Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-03-2008, 14:05   #1
Something-Wkd

Foot Tattoo

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my foot but I'm finding it very hard to get ideas. Most of the pics I've found are of stars or flowers but that's not what I'm after. I'd love to get a leopard (funky outline) but again, really hard to find a design that would suit the foot. Any ideas??

Also, I asked a tattoo artist and they said that foot tattoos can smudge if you're not careful for a good while after you get it done...I'm wondering if it would be best to get it done in the summer?? (Flip flops ahoy!)
Advertisement
28-03-2008, 14:16   #2
The Artist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something-Wkd View Post
I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my foot but I'm finding it very hard to get ideas. Most of the pics I've found are of stars or flowers but that's not what I'm after. I'd love to get a leopard (funky outline) but again, really hard to find a design that would suit the foot. Any ideas??

Also, I asked a tattoo artist and they said that foot tattoos can smudge if you're not careful for a good while after you get it done...I'm wondering if it would be best to get it done in the summer?? (Flip flops ahoy!)
type in Foot Tattoo on google theres loads of images.
28-03-2008, 14:55   #3
roybob

Hey matey, I got one done and it hasnt smudged but there is a colour difference between my lower foot and heel, I got a tribal thingy wrapped round my ankle and continuing down to just where my big toe starts, looks well cool with the flip flops and board shorts. I had a little idea what I wanted so went to tattooist and he done the rest, any good artist should be able do the same. some areas of the foot will not take the ink aswell as others aswell. hope that helps somewhat?
28-03-2008, 15:50   #4
Hellrazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something-Wkd View Post

The foots a really hard place for the ink to hold especially closer to the sole--it also hurts a lot more aswell.
Foot tattoos are more prone to infection being closer to the ground aswell.

Id say wait till summer--that way you can wear flipflops/whatever to let more air at it for healing.
I wouldnt say a fresly inked foot tattoo would heal well covered up by thick sock and a pair of boots/shoes.
28-03-2008, 16:14   #5
spinandscribble

Send a message via MSN to spinandscribble
better to wait til summer, i know i am before i go near my foot again. be careful of the danger zones on feet. where blisters ect happen. the top of the feet at a good place. good luck
Advertisement
28-03-2008, 17:35   #6
DamoElDiablo
Lumpy Space Prince

Just to re-iterate what the people before me have said, your tattoo will bleed and fade considerably more when it's closer to the sole of your foot/your heel, as the skin there is different, and replaces itself much quicker, also due to the larger quantities of sweat that pass through that part of your foot, and the friction that they experience.

[edit]
Also it probably is the best idea to wait till summer, so you can wear sandals/flip flops etc...
[/edit]

I like the design idea of the "funky" leopard outline, think that could look great as a foot tattoo.

One of the best tattoos I saw before though was a leg/foot one, with Calvin + Hobbes...

Last edited by DamoElDiablo; 28-03-2008 at 17:40.
28-03-2008, 17:38   #7
MizzLolly
Hmmmm sweet lemonade

My foot one (stars actually, lol) faded something terrible. I didn't realise it'd be so hard to keep right, though I think the guy who did the tattoo had a lot to do with it! Good luck finding a design

(by the way, it seemed to take far longer to heal than other tattoos)
28-03-2008, 21:35   #8
The Artist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoElDiablo View Post
Just to re-iterate what the people before me have said, your tattoo will bleed and fade considerably more when it's closer to the sole of your foot/your heel, as the skin there is different, and replaces itself much quicker, also due to the larger quantities of sweat that pass through that part of your foot, and the friction that they experience.

[edit]
Also it probably is the best idea to wait till summer, so you can wear sandals/flip flops etc...
[/edit]

I like the design idea of the "funky" leopard outline, think that could look great as a foot tattoo.

One of the best tattoos I saw before though was a leg/foot one, with Calvin + Hobbes...
ye got lovely legs damo poor old charlie getting ate by the tiger lol
28-03-2008, 22:58   #9
Crumble Froo

o_O charlie?

and yep, i have my lower leg/foot done, and not only did it hurt more getting done the further to the foot it got, but it was a bitch to heal. admittedly i did it in winter and wasnt living an entirely healthy lifestyle at hte time... but it did take a long time to heal, and it was several weeks before the scabbing had entirely gone... i didnt even experience scabbing on my other tattoos.
Advertisement
14-04-2008, 21:26   #10
Something-Wkd

Eekkk

Eeeekk! Where to go from here eh? I keep hearing off people that the foot is a really sore/awkward place to get a tat but I'm not of the breed that likes tats to be really obvious.

I have some funky ideas for a tat around my ankle but I think I might have issues with it as I got older. (Could you imagine being in a serious business negotiation and seeing a nice buisness suit...respectable shoes...Mad ankle tattoo!!)
14-04-2008, 22:49   #11
Crumble Froo

well i've one on my hip that is virtually invisible unless im showing it to you.

and dont let the concept of pain throw you off. it'll last barely a fraction of the total amount of time you'll have the tattoo. and i've seen a lot of women wear skirts and have small (say, up to 3inch diameter) tattoos on their ankles.

if you want it, go for it. simple as, it'll be there for life. the pain in comparison is fleeting at worst.
16-04-2008, 00:03   #12
CianRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoElDiablo View Post

[edit]
[/edit]

I'd never usually do this.. but......

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMGOGMG
I FCUCKING LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBS!!!!!

sorry!
really i am! >.<

but to the point in hand, the whole having the fresh tattoo out to the open air would good, so sandles are a yes yes and as far as i know, the sun/heat is goot for healing too! (skatboarder knowlage)
16-04-2008, 08:58   #13
DamoElDiablo
Lumpy Space Prince

The sun's not really good for tattoos at all. It's good for the skin (in moderation) but it's not good for the ink.
Thanks from:
20-05-2008, 12:28   #14
sam_mom1

here my little gecko....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lizzie.jpg (75.0 KB, 533 views)
21-05-2008, 00:10   #15
DubLass

The one on my foot is perfect and I have it about 5 years now, its a swirly tribal thingy in black, just on my right foot - nice and curvy

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion