Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT type 3 to type 1 with wireless

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Anyone want to explain this all? I'm pretty lost tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

i'm assuming if it ain't broke don't fix it? like if games work online that's it yeah? or could i improve things?
    :confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Fixed GTp5 for me, nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Burago wrote: »
    Fixed GTp5 for me, nice one!

Had to go back to the old NAT 2 setting for the PS3 to find my media server. Any ideas how to make this work with NAT 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

i dont think a media server will work with nat 1 cos thats connected directly to the internet but nat 2 is connected to a network, gt5 will work on nat 2 just set up port forwarding,, the ports ya need to forward are in the back of the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

broadband 1 does not work for me in the pppoe section for eircom, any ideas?

just go to the router homepage and go to expert mode then configure connection and change it there, look here at my post http://www.ps3-leagues.co.uk/forum/f144/nat-type-help-7403/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Tried the suggested settings using login details of my Netopia, "eircom" and password "broadband1" but no joy. Still NAT3 :mad:

Finally got it to work and got it to NAT1:) I kept getting the error that the username/password were wrong (broadband1 for both if your with eircom) but after the 5th or so try it worked. So if you are getting the same error just keep trying and it should work... eventually

• Advertisement

the default user name is eircom@eircom.net and the password is broadband1

thats probably why I had such trouble connecting but it eventually worked with broadband1 as username?? Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

Plascebo wrote: »
    Finally got it to work and got it to NAT1:) I kept getting the error that the username/password were wrong (broadband1 for both if your with eircom) but after the 5th or so try it worked. So if you are getting the same error just keep trying and it should work... eventually

Username: broadband1
    password: broadband1

It works,i can't believe i have NAT 1 now:eek:

I had NAT 3 but games kept disconnecting

Couple of questions

Why do you have to disable the ports on the router?

Would this work properly for GTA IV multiplayer?

thanks in advance :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

If you use this you give your playstation unrestricted access to the internet , you shouldnt have to open ports.
    It should make all your games work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

OP I had same problem with my PS3 which is connected through a wifi network. After some research i found that on a lot of routers theres something called DMZ and once you put the PS3's ip address in the DMZ section of your router setup page, it will open all ports automatically. Worked a treat. And i was almost going to buy a new router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I followed the OP's link and now have NAT type1. Using the eircom netopia wireless router/modem (silver one, forget the model no.) and ps3s wireless. Only thing that is different from when i had nat3 is my username now is broadband1 instead of eircom, and I have ppoe and mtu set to manual instead of automatic. And voila..nat type1!

Weirdly enough the IP address for the 'Default Router' as reported by the PS3 internet settings is no longer 192.168.1.254. It's 159.134.155.22!!. I assume that is because this is an exernal IP assigned directly to the ps3 as a result of logging in as broadband. Typing in either i.p with the ps3 browser brings up network not found error though 192.168.1.254 works from the pc still. Regardless I assume I should no longer need to open ports for the ps3 or assign static ip's to the anymore as i have read nat1 is a direct connection with no port restrictions. Is this correct ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lochy6767

I hav nat 2 but im still not able to connect wit frends (nat2 aswel). I cant seem to get the pppoe workin either. Im with gaelic telecom and i know the pppoe is correct but the connection test keeps failing. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chris 1977

hi lads,i have the same problem as well with netopia router and ps3.unfort still playn on nat 3 i trayin many advices and wont help.if there is a person from galway area who can set up nat 1 straigght on wire ( not a wireless) at my home ? i have a bottle of whiskey for dose who do that for me. thx lads.

csskydiver@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

chris 1977 wrote: »
    hi lads,i have the same problem as well with netopia router and ps3.unfort still playn on nat 3 i trayin many advices and wont help.if there is a person from galway area who can set up nat 1 straigght on wire ( not a wireless) at my home ? i have a bottle of whiskey for dose who do that for me. thx lads.

csskydiver@gmail.com

What provider are you with?

with eircom

• Advertisement

Not to sure with eircom did you try setting up a dmz on your router for the ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Yeah
    Just wondering what excatly does NAT 1 do
    i have NAT 2 and i occasionaly get disconnect

yeah and no respond.my brother have the same internet same router but different software (older) and wireless nat1 is not a problem for him. my is fresh and all i have is nat 3 , when i use wireless pppoe and pass not working even if i try few times .i think problem is in software what router use.

marko93 wrote: »
    Yeah
    Just wondering what excatly does NAT 1 do
    i have NAT 2 and i occasionaly get disconnect

I get random disconnect as well, have nat 2 also. Most of the time its ok though only the odd time it happens.

chris 1977 wrote: »
    yeah and no respond.my brother have the same internet same router but different software (older) and wireless nat1 is not a problem for him. my is fresh and all i have is nat 3 , when i use wireless pppoe and pass not working even if i try few times .i think problem is in software what router use.

I'm with ntl was having a lot of problems before. Once I set up a static address for ps3 and then set a dmz for that address everything has been ok. Only on a nat2 but that seems to works. Do you

Advertisement