Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic - EMT Trainee

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

For those interested in this career the HSE are currently recruiting Trainee Paramedics. Closing date is 04/04/08. Look here for more information. Good luck to those applying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Belker

Thanks Metman. I am interested in applying, however don't have C1 and D1 licences....yet!!! How soon do you think I could obtain these ? And do you think I am wasting my time applying even if my intention is to get them as soon as it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Give it a shot, what do you have to loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

It says on the job details that you will only be admitted to sit the entry exams on production of your license with the required categories. With this in mind I wouldn't turn up without a C1/D1 as you'd be wasting your time.

Best to crack on with getting the license sorted then apply once you have the required categories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Belker

Yep, I read that alright and my plan was to try and obtain C1/D1 before 28th April (i.e exam date)...it just might be possible! However my problem is with application form (closing date 4th April) which asks do you have C1/D1...do I lie and say yes and hope that I get them in time for entry to exam or say no and risk immediate disqulification from competition????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Belker wrote: »
    Yep, I read that alright and my plan was to try and obtain C1/D1 before 28th April (i.e exam date)...it just might be possible! However my problem is with application form (closing date 4th April) which asks do you have C1/D1...do I lie and say yes and hope that I get them in time for entry to exam or say no and risk immediate disqulification from competition????

Hmmm. I'm guessing you don't think honesty and integrity are qualities looked for in trainee EMT/Paramedics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Thats nasty!

Belker.... you dont have a hope in getting both licences in time! Even if you have experience driving large vehicles, with waiting lists and other such things it wont happen!

The HSE are committed to taking on large numbers of Paramedics over the next number of years so get stuck into the licences and go again! Remember, it isnt too long since the last recruitment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 scott22

I took part in the last round of recruitment and can tell you that you wont be let sit the appitude test if you cannot produce your full C1 and D1 on the day. Anyone at this stage, would have very little chance of getting one of the test's before then, let alone both of them, as waiting lists are already quite long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Are both C1 and D1 licences necessary? I only have a full B1 licence and have been called to the aptitude tests but theres no point going if I havent got those licences

It will be checked on the day when you are signing in and unless you can show a full C1 and D1 you will be turned away. I did it in Cork last time out and there was 7 people turned away that morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dandg

Anyone any idea what % you need to get to pass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 choper

hey anyone got any idea when the next time offers for Student Paramedic EMT Trainee will be?????? :confused:

There are talks that the HSE will be recruiting again around september...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 alrilad

Hello,

Does anyone know if I had all my licences and trained myself up to emt would I find it hard to get a job with the hse and would I have to wait untill they are recruiting to apply???

Many Thanks........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

If you train yourself up to emt, its still not as high as the paramedic level, and atm, no place is training to paramedic standard because the hse has them booked out, the best plan would be to join a private and get as much training as is going there and apply foe hse when its going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 allyg

metman wrote: »
    For those interested in this career the HSE are currently recruiting Trainee Paramedics. Closing date is 04/04/08. Look here for more information. Good luck to those applying
    does anyone know anything bout prison service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kcpd1

For those interested in an alternative training route I found a Fire / Ambulance Access Course being run in Senior College Dun Laoghaire ( a post leaving cert college). They are offering a lot of relevant training such as EMT, Fire warden, HGV Licence etc...

I am looking into it myself - seems interesting, could do most of my training in one year.... if you want a look for yourself the website is www.scd.ie ( the course is listed in the full time section under business courses - a bit confusing, but worth a look!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 choper

Hey everyone,
    My brain is melting.. I'm living in the midlands and am trying to become an EFR... I have already applied to a company that cancelled on me twice and am eager to do this course... If there is anyone here that can tell me who dose the course and a phone number for them I'd be very greatful

Thanks,
    Choper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 medic5

For anyone in the West, there's a company in Galway running the same course, I think! http://ambulancetraining.webs.com

Advertisement