Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your *NON* BMW/s here

Options
  • 23-01-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Ok, just to prove galwaytt wrong, ie that this is not a BMW forum, post pics of your car(s), past or present, to this thread. If it ends up shorter than the "post a pic of your BMW/s thread".. well then galwaytt is right and I've been bloody well posting to a BMW fecking forum all along..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Oh no, you must be right! There doesn't seem to be a single poster on boards.ie that does not own a BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BMW's posted here shall be reported, and 6mth ban attached.

:p

Gone, but not forgotten........

my911.jpg

and all because of these guys.......see, tobacco co's aren't all bad :eek:

rothmans_1.JPG

not called a tea tray spoiler for nothing.........

teatray1.jpg

Current car, not gone - but hey, see my sig ! :D

968_4.JPG

One of these is a classic. Neither are made in germany, actually......

ttmx5.jpg

ok, just for Unkel - my old BMW...:rolleyes:

Mvc-044s.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

galwaytt wrote: »
    BMW's posted here shall be reported, and 6mth ban attached.

<snip>

ok, just for Unkel - my old BMW...:rolleyes:

Mvc-044s.jpg

Some lovely motors there. Does the bike mean that I'm to give you a "6mth ban"?

technically it's only half a BeeEmm. 2 cyls & 2 wheels. Don't want Junkyard suffering withdrawal symptoms.............:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You're allright there, because technically the "B" in BMW motorcycles stands for "Berlin" (where they are built ...unless it's a single cylinder 650 ...then it's built in Italy) and not for "Bavaria" ...so it's different altogether :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That first Porsche is beautiful. There is a similar grey one I've seen around, from about 1991. And there's a green mid 80s one. I've never spotted the white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My baby (people sell there babies right?):D. In an effort to try to do what I've been promising with the last 5 cars and actually keep this one, I'm trying to sort a 2 wheeler.

Just got the BBSs fitted with some nice Firestones. The bare wheels had been taunting me in the garage for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Thanks galwaytt for restoring my faith in boards.. Now just ask a mod to change the thread title to reflect what it is!

1991 Integra XSI. I bought it from a friend after it had been broken into (and he was too lazy to get it fixed) as he was only asking €200. I was gonna fix it up and sell it on straight away.

After 20 mins of driving it I decided it was staying and the nice Civic Coupe (which wasn't a patch on it) was going. To this day this is still the best driver's car I have ever driven, and no car I've ever been in had as much character.

I ended up keeping it for 2.5 years, and sold it on at a huge profit!

main2.jpg

316Ci. Like your typical BMW I expect.. all show and no go:
    Pb140264.jpg

There have been several others, but none that I have pics of or are worth posting about.

Tho I nearly bought this actual car a couple of weeks ago:
    752722_20070724100753_1.jpg
    Claimed 400bhp. Was able to spin the wheels in every gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

JHMEG wrote: »
    752722_20070724100753_1.jpg
    Claimed 400bhp. Was able to spin the wheels in every gear.

Even when it was towing that caravan? ;)

Forgot the current car!

EngineBay.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks galwaytt for restoring my faith in boards.. Now just ask a mod to change the thread title to reflect what it is!

Hey, I would ask, but you know what You Know Who is like........so......sensitive ??? :p:p:p

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Forgot the current car!

EngineBay.jpg

Ek4 by the looks of thingsis it JHMEG? Im in work now, ill dig some old shots up of my old crx, mx5, integra and current skyline when im home later on if I get a chance!

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Ek4 by the looks of thingsis it JHMEG?
    Spot on!
    cpoh1 wrote: »
    Im in work now, ill dig some old shots up of my old crx, mx5, integra and current skyline when im home later on if I get a chance!
    Look forward to it:D.. (tho the mx5 never did anything for me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

lightening wrote: »
    Even when it was towing that caravan? ;)

Because it was towing that caravan! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

@ JHMEG - that's the cleanest Integra of that vintage I've seen! Looks very well. Usually they're an un-loved example in that kind of wine colour.
    Is it a DC5 you have now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Biro wrote:
    Is it a DC5 you have now?

nah DC5s have a K series engine in them, that one is a B series, im pretty sure its in an EK civic,
    have to say JHMEG, id give my right arm for that XSi, i love all the old honda's and that one is mint.,

this is my ep civic, have a few photos of the EG and EF special edition somewhere too so ill add them later.,
    2172594997_505fdc10eb.jpg

1659288283_4dbe4e41da.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

The First.... A 1996 Rover 214Si
    Rover.jpg

The Second.... A 2001 Opel Astra 1.4
    Astra1.jpg

The Third.... A 2005 Opel Astra GTC 1.6
    Astra2.jpg

The Current.... A 2006 Opel Astra OPC 2.0 Turbo
    Astra3.jpg

Waiting for the fifth.... A 2008 Opel Astra OPC 2.0 Turbo (Publicity Photo)
    Astra4.jpg

Am I stuck in an Opel trend???

think the rover has the same wheels as my civic there.,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

LarWright wrote: »

You are, now get out before its too late:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

let me be the first to drag the level of this thread down, right down ...:D

frontlargelw3.th.jpg

• Advertisement

LarWright wrote: »

Stuck? Sure! But they don't call that a trend:D:D:D

I'm only yanking your chain. Are you getting that blue??

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

my s rs turbo :
    2zfitkh.jpg

and my s14a:
    20zv32o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

My corsa
    img1882tp7.jpg

monster1 wrote: »
    and my s14a:
    20zv32o.jpg

Is that not the earlier S14?

nope:
    2moauky.jpg

monster1 wrote: »
    nope

What year is it? Plate looks like '95.

I like the S14 though id loose the spoiler from it, its at a very steep angle too, it must make an awful wind noise does it?

not too gne on the spoiler myself but couldn't be bothered taking it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

let me be the first to drag the level of this thread down, right down ...

I'll be the second! :D

My Micra:

scan0010sn2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I'll be the second! :D

My Micra:

Advertisement