Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat / Skirting heating

Options
  • 12-03-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hope to start a build shortly (returning after too long in the UK!).

Among the many questions I have are:

Anyone got any experience(s) with skirting heating - cost? effectiveness? (The theory of having a "radiator" running all round the room without using up furniture space and none of the trouble-shooting problems that faulty UFH might bring seem sensible.)

Secondly, if I've read the threads correctly, it seems that in the UK you can reclaim the Vat on new builds, but I've seen no reference to anything like that on this side of the water. Anyone know the score?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

hi hrc

In the UK you can reclaim the VAT on certain elements of the build, you submit a once-only claim at the end. Not here though.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

hrc wrote: »
    Hope to start a build shortly (returning after too long in the UK!).

Among the many questions I have are:

Anyone got any experience(s) with skirting heating - cost? effectiveness? (The theory of having a "radiator" running all round the room without using up furniture space and none of the trouble-shooting problems that faulty UFH might bring seem sensible.)

Secondly, if I've read the threads correctly, it seems that in the UK you can reclaim the Vat on new builds, but I've seen no reference to anything like that on this side of the water. Anyone know the score?

A company called Heat Profile do the heated skirting boards. Very expensive though. Can't remember the price off the top of my head but it was pretty high per metre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mudz

I read an article in Construct Ireland magazine, Jan 08 issue or Feb, from what I remember it is not possible to claim the vat back in the republic. Only UK and Northern Ireland...big shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hrc

Thanks mudz and SSE re VAT. No silver lining then!

Thanks too, to ibh. Have found a few firms in Ireland who deal with skirting heating - one firm gave me ball park figure of Eu 70 per linear metre. Trouble is I don't know how that compares with radiator/ UFH. (My build will be small - around 1500 sq ft single storey). Is it reasonable value?
    Keen to hear from someone who has knowledge of the whole skirting board thing. Rejected it because...? Used it and found...?
    Thanks in anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

hrc wrote: »
    Rejected it because...?

It was to expensive, rads are around €100/room

• Advertisement
Advertisement