Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker Student Masters 2008

Options
  • 11-01-2008 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

DCU PokerSoc is proud to present the BoylePoker Student Masters 2008 which will take place in the Hub in DCU on March 5th with the final table the following day.
    A €50 freezeout with €0 registration fee, $2000 online freeroll and dealers at all tables means this is the best value tournament you'll play in all year.
    We hope to see you there!

Details:
    1. Who is running the event (organization, society etc.) DCU PokerSoc and BoylePoker
    2. The purpose of the event: Intervarsity
    3. Date and Location of event: Wednesday March 5th and Thursday March 6th. The Hub, DCU, Glasnevin, Dublin 9.
    4. Registration and Start time of event: Wednesday Reg: 2pm Start 3pm. Thursday Start 2pm.
    5. Any prerequisites: Must be a registered Student in a third level institution. (Over 18 obviously)
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number: 200 tickets: Pre-Register (see below) or Pay on the Day if tickets remaining.
    7. Type of Tournament: No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Freezeout.
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €50 Freezeout.
    9. Cost of registration: €0
    10. % of entry fee going into Prize fund: 100%
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool: No
    13. Starting Chips: 5,000
    15. Blind levels:

Day 1

2:00 to 3:00 Registration
    3:00 to 3:30 25/50
    3:30 to 4:00 50/100
    4:00 to 4:30 75/150
    4:30 to 4:45 Break, Chip Race 25’s
    4:45 to 5:15 100/200
    5:15 to 5:45 150/300
    5:45 to 6:15 200/400
    6:15 to 7:15 300/600
    7:15 to 7:45 Dinner Break
    7:45 to 8:15 400/800
    8:15 to 8:45 600/1200
    8:45 to 9:00 800/1500
    9:00 to 9:30 Break, Chip Race 100’s
    9:30 to 10:00 1000/2000
    10:00 to 10:30 1500/3000
    10:30 to 11:00 2000/4000
    Finish Chip Race 500’s

Day 2

2:00 to 2:30 3000/6000
    2:30 to 3:00 4000/8000
    3:00 to 3:30 5000/10000
    3:30 to 4:00 6000/12000
    4:00 to 4:30 8000/15000
    4:30 to 5:00 Break, Chip Race 1000’s
    5:00 to 5:30 10000/20000
    5:30 to 6:00 15000/30000
    6:00 to 7:00 20000/40000
    Finish

(may be subject to change)
    16. Blind timeframes: 30 Minute Levels
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash: 10% of the field, at the discretion of T.D. Prizes on the day from our sponsors- BoylePoker.
    18. Are there going to be dealers and their level of skill: Trained dealers at all tables.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Available upon request.
    20. Is there a tournament director: Yes.
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say: T.D. has final say on all matters.

I've attached the press release that was sent round to all colleges today but I'll copy paste the important bits anyway.
    Registration Details

To Pre-Register: please fill in the required information (see below) and:

1) Drop into any Boyle Sports branch nationwide and pay the tournament entry fee.

• Just quote the username DCUMasters2008 and fill out the tournament registration form.
    http://www.boylesports.com/info/d.asp?show=ShopList

Or

2) Lodge the entry fee to our account in any A.I.B. branch.
    To avail of this method please E-mail your details to committee@dcupokersoc.com and we will contact you regarding account information.

Registration on the day: In the event that 200 players have not pre-registered, you may register for the tournament on the day at 2pm.

The tournament will also feature a team event with free entry to crown the team poker masters. Teams will consist of five players who must all be in the same college. Teams can be registered up until the day of the event.
    Further details will be announced shortly.

Required Information

Last Name:
    First Name:

Date of Birth:

College/University:
    Student Number:

Telephone:
    Email:
    BoylePoker Alias: (if applicable)

*$2000 Online Freeroll for players who Pre-Register before March 1st
    (*Terms and Conditions apply - $1000 freeroll for 100+ registrations, $2000 for 200+ tournament registrations. Freeroll is open to all pre-registered tournament players who open or hold a Boylepoker account before 01/03/2008)

(Please ensure you have created a Boylepoker Account/Alias to avail of the many main event spot prizes. When creating a poker account please use Promo Code: DCU Masters. Existing account holders are also eligible for spot prizes)

All players will have all day access to DCU’s NuBar & Restaurant and the Champions League will be shown on the big screen.

There will be Self-Deal Sit and Go’s running from 4pm for those interested who have been knocked out of the tournament.

Following close of play at 11pm on Wednesday 5th, players are invited to come along to a top city centre venue for an after event party to remember.

