Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done rag2gar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

McLovin it. WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Just wrote a new blog entry about how all this came about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

sweet result........ nice one gary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Woo hoo!!!, was delighted to see this thread this morning.....Excellent news Gary, you have an excellent chance to go really deep in the ME, really delighted for you......

Talk to you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Well done Gary, nice one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Super stuff Gary chuffed for you see you over there for (in BCB's accent cocktails.....cocktails)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done Gary. GL in the ME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hang on a minute, before all this back slapping continies read the blog and make your own minds up. Im not up on the whole online ettiquette and whats right or wrong but I reckon whoever the runner up was wouldnt be happy reading the blog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

yeh he probly should have sat staring at the disconnect message on the screen while getting blinded out for etiquette purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

looks fine to me Eoghan; he didn't have to take any advice offered

well done Gary and best of luck in Vegas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Hang on a minute, before all this back slapping continies read the blog and make your own minds up. Im not up on the whole online ettiquette and whats right or wrong but I reckon whoever the runner up was wouldnt be happy reading the blog!

I thought the same personally, but well done all the same man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

yeh he probly should have sat staring at the disconnect message on the screen while getting blinded out for etiquette purposes.
    Did I say that he should? You a very clever man using sarcasm like that very clever!!!

As I said Im not up on the whole online ettiquette thing but to me this looks the same as someone buying an account. His connection went so he went to a mates to play and asked the mate to keep an eye on it while he drove over. Fine. I see nothing wrong with this at all. But, to say that you then made an effort to go to another house to meet 2 more players that could help you seems a bit dodgy. Gary freely admits in the Blog that he took the advice of the other players there and if you were the runner up and knew this how would you feel?

I dont really care and am happy for Gary that he won but I just think if it was someone else there would be alot more said. If Trippie came on and said " me and 3 other good players got together for the late stages of a Sat and I totally pwned it!!!" i reckon eyebrows would be raised. Just my opinion though and well done Gary good luck in Vegas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

gary fantastic news, well done but take that blog entry down like a good man ffs.

edit - *good stuff*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Nice touch wd.

lol @ "I'm mclovin it"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Sweet...wp....I'm sick jealous, and I ain't denying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done Gary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Goozer

well done who ever u are i only started readin these boards. Only know a few people dont read bloggs...but if the guy was running cold as in one of the earler posts maybe he did need a bit of a change in his game some advice...it was in bluff mag couple of weeks ago two US brothers play together all the time 5/10 10/20 and win big..i had big problems on poker stars for the last few months getting done the whole time going in ahead i have now changed due to playin with friends.Its online people are takin all the advantage they can other countries people are playing together getting better and if this produced a ticket for this man fair dues. more power to ya

Goozer wrote: »
    .it was in bluff mag couple of weeks ago two US brothers play together all the time 5/10 10/20 and win big..i had big problems .
    thats hac and Z dang, aka urindanger/trex13/hcdntbb or something. they play nosebleeds.

Its pretty hard to define whats right and wrong. Most people have probably sat in the same room and casually talked about hands or w/e. I suppose its really the intentions of the person playing that defines whether its right or wrong. Anytime i talk about this kind of situation i always remember when a bunch of players at pca tried to set up gildwulf(who wasnt at pca) in a HU freezeout by having like 10 people in the room and he still won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

well done who ever u are i only started readin these boards. Only know a few people dont read bloggs...but if the guy was running cold as in one of the earler posts maybe he did need a bit of a change in his game some advice...it was in bluff mag couple of weeks ago two US brothers play together all the time 5/10 10/20 and win big..i had big problems on poker stars for the last few months getting done the whole time going in ahead i have now changed due to playin with friends.Its online people are takin all the advantage they can other countries people are playing together getting better and if this produced a ticket for this man fair dues. more power to ya

not really....but....Whatever you do, if you ever violate multiple T&C on a site, do not write about it on a forum or a blog. . . It's like walking up to a copper with a joint in your hand and tapping him on the shoulder,then justifying it by saying everyone does it....dont walk up and tap him on the shoulder and enjoy!!!!!

back to celebration mode:

• Advertisement

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the man is a hero.

At the end of the day he's goin to play the ME event himslf on his own the 4 lads cant be around him or can they well if figure they can just like hal labersky last year he can pretend he is blind the 4 lads can whisper in his ear......

At the end of the day he's goin to play the ME event himslf on his own the 4 lads cant be around him or can they well if figure they can just like hal labersky last year he can pretend he is blind the 4 lads can whisper in his ear......

I was in tescos one time and this blind guy came in swinging his guide dog above his head by his leash and the security guard said "wtf are you doing?" the blind man replied "just having a look around"

I was in tescos one time and this blind guy came in swinging his guide dog above his head by his leash and the security guard said "wtf are you doing?" the blind man replied "just having a look around"

hahahhahah your so funny

hahahhahah your so funny
    tyty

saying i have 9" in my pants easy to prove...pull down pants shock horror 9" ...saying i have 4 friends in my house to help me play poker last night not so easy to prove....lol at guide dog joke:) if this was the case this thing is policed these boards most of the baords houses would be surrounded by the drug squad from what i can read........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Lollllaments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Congratulations and best of luck in Vegas.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement