Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable gaming laptop!

Options
  • 03-01-2008 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

With my desktop almost out the door its finally time to buy another laptop!
    My requirements are simple, it must play Counter Strike source at a decent fps.
    I won't be playing any new games, the only other uses will be internet, word and some java programming.

At the moment my budget stands at between 700 and 800 euro.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for something that might fall into my price bracket?

Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

couple of dell xps m1710's are on adverts for around the 900 - 1,000 mark.

if you could stretch to that then your set.

mine plays everything i can throw at it. no hassle as of yet. apart from the likes of crysis on max settings etc.

but counterstrike gets amazing performance.
    just make sure the laptop has the 7950 gtx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Not really a big fan of those M1710's, they are huge and weigh a ton. Im looking at the vostro 15" but it may stretch my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

BASE Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB) edit 
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit 
    HARDWARE SUPPORT  1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return edit 
    COLOUR CHOICE Jet Black Colour with Matte Finish & 2.0mp camera edit 
    LCD 17.0" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™ edit 
    MEMORY 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024] edit 
    HARD DRIVE 250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive edit 
    GRAPHICS CARD nVidia® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB DDR2 dedicated graphic memory edit 
    OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software edit 
    PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (56 WHr) edit 
    Accessories 

€766.99 when you use the €100 off voucher

www.dell.ie/epp

E Value

305-N0172008

Voucher Code: 343?NMX7LX37D3

Crisis Sqauall :D, that looks really good, would that still be available next week?

Crisis Sqauall :D, that looks really good, would that still be available next week?

Hard to know,voucher expires on the 9th of this month

• Advertisement

That might work, getting some cash on the 7th. Its the best iv seen so far for that price, will probably get it if i dont see anything else.
    Cheers

My pc just sold in one foul swoop so i need to order something within the next 24hrs :D. Squall how do you buy from that employee site? It says in the FAQ that at some stage you need to enter a company name?
    Anyone else have any ideas on something that might suite my criteria. Also what is the story with dells delivery, how long does it take on average?

When you fill in your name it'll ask for your company. Just put in Bank Of Ireland.

Eircom
    HSE
    BoI
    AIB

Work too....

They don't check and deliver to your home address...

Shipping is about a week,the system above isnt in the delay category,there is a 2 week wait on some of the xps range but the inspirion above is fine.....

Its a great deal imo,you want find a better deal in on the net in my valued opinion :p

Lovely, gonna order shortly.
    Thanks for the help.

Advertisement