Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing in cork.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ScienceNerd361

I went to Tattoo Zoo to get my eyebrow pierced. When i walked in, a man came over and said 'what you looking for?' i told him i wanted to get my eyebrow pierced and he shouted for a girl called Laura. She came out with a angry look and said nothing so i said 'Can i get my eyebrow pierced?' in my opinion the people that served me seemed not to really care about what i wanted, they didn't seem very nice and basically told me to get out because i was too young. I thought they could have handled it a little bit nicer then that. So i walked around a bit to try and find another place to get it done. I asked a lot of people where Smiley Dog was and nobody seemed to know what i was talking about so i saw a place called Raven. From the outside, Raven doesn't look like a place you'd want to walk into. I walked up the stares and a sign on the wall said 'Strictly no children' so i took my chances and went in. When i walked in, the guy said hello straight away, not sure of his name, but i doubt it's that Brian guy because from what i've heard about Brian from other people, he doesn't seem anything like that and his son wasn't there.. he seemed like a sound enough guy. He was working on someone else so he said to wait about 10minutes. The place smelled really clean, kinda like a dentists :) The woman he served before me seemed very happy with what she got. I went in and he asked me the usual questions about which eyebrow i wanted it on. He pierced it really quick and i didn't really feel it that much at all. I'd definitely go to him again. He seemed very nice and was happy to answer any questions i had about further piercings i wanted to get. My dad is even considering getting a tattoo at Raven. :) Go to him for your piercings anyway. Not sure about tattoos yet, but you could take your chances like i did, and i'm happy i did. :D ( Raven is also cheaper than Tattoo Zoo ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kate.murphy

i got my tongue webbing pierced in baazars barber/piercing studio and out of 30 piercings its the worst one iv'e ever had so don't go there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Heard alot of bad stories about a few places in Cork piercing people under 18, not using sterilised jewellery, and also letting people bring in their own jewellery.

Theres a reason why places are really strict on the age, they dont want kids coming back with thier parents complaining about an infected piercing due to no aftercare.

Kev in Tribal Ink knows his stuff, proper clean and wont pierce people unless there over 18 and are 110% sure they want it, regardless if your great grand mother is there to say its cool to do it.

I cant comment on Raven/Tattoo Zoo as ive never been pierced by them, Heard good and bad stories but i suppose this is why this thread is here, people to do research before going somewhere there not sure off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

The guy in Raven just seemed eager to take my cash and get rid of me. I got one piercing there, then I had to go back and get him to change it for me. He didn't remember that I had gotten it done there only a short time before, and when I had tried to ask him about aftercare advise he was not very helpful.
    From then on I got my piercings done in tattoo zoo by Noel. Very professional and gives a lot of helpful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

i had my nose done at tattoo zoo and she did it completely wrong she used the wrong nose stud and it started profusely bleeding while she was doing it. It obviously got infected even though i took care of it so i got the other side done some where else.
    I got my lip and bellybutton done in raven and no complaints i would recommend him.No infection,used the right jewellery made sure i was over 18 and gave me the proper aftercare advice.Made me feel right at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

heading to inkoholics on french church street tomorrow to get my tongue, finger and nose done... they've had an offer on all week 10€ off piercings to celebrate their new piercer!

might get a dermal on my thumb too... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 32 _mocha_

Does anyone know how much a nose piercing would cost roughly in any of these places?

I think, (now i stress THINK) it's about 25€ for a stud, septum is about 40 and i think a ring is about 30... I THINK!!! price lists are usually on the counters or walls for common enough piercings =) or just ask but me thinks thats the goin rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭starr0409

Anyone have a rough idea of what a lip piercing costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Bout 45 quid.

• Advertisement

_mocha_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much a nose piercing would cost roughly in any of these places?

now i know, in tattoo zoo! (I got a lovely new nose ring!)

nose ring is 25€
    nose stud is 30€
    septum is 45€

Also can someone tell me something, I'm a venture scout leader my kids are all 15 - 17 and we went on an auld day trip saturday and they were all telling me they were gettin their hips pierced?

I've known a few people with it done but is it getting very popular?

they also told me that they get pierced in a place called bazzors barbers?! that also havea guy doing piercings?!

It all just seemed very odd... but it has been a while since i was 16ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinkel

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    Also can someone tell me something, I'm a venture scout leader my kids are all 15 - 17 and we went on an auld day trip saturday and they were all telling me they were gettin their hips pierced?

I've known a few people with it done but is it getting very popular?

they also told me that they get pierced in a place called bazzors barbers?! that also havea guy doing piercings?!

It all just seemed very odd... but it has been a while since i was 16ish!

I can't say much about 16yearolds in ireland, but in Sweden it pretty common to want surfacepiercings now. Lots of people there want hips but don't since they migrate easily. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same story here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yup it's fairly popular though generally surface piercings like that have an age requiremnt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Piercings - so surface
    a32a3b9c-0e1b-4f66-ab4f-b66a7d1eb134.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny po

I'm 15 and looking for an eyebrow piercing, I am hoping to do it on the 15th and I dont know where I should go, I can pass for 16 no bother and will be with older lads, if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do I'd be happy to hear because I'm really eager to get it done, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be honest, what you should do is wait. Honestly, it's less than a year. Just wait and get it done by someone reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I've only ever been pierced in Tattoo Zoo..Good experiences each time, wouldn't go anywhere else in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Just wanted to recommend tattoo zoo. I was pierced there a few days ago, the piercer is absolutely lovely and my piercing is perfect. Wouldn't recommend tribal inc, I had a bad experience there a few weeks ago. There's a much nicer atmosphere in tattoo zoo too, you'd notice the difference right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

^^^^^^^^^

My own experience would be the complete opposite to be honest, each to their own I guess which is why people should check out a few places for themselves first and choose which is comfortable for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 loza141

i want to get a helix piercing done and apparently tattoo zoo is supposed to be good but i don't know how much it is.. anyone know the best place for helix and price?

Advertisement