Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris trip - Restuarant recommendation?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I will be in France next week starting with a couple of days business in Paris. I am staying near the Eiffel Tower, can anyone recommend a nice restuarant to try in the area?

Thanks

Risky

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's all about budget man. How much do you want to spend. It soudns like you're just looking for a place to eat rather than anything special. Do you know exactly where you're staying?

For quick lunch or long fancy dinner ?

French food I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Riskymove wrote: »
    Hi all,

I will be in France next week starting with a couple of days business in Paris. I am staying near the Eiffel Tower, can anyone recommend a nice restuarant to try in the area?

Thanks

Risky

There are a couple of restaurants in the tower itself. The one on the very top is mega expensive and probable more of the 'romantic splurge' kind of place. We ate in the lower one and it was lovely, reasonabley priced and a great view of course. I believe they also do a lovely lunch that is a bit cheaper. It books up quickly though so you'd want to get on it ASAP. I'm sorry the name escapes me at the moment, I know the top one is Jules Verne.

Paris is full of amazing restaurants though, I would just go without a plan until you see something that takes your fancy.

If you are talking about lunch, try a place that has a lot of local business people in it, they know where the good spots are!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

thanks for the replies

I will be on my own in Paris :p so not too worried about romantic meals, any budget really without being too OTT.

I'd prefer french cuisine, south-west traditional in particular but I'll eat anything!!:)

I have been in Paris many times and indeed I probably will just end up alking around and seeing what I find....I just thought someone may have had a particular good experience in the area.

I am staying near Javel metro station on the Seine just south from Eiffel tower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Have a look at http://www.chowhound.com/ and seach for Paris in the forums....
    It was great to get restaurant recommendations when I was going to Rome last month - and the investigation really paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

here's 3 i recommended to a friend of mine a couple of months ago:

chez janou : 2 rue roger verlomme - paris 3
    01 42 72 28 41
    this is provence style food, lots of atmosphere, excellent food

anahi : 49 rue volta - paris 3
    01 48 87 88 24
    this is argentinian style so lots of meat

benoit - 20 rue Saint martin. paris 4
    01 42 72 25 76
    this is a typical old style brasserie with typical brasserie dishes which has just been done up and taken over by a famous chef (can't remember his name though)

he went to all 3 and said they were all delicious but the first one had that something extra.

if you do go to one of these, let me know how you got on.

actually just saw where you are staying

this ticks all your boxes. it's one of my favorites but out of the way so not many people know it, and tourists rarely go to that part of town. it's called

la regalade
    avenu jean moulin paris 14
    01 45 45 68 58

this is predominantly south west style food but not as greasy as you would expect- just awesome food and menu. the restaurant itself doesn't look like much but trust me, the food is goood

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

L'Oie Cendrée is a good south-west, not too far from your hotel. (51, rue Labrouste, 75015)

Le Sept Quinze is closer and probably a better place to eat. Inventive Mediterranean/Asian which is a "cuisine de marché" place meaning that the chef decides each days menu based on what he bought fresh that morning on the market. (29, avenue Lowendal 75015)

Close by your metro (I think) there's a place that was on the telly last week called "Le Quinzième" which will cost you around €60 for 3 courses but is an 'inventive' place where you are unlikely to eat the same food anywhere else in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Thanks all they are of great help

I'll let you know how I get on

Advertisement