Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer job for a french student

Options
  • 27-12-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I introduce myself: I'm a french student in a famous french engineering school (École centrale de Nantes: www.ec-nantes.fr ). I'm in first year. This school is very open to the international, and we have to spend time abroad. At the end of this first year (from end of june to end of august), I have to do an "internship in a company". In fact, it's more like a summer job, to see how the companies are working.

That's why I'm looking for a job in Ireland. I choose this country because it's not too far and it's an anglophone country, member of the EU. Moreover, the landscapes are really beautiful.

The type of job I'm looking for is a job where I can practice my english.

But I have some problems:
    - First, I don't really know how and where to look for (I made some researches on the Internet but it's not easy).
    - Second, I don't have a lot of money, so I'm looking for a family that can lodge me (also to speak english as more as possible). In exchange, I can of course pay for the food, look after the children, help them for homework (including french), do some housework,...

So I'm asking for your help, if you indicate me where I can search, or if you have contacts with people who are looking for a worker, or who can lodge me.

Thanks a lot, and sorry if I'm not in the good category but there no category for foreign people.

Quentin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Hi Quentin,

If you have a look at these companies here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990949

irishjobs.ie is probably the biggest

You would need to try an au pair agency for a live-in looking after children position

e.g. http://www.europa-pages.com/au_pair/ireland.html

Good luck with the search!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LydiaDublin

Hi, I've got two rooms to rent over the Summer months (mid May - late Sep). I live there myself ( with my best friend) over the academic year, so I think it's a nice place. There are two bathrooms, washing machine, microwave and dryer.

It would be perfect for English students coming to Dublin for the Summer. Maybe if you could pass this message on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread is 4 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement