Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Brady has walked out of the champs league studio

• 08-04-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Liam Brady has walked out of the champs league studio after a bit of slagging for arsene wenger.

I know this cause i'm talking to one of the c rew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

ok he's back. talked into coming back by shows producer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

holy ****in cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Haha. Boards.ie, first for breaking news

This could have huge repreccusions for any coup that rte think they might get regarding the irish national team. Brady is apparently very annoyed (and so he should be having seen an unlucky arsenal be defeated by a load of knackers for "up north"). He was pleaded with to come back - after taking his mic off and slamming it down on the desk during the commercial break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

What was said, was it that John Cleese comment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I've always thought Brady was a bit of a contrary cnut..... FFS the man needs to get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

He didn't seem impressed about it at all, but I didn't see him walk out!

Did he leave after they started the replay of the Chelsea match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 HFXOC

Brady should have walked following the behaviour of that obnoxious tool Dunphy - Brady might be a little sensitive over Wenger but Dunphy got a couple of nasty personal jibes in on Brady about his Irish job which has nothing to do with tonight! Dunphy is yesterdays news as an analyst and the sooner the better the sports producers in RTE drop a pair and get rid of him the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah was the video actually about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

newbie2 wrote: »
    (and so he should be having seen an unlucky arsenal be defeated by a load of knackers for "up north").

Jaysus who said that...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thank god this aint the soccer forum ~:D

orestes wrote: »
    He didn't seem impressed about it at all, but I didn't see him walk out!

Did he leave after they started the replay of the Chelsea match?

during the commercial break.
    i'm getting updates

careful you dont expose the source

From who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Didn't Dunphy nearly walk out of the studio himself a year or so ago ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I heard from someone that Bill O Herlihy punched him.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I heard from someone that Bill O Herlihy punched him.

:D

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I recall him having a hissy fit about two years ago all right...

OK
    word is he is very pissed off with the production team and eamon. He maintains that because eamon was on the editorial team for tonight's match, he had an agenda to slag arsene off no matter what happened.

He believes that he was being nice giving rte exclusive access to inside info regarding the irish national team and that rte have fcuked him over slagging off his team. while letting eamon get away with calling sir alex god.

i know this because i work in rte and am on the phone to a person who is working on the show atm. he's getting some looks at the minute so i can't call him for a few.

I do know however that brady is abck in the studio and is willing to continue with "analysis". He might , however, not be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I though it was fairly vicious attack from Dunphy "Hold on there baby" was one of the comments. They guy is a muppet and completley anti liverpool like the rest of the Rte Studio

Yes , he did have a bit of a queen when bill read something about dunphy's boyfriend ( Keano). He threw a couple of pages around the studio but came back after the CB. Dunphy - we must remember_ was also asked to leave the complex after turning up to work drunk. (during the WC - japan). IMO it makes great TV but sh1tty soccer coverage.

Psygnosis wrote: »
    I though it was fairly vicious attack from Dunphy "Hold on there baby" was one of the comments. They guy is a muppet and completley anti liverpool like the rest of the Rte Studio

What? That wasn't the point at all. He was praising Liverpool, attacking Arsenal. Why would a former Liverpool manager and player be anti-Liverpool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Idiot, power has gone to his head already.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Say what you want about Dunphy, he's great to watch. Just don't take him too seriously when he starts slagging off your own team (take note Liam Brady)

what makes you think that rte are antiliverpool? the fact that graeme souness is on the panel or that ronnie whelan and ray houghton are on the prem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Dunphy: "You jumped the fence there baby" and "You missed the bus". :rolleyes: Justice for Brady! See this is what happens when Gilsey isn't there to calm everyone down with a soliloquy on moral courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

RTE should get rid of Brady....not because of that, but because he gave away that Chelsea got through before they showed the highlights :mad:

I deliberately didn't check the results...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

what makes you think that rte are antiliverpool? the fact that graeme souness is on the panel or that ronnie whelan and ray houghton are on the prem?

They hate Liverpool! All ex players hate Liverpool, You don't know the stick they give the team.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He shouldn't be there in the first place. I mean for FFS he's currently an employee of Arsenal FC and he's there commenting on them. Does anyone else not see how ridiculous that is? :confused: Is RTE the only channel amateur enough and inept enough to be able to concoct such an arrangement?

lets see how many comments he makes in this part of the programme

Pigman II wrote: »
    He shouldn't be there in the first place. I mean for FFS he's currently an employee of Arsenal FC and he's there commenting on them. Does anyone else not see how ridiculous that is? :confused: Is RTE the only channel amateur enough and inept enough to be able to concoct such an arrangement?

Well Alan Shearer for the BBC.
    Ian Wright

Much more in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Probably crawled out pissed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

mike65 wrote: »
    They hate Liverpool! All ex players hate Liverpool, You don't know the stick they give the team.

Mike.

Can't say i blame them tbh.

:pac:

Well Alan Shearer for the BBC.
    Ian Wright

Much more in fairness.

Do they comment on clubs they're currently employed by?

• Advertisement

thats a poor excuse for a post. If you're going to post then do a little bit of a background check to make sure you're not looking like an eejit....

his head is red as a turkey lol

thats a poor excuse for a post. If you're going to post then do a little bit of a background check to make sure you're not looking like an eejit....
    Brady was one of dozens of former managers linked to the Republic of Ireland manager's job after the sacking of Steve Staunton on 23 October 2007. On March 7th 2008, the Football Association of Ireland announced that Brady had agreed to become an assistant to newly appointed manager, Giovanni Trapattoni.[2] He will continue to work as Director of the Arsenal Youth Academy

Shove it up your arse.

staker wrote: »
    his head is red as a turkey lol
    It's a long way to the car park

completley anti liverpool like the rest of the Rte Studio

:D

LMFAO

This is the station who's 2 main co-commentators Beglin and Houghton are both ex Liverpool while they have 2 ex Liverpool players in Whelan and Souness among their pundits.

• Advertisement

Is RTE the only channel amateur enough and inept enough to be able to concoct such an arrangement?

reshove

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Brady shouldnt have been on the commentary panel for either of the liverpool - arsenal games imo. he thinks its grand to sit there and watch a montage of ronaldo's "mistakes" during the SF against Milan last season but as soon as his precious is in the firing line the toys go out the pram.
    when it comes to analysis of arsenal and their football he is sorely lacking in the integrity and principles needed to do the right job. thats why he shouldnt have been there.

he was annoyed that arsenal "were robbed" tonight and the other nights and it all obviously reached ahead as soon as they showed a frustrated arsene wenger. if hes gonna give fair and accurate analysis then he has to leave his arsenal hat at home, which he clearly didnt do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone got a link to it? Missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I told ya this was big. :pac:

He was looking fairly riled alright. :D

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to it? Missed it

straight from the telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm not really surprised that Brady had a hissy fit during the ad break, sure he had a hissy fit during the show.

There seemed to be a lot of sour grapes from Brady all night. Personally I agree with Pigman that he shouldn't comment on the Arsenal matches as he comes across as too biased. And likewise, Dunphy was right to call him on the fact that they are paid to be analysts and that means that all managers are prone to getting a bit of stick. If it was Fergie, Mourinho or Benitez they were having a pop at he wouldn't of had a problem. I don't blame him for being p1ssed off but that's what happens when you have a conflict of interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

RTE should not have Brady as pundit when Arsenal are playing, he is not impartial.

reshove

again what is your point?

Jazzy wrote: »
    Brady shouldnt have been on the commentary panel for either of the liverpool - arsenal games imo. he thinks its grand to sit there and watch a montage of ronaldo's "mistakes" during the SF against Milan last season but as soon as his precious is in the firing line the toys go out the pram.
    when it comes to analysis of arsenal and their football he is sorely lacking in the integrity and principles needed to do the right job. thats why he shouldnt have been there.

he was annoyed that arsenal "were robbed" tonight and the other nights and it all obviously reached ahead as soon as they showed a frustrated arsene wenger. if hes gonna give fair and accurate analysis then he has to leave his arsenal hat at home, which he clearly didnt do.

agreed. and i'm an arsenal supporter. I think the only reason he's there is because of his attatchment to the irish naional team

That's the thing about Brady. While it was all fine and dandy for him to do the Ireland matches as he is able to be partizan but when it comes to the club games Brady can't seem to leave the Arsenal hat behind him for the evening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement