Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway of getting an improved upgrade from three?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭

not too impressed with the upgrade offers, if you call them will they do upgrades any cheaper?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cyrus wrote: »
    not too impressed with the upgrade offers, if you call them will they do upgrades any cheaper?

What did you get offered? 10% lifetime discount? €50 off a phone? generally they dont seem to budge much on the offer unless continually spending more then you bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

They tend not to budge. I've managed to bump customers upgrade levels in work before on other networks but three is rigidly set. At best they'll offer you a bill credit plus a 10% discount off your line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Damn Three, I'm due an upgrade and too happy with them to move.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any different offers from three? Looking through the forums seems very little on ugrades maybe time to start an proper upgrade thread.

As Jimmy said with three and not sure if will change with this upgrade, was kinda thinking going back to o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

davton wrote: »
    Any different offers from three? Looking through the forums seems very little on ugrades maybe time to start an proper upgrade thread.

As Jimmy said with three and not sure if will change with this upgrade, was kinda thinking going back to o2

I worked for o2 in an experience store and CPW in the republic. I'm now working for o2 uk in a franchise store, so I've a bit of expereince with upgrades and retentions. I tried all the tricks I had learned with three but no joy. In the end i signed back on as they were the only network that would give me free calls to the UK which is what i needed. If I didn't make so many calls home I'd be very tempted to give meteor or o2 a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

I got a LG Viewty cheaper on Ebay than my upgrade offer, actually it was €39 cheaper after shipping costs etc

Quite happy with it as I can tell them now to shove it at a months notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    I got a LG Viewty cheaper on Ebay than my upgrade offer, actually it was €39 cheaper after shipping costs etc

Quite happy with it as I can tell them now to shove it at a months notice!

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP but how did you fair out setting up your Viewty on 3 gpjordanf1?I went down the ebay route but finding getting and setting up the network settings a nightmare.I can go on some sites but on youtube for example I can search for a video but cannot download it.I can't set up Opera mini or google maps.Also just noticed I cant send or recieve MMS.Any chance you could share your settings,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

I got an awful offer from 3 for my upgrade - either another 6120c (or a Skype phone, a few bog-standard Sony Ericssons or Motorolas) for free but the N95 I'm coveting is a whopping 379.

Meteor, who don't know me from Adam, are offering an N95 on a similar tariff for 169. They'll be 3G soon enough so I'm leaving 3 next month. They don't seem too bothered.

I was offered 20 phones free but thats no use when they don't compare to a n95. the price for the n95 was €299. I know i could sell on the upgrade but the money you would get for it, and have to unlock it don't think its worth the hassle. Reckon i can save €20 or €30 a month switchin back to o2

Had the big convo with 3 today about ending the contract. The best they would offer me is a free month plus the offers already for the phones, I still had the 10%lifetime from last year.

It was kinda funny, I said I was leaving because o2 would be cheaper for me, so looking at my usage etc she wanted to me to change to the flexi plans increasing my monthly bill by another €20, after I told her I was leaving because the bill was already too expensive... feel a bit relived now.

If anyone gets a better offer would be nice to hear it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread OP but how did you fair out setting up your Viewty on 3 gpjordanf1?I went down the ebay route but finding getting and setting up the network settings a nightmare.I can go on some sites but on youtube for example I can search for a video but cannot download it.I can't set up Opera mini or google maps.Also just noticed I cant send or recieve MMS.Any chance you could share your settings,thanks.

Hi

Sorry only spotted this now, give me a shout if yor still stuck?

I had to debrand mine from T mobile and get all the Three info, works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you call into your local 3 dealer you might get a better deal than online.....not many shops will let the business go to India if they can help it.... http://www.three.ie/store/index.htm

The prices change every month in stores so expect new prices tomorrow......

If you call into your local 3 dealer you might get a better deal than online.....not many shops will let the business go to India if they can help it.... http://www.three.ie/store/index.htm

The prices change every month in stores so expect new prices tomorrow......

Do you reckon they would change much? In my case as above,, it was online got the phone prices, but when i said i was leaving was offered a free month of line rental.. any suggestion's

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My contract is comming to an end, so I rang them up to cancel it because they need 30days notice. But anyways, yer one on the phone was desperatly trying to keep my service. She even started offering a free phone! I really just want to leave 3 so i spent 10 minutes saying no no no no no, to which she eventually replied "ill have to ring on the 4th of august to cancel as my contract has over 30 days left on it"

Those B@5t@rd5

Maybe try canceling with them! See what they say

Advertisement