If you require any further details or clarification on anything you can respond either in this thread or e-mail us directly at bsm@dcupokersoc.com
    We are in the middle of exams next week but someone will respond asap.
    Hope to see you all on the 5th!

Ray Fitzpatrick

Paraic Rogan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Sounds good. Will there be cash as well as SNGs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

How do you plan to get trained dealers on all tables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Another question! How many runners/teams are expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

cooker3 wrote: »

well ur unemployed and can deal - so thats one dealer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rayfitz

TommyGunne: For the S&G's we will be providing cards, chips & tables so its entirely up to whoever is taking part on format, buy-in etc etc. We have resources for 200 runners so hopefully we will get that amount pre-registered in the coming weeks :). Hope to have as many teams as possible from different colleges nationwide so I'd imagine there could be around 25-30 teams.

Cooker3: We plan on recruiting any suitable dealers from within DCU and externally and BoylePoker will assist us in this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

cooker3 wrote: »

you sound like you're a college student anyway!

i imagine they will be asked to deal, and then paid for their services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Any excuse for a trip up to the big smoke!!!:D

ramanujan wrote: »
    i imagine they will be asked to deal, and then paid for their services.

Quite right, it's pretty simple really! :D:D

For anyone who's interested here's a link to the Masters in '06.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

dcu team anyone

• Advertisement

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    dcu team anyone

Stick me down.

Also, I likely not deal it unless whoever is dealing is really slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭imalegend

dcu team anyone

yea id be up for being on a DCU team!a winning one of course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

imalegend wrote: »
    a winning one of course!!

that rules out cooker:D

Paraic "the bandit" can organise it. i was just saying stick me down

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

http://www.boylesports.com/info/d.asp?show=ShopList where is the registration form on the link page?

pilot1087 wrote: »
    http://www.boylesports.com/info/d.asp?show=ShopList where is the registration form on the link page?

I think the link just tells you where you'll find your nearest BoyleSports branch. Once you are in the shop say DCUMasters2008 to the teller, fill out the form, pay your 50 euro and Bob's your Uncle. I'll get Ray to clarify this asap as he's the one who has been communicating with them. Ok?

Paraic "the bandit" can organise it. i was just saying stick me down

lol :D
    Details for the team event are still being ironed out at the minute but it looks like it'll be 5 members to a team with no limit to the number of teams per college. Basically any 5 players from the one college can form a team. So if you wanna organise one go right ahead!

I expect an official announcement on the Team Event sometime next week so stay tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

yeh thats great..thanks

I'll probably register tomorrow.. are you expecting the places to fill quickly? I'm in Dcu and was just chattin to a couple of mates from DIT and they reckon they won't be able to register till the end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Looks deadly lads! Finally a tournament where I will unmask the true professional stirring beneath!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If any college has a clubs and societies office (or whatever their comparable entity is) like ours, then chances are that press release will never reach who it should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RexHamilton

Hey, I'm just finished college in NUI, Galway, and am going back to college in Marino at the end of this month. I want to register for the tournament and will be a student at the time of the event, but don't have my student number and stuff from my new college. Can i register with my old NUI, Galway student number? I don't want to wait to register in case it's full by the time i get my new number.

Hey, I'm just finished college in NUI, Galway, and am going back to college in Marino at the end of this month. I want to register for the tournament and will be a student at the time of the event, but don't have my student number and stuff from my new college. Can i register with my old NUI, Galway student number? I don't want to wait to register in case it's full by the time i get my new number.

Of course you can still register. The old number will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

why do u have to be 18+?

why do u have to be 18+?

It's part of our contract with the college. They've no problem funding us as long as we're not encouraging underage gambling. I'm sure there's a law about it too? No doubt someone will clarify.

nits. i don't think there's a law about it, may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

There aint a law, because they way Texas Hold Em' is played these days it is not clasified as gambling! And all you people are meant to be poker Gurus......tut tut

why do u have to be 18+?

i'm sure they'll let you in

Don't ask don't tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rayfitz

If any college has a clubs and societies office (or whatever their comparable entity is) like ours, then chances are that press release will never reach who it should.

That is a problem for us alrite. I could only track down 8 official poker societies and have mailed them directly but for colleges without a poker society, we had to send the release their general email address.
    Hopefully with all the details here and on our site, people who should know about this will, fingers crossed.

And just to clarify, you can register in any Boylesports branch nationwide by filling out your info and paying the entry fee but not online on their site.

• Advertisement

i'm sure they'll let you in

nah, i'm not a bloody student.

Advertisement