Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detailed user profiles

Options
  • 27-04-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this today.

http://www.movetonz.org/forum/members/motherbear.html
    just picked a random user

Was wondering is it something that might interest work over here.

Looks ok.

I like the 'vistor messages'. Nice way of keeping off topic chit chat out of threads. Public messages left on you profile.

The vbExperience seems to be a substitute for the post count. Nice little touch.

/wanders away.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, that's actually a pretty terrific idea. Almost like a boards bebo page for each user.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You know, that's actually a pretty terrific idea.

Oh... well.... you know... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A little too bebo looking for my taste. Think i'll stick with PMs.

Sherifu wrote: »
    A little too bebo looking for my taste. Think i'll stick with PMs.

The message part is a nice little touch, but it isn't the central point of my post.

Not a fan of Bebo, Myspace and what ever else is out there. But I did like the little addtion that the site has added to their user profiles.

It seems to make it a little bit more personal and has the all important statistic for stat whores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol, they're onto you Rabies;

"27/4/2008 @ 23:20 NZT - We're currently transferring our website to a bigger, better, faster home! This may take a while, so please check back in a few hours.

Thank you."

• Advertisement

bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sherifu wrote: »
    Lol, they're onto you Rabies;

"27/4/2008 @ 23:20 NZT - We're currently transferring our website to a bigger, better, faster home! This may take a while, so please check back in a few hours.

Thank you."

looks like the website shut down when they thought a load of paddy's were going to new zealand...

nice one rabies, you broke their website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol I can just imagine some of the messages that would be left on mine.

Agree with it being too bebo-esque though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Horrible layout.. I prefer the IPB way::

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showuser=108264

(Random user)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You know, that's actually a pretty terrific idea. Almost like a boards bebo page for each user.

Almost like a reason to stop using boards.

If you want something like a boards bebo page - go make one on bebo. leave boards as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Advertisement