Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Club4U

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Niamh Comber and I am the Treasurer and an active Youth Leader in a youth group in Naas called Naas Club4U and I am also national Financial Director of Club4U LTD. This club is aimed for students in years 4th - 6th year. It is now that time of year again, recruiting for new leaders and we need YOU.

Our mission is to have a fun Club that honours and respects young people and provides the skills necessary to run inter-club and social events in an alcohol and drug free environment

As previously mentioned our club is called the club4u and it is run by the young people for the young people with the aid of adults. The Club4U was established 3 years ago. In total there are approximately 13 Club4U's in the greater Dublin area with more and more joining each year throughout the country. Our lastest addition is Ballinasloe Club4U.

The basic foundation of the club is to offer the youth of Naas an alternative to the drink and drugs culture of today's society in Ireland.

Because of everyone's lives getting busier and busier, less and less people are volunteering help in organisations such as this one.

We meet every 2nd Friday night from 8.00 – 9.30, September – June (the school year) We also have a number of events throughout the year such as a weekend in an Adventure Centre, a guided trip to Mount joy Prison, carol singing at Christmas and host a Christmas party for the Old Folks of Naas with the monies raised, bowling, Quazar and many other fun activities.

Inter club activities include Social Events, Disco's, Table Quiz, Fancy Dress Parties, Variety Shows, and Fun and Games.

We used to host regular discos and during school holidays but for the past year we can not find anywhere to host our disco's and have exhausted all our contacts. If you know anywhere that would allow supervised under-age discos for 4th - 6th years please contact me!!!

If YOU think you would be interested in volunteering in a club like this we really appreciate and commitment given, it doesn't have to be a lot as every little helps.

If you are interested or require any more information please do not hesitate to PM me, email me at comber.niamh@gmail.com or log on to www.club4u.ie

Kind regards,

Niamh Comber:)

Advertisement