Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nexline.co.uk

• 26-04-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Has anyone bought from nexline.co.uk?

They seem ridiculously cheap but the site looks too good to be a fake, they have UK addresses for their bricks and mortar shops and even a webcam of their offices.

Apple IPhone 16gb E219, can't be right....

https://www.nexline.co.uk/items.php?id=61970879

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd be wary of any site with those office cameras on the front page.

Google search doesn't return much about them.

Stay away for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

And that "Verified by Visa" logo on the bottom right of the homepage doesn't look like Visas logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The-Baron

Cool will do,

The "If it's too good to be true..." rule still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

And they only give a phone number for their head office, none of the other stores have phone numbers listed......suss Id say.
    As well as that my browser loaded the homepage quite slow and for a split second I could have sworn I saw Chinese writing before it changed to english.

If it is a fake its a pretty good one though, wouldnt be hard to be fooled by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

:rolleyes: if they were a legit company why would they sell their 16gb iphone for 250 less than they could get on ebay

Oh and if you want some legit looking cameras for your fake website you can always google for inurl:”ViewerFrame?Mode=”

• Advertisement

Well it looked pretty legit and I thought I go as far as asking here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

They look very tempting prices are fantastic can't find diddly on the web about them. I'd reckon they are fake would be fantastic if they werent though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Definitely very dodgy... did u see the prices of their cameras. Canon EOS 5D for €900. Ha. Thats so laughable. These things cost thousdands!!! Stay well away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

their head office is harley street based.....very very dodgy.....harley street is famous for offering offices to let....sometimes by the day! - often you pay a fee for a receptionist to take the calls on behalf of the company so the caller perceives them to have an exclusive office address.
    they don't even have a registration number or registered office address on the site....they are fake alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

Somebody off board asked me about this so did a little reseach

whois for nexline.co.uk
    http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=nexline.co.uk&WHOIS+Submit.x=24&WHOIS+Submit.y=11

Registrant's address:
    29 HARLEY STREET
    London
    London
    W1G 9QR
    GB

The site is hosted by DOMAINCONTROL.COM a US company

The domail name is Registered to a company called nexline Ltd also at the above address
    http://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewCompanyDetails.do?companyId=05234908 It has been registered for the past 4 years and have submitted accounts every year

All looking very ligit you would think until you look at the address they are registered to

http://www.virtual-serviced-offices.co.uk/virtual_office.htm

Its a vitural office that you pay £50 per mth for and you get a london phone no ,a pobox and a london address If you ring the number a receptest will answer the phone as nexline but she wouldnt be working for them would be working for this virtual office

a search on the post codes for each of there shops around the country shows that they are not located at any of the addresses that they give

You deside but I told my mate to stay well away

• Advertisement

omega42 wrote: »
    You deside but I told my mate to stay well away

Based on what people are saying I think I'll be staying away too.....

If nothing else the next person to stumbles across the site thinking its legit too and googles it will come across this thread as the top google result. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Exactly baron... your good deed for the day - your work here is done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Guys,

This site is a fake....I can tell you it's being investigated in the UK after someone lost 10K to them (i know one of the legal team involved)

Stay away

Ladybird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Jeez, they have some neck! Out of curiosity, I went through the checkout procedure. Funnily enough, no matter what you do, you can't pay by credit card (so no comeback) at the final page no matter what you do. Helpfully, the page displays "Temporary (sic) Unavailable"...

Of course they are more than happy to accept payment by Western Union or Money Transfer!!
    Western Union / MoneyGram Payment to our Sales Manager:

First name: Janis
    Last name: Bulitis
    Address: 29 Harley Street
    City: London
    Post code: W1G 9QR

Its pure Fonejacker! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aidanh

RATM wrote: »
    And that "Verified by Visa" logo on the bottom right of the homepage doesn't look like Visas logo

Actually, I think that is real. The whole website look and feel bears an incredible similarity to a Canadian electrical retailer Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca) which is part of the American chain Best Buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Compare the "about us" sections

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wow, does look very genuine. Apart from the prices being suspiciously low it looks perfect to me, I could easily have fallen for it.

€10k *ouch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ichirohoshino

It's a fake indeed, even though they have a registered number on a UK companies website, I started to doubt about 'cause when I followed a link on some other site that had an ad for nexline, it went to the domain nexline.co.uk, BUT I placed an order on nexlineSHOP.co.uk, and that's dogdy enough, I mean, what kind of e-shop puts up the same store on 2 different domains? that's meant to make ppl doubt about it, and so I did, and found out about this thread, found this aswell:http://forum.aa419.org/viewtopic.php?p=121472&sid=67ec964c4fabcb6e5214547157a881c5
    and this:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/home.asp?newlang=EN&logon=&langid=EN (which is the place they ripped off the design from )

bullocks! >_> I wanted that CANON :'(

I didnt pay owt though! 'cause it was meant to be paid through western union (since I live in a country where is not so easy to buy online)
    I was about to do it today! LOL but thank god I didnt, DON'T BUY FROM THERE!!!!! :>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Jeez, they have some neck! Out of curiosity, I went through the checkout procedure. Funnily enough, no matter what you do, you can't pay by credit card (so no comeback) at the final page no matter what you do. Helpfully, the page displays "Temporary (sic) Unavailable"...

Of course they are more than happy to accept payment by Western Union or Money Transfer!!

Looks like a scam alright, although a bizarrely detailed one!. If you read their FAQ, credit card is for UK/USA only:
    Accepted Payment Methods

Worldwide (International customers)

- Bank Wire Transfer
    Wire transfer is the preferred payment method for international orders of more than 800 Euro. It is the quickest and least expensive way to send payment.

- Money Transfer (Western Union/MoneyGram)
    You can send a money transfer to us from any Western Union/MoneyGram agent. Click here to find a W.U. agent in your area.

More faults spotted on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well spotted, aidanh. How did ya spot the plagiarism?

Lol, they're in the 15th day of their 14 day sale...

14 days of web deals | May 1-14 only. Thursday, May 15 Day 15

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jes1111

I just saw an advert for NexlineShop on the top of my Google Mail page - so, as yet, Google doesn't seem to know that they are a scam - I have sent an email to the Adwords support group today, suggesting that they switch off their Adwords account ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The-Baron wrote: »
    Based on what people are saying I think I'll be staying away too.....

If nothing else the next person to stumbles across the site thinking its legit too and googles it will come across this thread as the top google result. :D

Spot on, exactly what I did, although not quite top of google search yet.

If the prices were higher, it would be more believeable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

aw, i thought id be the first to spot the site they'd ripped it off. i ran a search on the exact wording from their FAQs, theres a bit about applying for a credit card, which isnt mentioned anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I like the free shipping special offer. :D

Also they do seem to accept credit cards from US and UK addresses only which is really unusual.

That really is a very well done site. The old adage that if it looks too good to be true then it is too good to be true certainly applies here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Another telltale is the "Verisign Secured" logo. Quick search at verisign returns nowt. The plagirised site, though, does appear:

WWW.FUTURESHOP.CA Valid Digital ID Class 3 - Secure Server Renewal Sep 1, 2006 to Aug 31, 2008

Advertisement