Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fahey Family - Ghost in galway

Options
  • 01-03-2008 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20010708/ai_n14535974

Anyone remember this?

It's on Discovery Channel and it is being aired all over the world. I was just watching it tonight and was like "hey it's an irish family on Discovery..." so I kept watching and the memories all came back to me...I was only 11 when it happened on the tv but I remember RTE news covering it years ago...The poltergeist that caused mayhem in the house...

Thoughts? Anyone seen the discovery channel version?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah I read their book and saw the show, I have watched it more then once TBH.

The production was a bit lazy, they never went to Galway, the house was different (much nicer) but I guess that it didn't take from the story.

I love A Haunting, I hope they do more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

My uncle jeffrey was blamed by my mother for breaking a really expensive waterford crystal plate when he visited our house when I was young, he was on his own in the kitchen and said he had nothing to do with it, and he blamed it on poltergeist activity,to this day he always mentions it when we meet, "any paranormal activity in the ol house" he'd say matter of factly. I've never witnessed anything strange

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The Psychic in the Fahey case is a Boardsie (though banned from this Forum), here's what wiki has to say about here:
    wiki wrote:
    Sandra Ramdhanie was born in Middlesex, England. A spiritual priestess since the late 1970s, she has travelled and worked world-wide and is considered Ireland's leading expert on the paranormal. With a background in medical science, philosophy, and psychology, Sandra has been a paranormal researcher all her life. During her extensive travels including 5 years in the Caribbean Islands and South America, she studied healing methods and researched spiritual techniques with Hindu yogis, shamans, voodoo priests, magicians, and white witches in her search for ancient mystical knowledge. Sandra's work combines eastern mysticism with Celtic and druid wisdom.

In 1984, she established "The Irish Institute of Parapsychology & Metaphysics" for the purpose of research, teaching, and training professional clairvoyants and healers. She also developed a method of ridding haunted houses of spirit activity by performing pranic healing ceremonies.

In 1995, Sandra's best-selling book Trapped Between Two Worlds: Experiences of a Ghostbuster was published by O'Brien Press, Ireland.

MEDIA. Sandra first came to the attention of the media in 1977, when she publicly predicted the General Election results of that year in "The Sunday Independent"(Irish). She has been interviewed internationally on Radio and T.V.and worked as a regular contributor with Ireland's major Radio &T.V. stations. Documentaries made about her work include Michael Aspel's Strange But True? series, TG4 Suilin Draoichta series presented by Patrick Bergin, Los Angeles-based Triage Productions' "Scariest Places on Earth", UK's Inca Productions' Ghosthunters. On Halloween 2006, Discovery Channel aired a documentary made by "New Dominion Films" called A Haunting in Ireland, which is a reconstruction of Ireland's famous "Galway Ghost" case.

Sandra's work is known in the United States where she is spiritual advisor to numerous A-list celebrities. She helps the Irish police investigate satanic cases and missing persons, and helped the FBI in missing persons cases in the United States. Sandra also performs spiritual (non-denomenational) wedding, handfasting, and commitment ceremonies.

Sandra has written a psychic/holistic advice column for 9 years in the "The Sunday Mirror" (who call her "Ireland's Psychic Queen"), is a spiritual archpriestess, holistic consultant, author, features writer, broadcaster, and trainer of psychics and healers.

Article HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Damn, i'd love to ask her a few questions, how come she is banned?

Well thats one for the mods but she did discuss the case before on here. The user name is Mysteria so I'm sure you can go back through her old posts. Sure ask questions here about the case and some of us may be able to answer them.

• Advertisement

THis kind of thing seems to be very very common with children. I think the ultimate investigation's would be in a family home. I would love to do one.

Would love to hear the background of the family though. The ages of the other children, the geometry of the house.

I've done a few homes and some on here knows its the area I'm most interested in.

yeah i think its the best, would love to do one. Thats were i had my first experience when i was a kid. Would love to re live it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Noraider

Hi there I just watched the story on The Discovery Channel. I have never heard the story till I watched it. There was somethings that didn't make sense to me. Such as how could a little baby ghost be able to do the things that were done. Well then again I don't find it hard to believe it could. I grew up in Seattle, WA an I have lived in a haunted home. I guess it is just different from living in a home that is haunted to watching a story on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So people actually believe this bull :rolleyes:? Sorry but ghosts don't exist IMO. Nobody has ever proved they exist and when investigators film their ghost hunts there is never anything concrete to prove. If ghosts existed everyone would see them and would be easy proved.

Regarding this case, isn't it strange it's mostly council houses? People create these stories when all else fails for them to get moved to another house if they are not happy with the house or area they currently reside ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Micky 32 wrote: »

Regarding this case, isn't it strange it's mostly council houses? People create these stories when all else fails for them to get moved to another house if they are not happy with the house or area they currently reside ;)

got it in one......."can we have a new house please our current one is haunted" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Noraider

I believe in ghosts and i also believe that the reason everyone doesn't see them is due to the fact that they are not open minded like others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ThaKebab

So people actually believe this bull :rolleyes:? Sorry but ghosts don't exist IMO. Nobody has ever proved they exist and when investigators film their ghost hunts there is never anything concrete to prove. If ghosts existed everyone would see them and would be easy proved.

Do you belive all bull that comes out of your mouth? sorry but you are a naive ignorant infidel.
    Never proved they exist? okey? I do backround checks on a couple of stories that they shown and most of them match up with the evidence i find. Even that, I have a picture of my dead grandfathers tombstone on a fine sunny day and the picture was taken with a mobile camera. And on the picture i saw a floating face next to the tombstone, and that face was similar to my grandfather.
    I have been in many places that is haunted, this is my 3ird appartment that is haunted but not so much activity in this 1. My apperment before this was really crazy, all people that visited me heard noices and like a chain dragging around in my bathroom and hitting sounds in the kitchen. I said to people my home is haunted before they visited they said sure sure like whatever, but when the night camed they said otherwise.
    Even my ex-girlfriend woke up nearly everynight and woke me and said the ghosts are making sounds again, i just said shysh shysh just dont bother just pretend nothing happends. I was over all that sound i could live with that. But she had to use earplugs when she sleeped over at my appartment after that.
    Okey to more psyical evidence, one day when i did the dishes i had a glas standing on my table right to me. I watched it for no other reason, and just right then it cracked in the middle right in front of me. I was uhm okeeeey i was pretty amazed. In a another instance when i was doing my dishes i looked to the right again just out the window and the rest of my kitchen, and just then one of my big paintings that was hanging in the kitchen with really robust painting nails just was forced down to the floor with such a force that it even hit my wall outlet so it became totally destroyed with cables everywhere. I know when when paintings usally fall down from the wall, but that was much much more different experience.
    Another time i even found fresh blood in my bathroom on the bathtub and it was only 1 drop. And i was the only in my appartment i dident have any brus or anything i havent even been there that day. I can rabble up so many experince i have encounter but i would become like a whole book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

ThaKebab wrote: »
    Do you belive all bull that comes out of your mouth? sorry but you are a naive ignorant infidel.
    Never proved they exist? okey? I do backround checks on a couple of stories that they shown and most of them match up with the evidence i find. Even that, I have a picture of my dead grandfathers tombstone on a fine sunny day and the picture was taken with a mobile camera. And on the picture i saw a floating face next to the tombstone, and that face was similar to my grandfather.
    I have been in many places that is haunted, this is my 3ird appartment that is haunted but not so much activity in this 1. My apperment before this was really crazy, all people that visited me heard noices and like a chain dragging around in my bathroom and hitting sounds in the kitchen. I said to people my home is haunted before they visited they said sure sure like whatever, but when the night camed they said otherwise.
    Even my ex-girlfriend woke up nearly everynight and woke me and said the ghosts are making sounds again, i just said shysh shysh just dont bother just pretend nothing happends. I was over all that sound i could live with that. But she had to use earplugs when she sleeped over at my appartment after that.
    Okey to more psyical evidence, one day when i did the dishes i had a glas standing on my table right to me. I watched it for no other reason, and just right then it cracked in the middle right in front of me. I was uhm okeeeey i was pretty amazed. In a another instance when i was doing my dishes i looked to the right again just out the window and the rest of my kitchen, and just then one of my big paintings that was hanging in the kitchen with really robust painting nails just was forced down to the floor with such a force that it even hit my wall outlet so it became totally destroyed with cables everywhere. I know when when paintings usally fall down from the wall, but that was much much more different experience.
    Another time i even found fresh blood in my bathroom on the bathtub and it was only 1 drop. And i was the only in my appartment i dident have any brus or anything i havent even been there that day. I can rabble up so many experince i have encounter but i would become like a whole book.

Guys, this thread \ forum is not about having the I don't believe \ I believe argument in every thread. If you don't believe fine, if you do fine, but unless you have something specific to add in relation to the topic at hand then say nothing, otherwise every discussion will be derailed, also there is no need to use language designed to wind other people up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I've seen 'A Haunting in Ireland' on Discovery Channel. The production was very sloppy with the most atrocious accents. The number plates on the cars were English and the architecture of the house was not really what you would find in Ireland.

So whats the story with this 'Mysteria' woman? Sounds like she has done a lot. It's funny that the above wiki entry mentions how she helps the guards and doesn't tell how successfully she did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Wow the Gardai must be desperate to hire a medium or whatever you call them. To be honest they should be all banned IMO. The biggest con of all time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

This is news to me? what happened at the fahey home? was this years ago?, there seems to be very little information about hunting's in galway on the net, I've tryd a number of times,but with no joy, woodlawn manor was the only subject that showed up.

Only haunting listed on Paranormal.ie is this one:
    Renvyle House hotel
    Yeats treated this building as home away from home, and is believed to still reside here. Several of the rooms are also haunted by the ghosts of children.

http://www.paranormal.ie/locations.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

I've seen 'A Haunting in Ireland' on Discovery Channel. The production was very sloppy with the most atrocious accents. The number plates on the cars were English and the architecture of the house was not really what you would find in Ireland.

So whats the story with this 'Mysteria' woman? Sounds like she has done a lot. It's funny that the above wiki entry mentions how she helps the guards and doesn't tell how successfully she did this.

I'm just after watching the episode there, and yeah for ages I was saying to myself that this couldn't be Ireland, the house didnt look like anything you'd see Here, but the cars, one had a Dublin license plate and the other had a Galway plate, at first it looked like the driver was on the opposite side similar to the states, so I was thinking it was filmed there, Terrible accents though indeed lol

Story was a little lame, ive seen other episodes of this show and some are quite decent, this one, I've never heard of the case before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

interestin stuff seen it tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Scary stuff, I used to hear a baby crying and screaming too. Went on a long time, very distressing. You're right about the accents, haha they're awful! :P

Actually I'm glad this thread was bumped, I've never seen it before but it makes me feel better coz my curtains were scratched and shaken when the crying happened on one particularly bad night too. I guess this stuff isn't that uncommon really?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

Has anyone read the book about it or have any more info? is there just their word and the psychics, who was the priest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 T0dd

This pile of crap was on again tonight. I have never heard of this story before. The dreadful re-enactment with the atrocious 'oirish' accents was pitiful. The exterior shots were obviously the US or Canada. Sandra Ramdhanie has been knocking around for ages latching on to whatever the latest paranormal fad might be and re-invents herself every so often.. If my memory serves me right I think she was the resident astrologer for the sunday world for a while. Her sister Karla was married to Joe Eliot of Def Leopard fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 woody1024

my thoughts exactly! but im going to try and prove that they dont.

dougs09 wrote: »
    I'm just after watching the episode there, and yeah for ages I was saying to myself that this couldn't be Ireland, the house didnt look like anything you'd see Here, but the cars, one had a Dublin license plate and the other had a Galway plate, at first it looked like the driver was on the opposite side similar to the states, so I was thinking it was filmed there, Terrible accents though indeed lol

Story was a little lame, ive seen other episodes of this show and some are quite decent, this one, I've never heard of the case before

the production was ****e but i can tell you the number plates were not English and were Irish

number plates of car not English

woody1024 wrote: »
    the production was ****e but i can tell you the number plates were not English and were Irish

to be honest its all a load of bull and i have noticed that its never filmed in the place its meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

most old galway people have all heard this story, most believe it to be true, it was in the local rags on numerous occasions

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ON HOW TO USE THIS SITE COS IM NOT VERY INTERNET LITERATE, THANKS

• Advertisement

erm sorry but i think ive put the wrong comments in the wrong place

Advertisement