2008, 01:25   #12
xsara12345

thank you for your repley so quick...my car is a xsara aug 2000 i have bought a fob off ebay to replace my broken one but can't get it to work, is this just for an out of sych fob?

big thank you and merry christmas to you

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion