Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA G36 Hopup

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

Basic story, the hopup is shagged. It's toast. It's missing parts and I'm fairly sure there's a body fracture on it.
    After 6 months of trying to order out of stock ones, I finally got it but now that I have it I haven't a notion the sequence it installs in. The exploded diagram tells me naff all too.

If anyone has a blow-by-blow account on how to do this, or even a video link, you'd become one of my new heroes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

got the pics for ya dex,
    I removed the mag well aswell but i dont think you need to, either way its only one screw on it, you start by removing these two screws in the front of the gun,
    73898941tb0.jpg

when they are out give it a little persuasion and the whole front barrel will come out like this, to remove the inner barrel from this you just push the hopup end into the barell and turn it, theres little notches that hold it in and when you turn it the notches line up with the little gaps and allow the inner barrel to spring out of the inner barrel.,
    12913423gg7.jpg

once its out it'll look like this and you can remove the spring from it,
    86648763kd4.jpg

then you need to pop ouf this little clip that holds the barrel onto the hopup mech,.
    41542943ji0.jpg

then the adjusting wheel will come off,
    44449679vr1.jpg

once the wheel is removed then you'll see these., this little hopup bucking is a cylinder shape and goes in this little hole where the second arrow is,. theres another piece that goes ontop of this once its fitted,
    54406389yh3.jpg
    this is the plastic piece that goes ontop of the little rubber,
    64046309wg5.jpg

to remove the inner barrel from the hop up you need to get this spacer out of the way., the best way to do it is to spray some silicone oil on it and just pull the inner barrel out slowly leaving the hopup rubber behind, once its out you can just pry this space out.,
    75900970ck0.jpg

this pic shows all the components of the hopup,
    10qo0.jpg

this is the barrel when its fully removed with the hop up rubber on it., before you refit this rubber look inside it for the little ridge that aligns with the corisponding one on the barrel itself.,
    11da5.jpg

then assemby is the reverse of dissasembly, :)
    i have more pics so if ya get stuck so gimmie a shout.,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i cleaned my inner barrel while i had it all taken apart, this is only about 2months worth of dirt and its never been face first in mud or anything.,:eek:
    golden rule, clean it more regularly.,;)
    p1040363rb0.jpg

Advertisement