Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Second Shot.. How to use it

Options
  • 04-02-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Right, some of you may or may not have heard of the Second shot offer from Microsoft. Its exam insurance, in that if you fail you can retake the exam for free. And its a free offer...

Its valid for the MCITP, MCPD, MCTS and Microsoft Dynamics exams. Its valid up till the 30th June 2008

So here is how to use it

Step 1: Before booking your exam, register for Second Shot and receive your exam voucher number.

Step 2: Using the voucher number, schedule and pay for your initial
    exam via Prometric's web site, call center or test center locations. (To
    qualify, you must have the voucher number prior to registering with
    Prometric.)

Step 3: Take your exam.

Step 4: If you do not pass on your first attempt, register for your free
    retake exam via Prometric's web site, call center or test center locations
    using the SAME voucher number.

NOTE: To allow for test results to be entered into the system, please wait
    one day after the failed exam to register for your Second Shot retake.

For more information, or to register, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

Its as easy as that. You can apply for as many second shots as you need. So you can use them for each exam you want to take. You need a different voucher number for each exam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tis a pity Oracle don't do the same.

I failed the feckin' thing by 4%. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The time for getting these second shot vouchers has passed so if you have them still you only have to the end of the month to use them..

If you havent taken an exam that you have registered for second shot with you will have to do it quick and the repeat quicker!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

7 days left to use these vouchers, so if you have one and have yet to make your appointment get on the phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Bet ya it'll be extended.... better be!

Its already been extended for a year .. so maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jokkon

does this happen every year? every once in a while? or is it a "just once and never happen again" kinda thing? I think I will need it when I tackle the 70-290 exam at the end of august =(

[STOVE=jokkon;56590111]does this happen every year? every once in a while? or is it a "just once and never happen again" kinda thing? I think I will need it when I tackle the 70-290 exam at the end of august =([/QUOTE]

Second shot was an offer that was originally just ran as a 3 month promo back in 2007 which they extended quite a bit. There is exam insurance which costs extra but you get the retry free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Exam insurance, please elaborate.

My mistake, exam insurance was the name of the product before it became second shot and free.

• Advertisement

iRock wrote: »
    Bet ya it'll be extended.... better be!

You win that bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Awesome, thats great news!! Didnt have to use it yet but tis a nice safety net.

Its actually what started me off 6 months ago, reading about it here....cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Seems to be ongoing alright - signed up this morning, but no confirmation email - need to book and sit exam asap.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the voucher code email?

You can get it by clicking the apply button and it comes up on screen once you have signed in...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Ginger wrote: »
    You can get it by clicking the apply button and it comes up on screen once you have signed in...
    Yip, got it this time, not sure what happened last time, that windo didn't come up, even though I was signed in...

thanks - let's just hope I don't need it this time round

Advertisement