Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another insurance question..

Options
  • 23-12-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Howdy lads, just have a quick question. I'm insured tpft under my own policy with quinn-direct on my car, i've a full licence. So i was just wondering am i covered tpft to drive another persons car with their consent? I know this applies to fully comprehensive cover but was curious to know if it applies to tpft aswel. Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ring them to make certain, do NOT rely on what anyone on an internet forum tells you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Check your policy document. Usually though, where it is included, driving other cars gives only 3rd party cover unless otherwise specified.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Ring them to make certain, do NOT rely on what anyone on an internet forum tells you

Sound advice. The extent of, and limitations to, your cover will also be listed on your policy document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

AFAIK, you need to have fully comp wit them to get covered TP on others cars. Check your doc's tho

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Once you have a full license, all policies have third party extension (comp & tpft).

I am 100% certain. It will be in your policy booklet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

does it not have something to do with theyre insurance policy aswell though?

yeh ring them and get them to send out any info in writing insurance companies are tricky bas*ards or so my dad says:rolleyes:
    howiya p-nut

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I have TPFT with Quinn also and am insursed 3rd party on other peoples cars (with their permission of course). Also have a full licence. I would suggest that your policy is probably the same but as others had said check it out first and don't rely 100% on the replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

From Quinn Handbook

"Driving other cars
    If your certificate of insurance says so, we will also cover you, the
    policyholder, for your liability to other people while you are driving
    any other privately owned motor car which you do not own or
    have not hired under a hire-purchase or lease agreement, as long
    as:
    1 the vehicle is not owned by your employer or hired to them
    under a hire-purchase or lease agreement;
    2 you currently hold a full European Union (EU) licence;
    3 the use of the vehicle is covered on the certificate of