Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harbour police

Options
  • 13-02-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anybody any info on the harbour police,recruitment etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

lol, what Harbour Police... what are you on about?

Customs & Excise would fit the 'Harbour Police' bill the closest I suppose. They generally have staff which works alongside Harbour Administration.

In the 6 Fishery Harbour Centres; some of the HM's have constables and general staff. The staff here would be civil servants/contract staff hired through the Harbours Division of Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Food - you mightnt find too much info on their function yet though as they have only recently transferred across from the now defunct Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.

Not sure how the privately operated ports such a Dublin Port Co, Waterford Port, Drogheda Port etc operate but its essentially private and if they're hiring staff they'll advertise them.

Then of course there is the Coastguard who operate out of Leeson Lane but have offices at various ports like Howth, Castletownbere etc. They more than likely also hire through publicjobs.ie - which is worth signing up to as you can get notified by email when a job is advertised.

If you have any more specific questions ask away as I may be able to help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tails142 wrote: »

Customs & Excise would fit the 'Harbour Police' bill the closest I suppose. They generally have staff which works alongside Harbour Administration.

I think there are specific branches actually - for example in Dun Laoghaire. I think it would be equivalent to the Airport police.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Tails142 wrote: »

Spoken like someone in the know :rolleyes:

I would recommend talking to either 'Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company' or 'Dublin Port Company' (assuming it's Dublin you mean) as both have quite a big Police force. Suggest ringing as emails are often not replied to. Google will get you the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 soldierblue

Dyflin wrote: »
    Spoken like someone in the know :rolleyes:

I would recommend talking to either 'Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company' or 'Dublin Port Company' (assuming it's Dublin you mean) as both have quite a big Police force. Suggest ringing as emails are often not replied to. Google will get you the details.
    Its was Dublin(Harbour Police) I was asking about, thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

What are the ranks of the harbour police?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi, please don't bump old threads - start a new one if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement