Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Team Shoot

Options
  • 21-01-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

We're hoping to organise a team shoot for the start of April in DkIT . It will be a handicap shoot to give everyone a fair chance. We have space for 20 teams of 3 people. We are offering places to anyone who wants to shoot, it does not matter if you are no longer a student or not currently an IAAA member.

The format will be as follows:

There will be 4 sections with 5 teams. Each team in section A will shoot against every other team in section A. Each match will consists of 3 rounds of 12 arrows so that each member of the first team shoots 12 arrows against each member of the second team.

Each group will accumulate points depending on whether they win draw or lose their match. 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loose. The max a team can get is 18 points.
    The two teams with the highest scores from each section will then compete against each other in knockouts. The groups will be picked randomly. The matches will still be 3 rounds of 12 arrows.

The handicap will be based on the last three scores you shot in any IAAA shoot or college intervarsity. When submitting a team you need to submit 3 scores for 60 arrows at 18m for each team member. Also mention what sized face you shot. To keep things fair we'll have 60cm, 40 cm and 3 spots for people. If you are still a beginner or shoot barebow in the colleges league you will be able to shoot on 60's in the team event. Handicaps will be adapted for people who have shot a mix of 60cm and 40cm faces over their last three competitions.

We'll post up an email address soon for entires.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

The details for the team shoot will soon be available on www.lollipoparchery.com but we're having some server problems at the minute so you can view them on www.floatyspace.com for the time being. We're dropping the 60cm target faces but there will still be the option of 40's or 3 spots. Anyone who normally shoots 60's will have their handicap adjusted to reflect that

Team details can be mailed to archeryopen@gmail.com. We need to get your latest 3 scores shot in an Intervarsity or 3 scores shot in the Intervarsity league or an IAAA shoot at 18m over 60 arrows by the 7th of April.

The fee per team will be 15 Euro and in keeping with the theme there will be lots of lollipops available for everyone to help themselves to.

Hope to see you there
    Dot and Ciara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Im in!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

What if one of your archerys has never shot in competition before?

Well there is two and a half months left so they can shoot in some of the compteitions before then. Most of the intervaristies let guests shoot when there is space and there are some IAAA shoots.

We tried to give as much notice as possible so that anyone who wants to shoot has time to get some scores

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Yuppie

thought you said there'd be cake:confused:

• Advertisement

We're going to have it as one of the prizes hopefully. Don't ruin the surprise :p

I like cake!

Hey we have a few spaces left if people are still interested and some teams with spaces for people without a team.

See www.lollipopshoot.com

The handicap calculations are now up on www.lollipopshoot.com for you to check.

We calculated them using a weighted average. If you want details about how this works then you can email us and we'll send them on.

The 60cm to 40cm conversion was done according to the GNAS (British Archery Body) conversion tables. We'll have a copy on the day for you to check as well.

If you have any problems with the handicaps or think there is a mistake then please let us know and we'll fix it.

See you on Saturday

Hey, We're really in need of one more person to shoot. If you can think of anyone that might want to shoot please let us know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

you could ask keith cummins of dcu?

He's already been snatched by a Galway team

Hey everyone,
    Just want to say a very big thanks to all who organised a great shoot! Even if there was some confusion at the start, in the end it all worked out, and there was a cake! (happy b-day to brian aswell by the way)

I think the biggest thanks should go to the two pretty ladys who came up with the whole idea, Dot and Ciera!:)

Nice work ladys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Private Ryan

Great shoot, well done Dot and Ciara
    I cann't wait till my next suger rush shoot.
    A gummy bear shoot would go down well i think

Thanks to everyone that turned up. I know that the handicap system didn't work as well as we hoped and we ended up with having an uneven amount of teams so the groups also didn't work out so well but it was a learning experience for everyone involved so hopefully you had some fun and if we ever do it again hopefully it will work out better

• Registered Users Posts: 7 golden_siren

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for coming. I had loads of fun organising and no stress at all. Ok maybe a little but it really was lots of fun.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Results are now up on the IAAA page under competition results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 swoo

Hi ruiner................:)

just a quick change for the IAAA site and the results for the Lolipop shoot I believe it was "Any which way but Loose" who came second on the day ..................................:eek:

Ooops it was michelle barry and tara I know but I mixed up teams. Thanks.

Advertisement