Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-06-2008, 18:25   #1
cool boy

National Schools in Castleknock area

Hello,

Moving to Dublin and got 3 young children of primary school age. Thinking of moving to Castleknock area and wanted to ask about schooling options:

1. What are the primary schools there like? Class size, hard to get a place. I'm not catholic so alternative options are good....

2. Are there fee paying options in the area? (Just asking for no flames about being snobby)

3. Are there any good Montesorri schools in the area?

Bill
Advertisement
03-06-2008, 18:39   #2
CtrlSource

Can only speak for the one i went to St Brigid's National School. Was an excellent primary school. Enjoyed my time there.

There's a Church of Ireland primary school, also called St Brigid's, which is smaller. There's also a non-denominational school, Educate Together which opened a few years ago
03-06-2008, 20:49   #3
Gaspode
Woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool boy View Post
Hello,

Moving to Dublin and got 3 young children of primary school age. Thinking of moving to Castleknock area and wanted to ask about schooling options:

1. What are the primary schools there like? Class size, hard to get a place. I'm not catholic so alternative options are good....

2. Are there fee paying options in the area? (Just asking for no flames about being snobby)

3. Are there any good Montesorri schools in the area?

Bill
Dont know too much to help you there, but my kids went to the Educate together School http://www.cetns.ie/ and it was great for them.

You could check out Mount Sackville (girls) for a fee paying school. There's no private boys primary that I know of in the area.

You could try this in the D15 forum, you might get more luck.
03-06-2008, 21:12   #4
Malteaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deswalsh View Post
Dont know too much to help you there, but my kids went to the Educate together School http://www.cetns.ie/ and it was great for them.

You could check out Mount Sackville (girls) for a fee paying school. There's no private boys primary that I know of in the area.

You could try this in the D15 forum, you might get more luck.
Mount Sackville primary isn't private, only the secondary is. The class sizes are really, really small, there's only one class per year afaik.

I went to St. Brigids National School too and also enjoyed my time there. There's usually between 27-31 kids per class. Four classes per year. The facilities are well maintained with new additions and replacement items added each year, for example, a state of the art computer lab and a lot of the class rooms have recently installed projectors and laptops which are similar to the ones you see in most college lecture halls, in addition to the traditional blackboard/whiteboards. As an added safety feature that they don't have in most schools, they're piloting a new system whereby when the teachers leave the room they can hear what's going on in the classroom through an ear piece/microphone combo.

You need to be living the catchment area to be accepted and they've already sent out the acceptance letter for this September.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion