Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap condoms

Options
  • 23-12-2007 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Here's a place to get cheap condoms.

www.smartpaddy.ie

Enjoy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Not something i'd want to skimp on. Saw durex 3 packs in ther euro2 shop :rolleyes: . I wouldn't be brave enough to use them. The cons outweight the pros :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Potential future quote: "Damn those cheap condoms!"

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hamiltron

Not something i'd want to skimp on.

That's what the retailers in Ireland are depending on when they are applying their ridiculous markups... That site looks perfectly respectable and you can get all the premium brand product for a third less than in the shops. Now, if they were only selling one type, you might worry that it was a job lot of old stock, but that's not the case here.

I can't see a huge saving myself.

For example Durex 12 Pack 9.99 and 2.50 for delivery. I paid 15 for this in the pharmacy. I'm sure theres savings in there somewhere Don't think its worth the hassle, especially with that batch of counterfeit johnnys a year or 2 ago. Might be handy if your too embarassed to go to the pharmacy and buy some:p

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Boots always have a 3 for 2 offer on 12 packs so thats usually the cheapest way of buying them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hamiltron wrote: »
    That site looks perfectly respectable and you can get all the premium brand product for a third less than in the shops.

i have used them before and no problems ;)

i use these now and havent had any problems either. normally arrive 5 or so days after ordering in normal post. no labels or any marks on the parcel if thats what anyone is worried about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yep, just gonna say Boots 3 for 2 is the best way to get them cheap. This offer is on in Boots a few times a year. They usually have Mates condoms 3 for 2 as well. I like them because they're cheaper and better than Durex; Mates Natural are shaped and comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

36 condoms is a bit much though surely? Unless you're using them with the gf which shouldn't be necessary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There are minimum standards with condoms so dont worry too much! Anyway if you do it standing up she cant get pregnant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

faceman wrote: »
    There are minimum standards with condoms so dont worry too much! Anyway if you do it standing up she cant get pregnant.
    LOL
    no you're only safe if you do it in the bath ;)

suppose, split the difference and have a shower :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

eirebhoy wrote: »
    36 condoms is a bit much though surely? Unless you're using them with the gf which shouldn't be necessary.

I can't even get started on what's wrong with this post..

I can't remember the name, but there's an Ebay shop where I got 24 for €7.50 or suchlike..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

What?

What? do you think is more effective preventing pregnancy, condoms or the pill? I'll give you a clue, it's not the pill.

As for getting cheap condoms...you can get a 100 pack for something like €22 plus the €2.50 for shipping. So that works out around 25c per condom, alot cheaper than the 3 for 2 in boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

For example Durex 12 Pack 9.99 and 2.50 for delivery. I paid 15 for this in the pharmacy. I'm sure theres savings in there somewhere
    #

Depends how often your at it :D

http://smartpaddy.ie/acatalog/vi.html

Vitalis. Pack of 100 condoms. Safety
    Bulk bag of 100 natural latex condoms. Transparent. Lubricated. With reservoir end. Top quality made in Germany. CE marked. Manufactured and tested to standards EN ISO 4074 and EN600:1996. Great value for money!

Price: €23.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Superdrug have a buy one get one free offer on at the mo for all durex products...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

I bought a 100 pack of condoms off smart paddy there some months back. Have been motoring through them with the gf and have had no rips/tears which is more than I can say for durex. I got the billy boy brand.

I went for the scented/flavoured ones thinking it would be a bit of variety, but they're all strawberry flavour so...

works out at like 36cent a condom so its perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I bought a Mates 144 pack from Smartpaddy a few months back! :D

Think they only cost about €45, and they're fine, zero problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Recon wrote: »
    http://smartpaddy.ie/acatalog/vi.html

Vitalis. Pack of 100 condoms. Safety
    Bulk bag of 100 natural latex condoms. Transparent. Lubricated. With reservoir end. Top quality made in Germany. CE marked. Manufactured and tested to standards EN ISO 4074 and EN600:1996. Great value for money!

Price: €23.99

Must admit this seems like a great deal, P&P is just €2.50 as well. I'd love to get some but they're out of stock of extra large. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

from experience cheap condoms usually rip, if your that hard up go to the family planning centre and get some free ones. I've seen loads of people selling on ebay before... they probably prick them with a needle :D

Sparkpea wrote: »
    from experience cheap condoms usually rip, if your that hard up go to the family planning centre and get some free ones. I've seen loads of people selling on ebay before... they probably prick them with a needle :D

The main reason the condoms cost less (I won't say cheap again!) is that you generally buy them in bulk, not that the condoms themselves are cheap quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Recon wrote: »
    What?

What? do you think is more effective preventing pregnancy, condoms or the pill? I'll give you a clue, it's not the pill.
    You'd use a condom every time you have sex with your gf? Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You'd use a condom every time you have sex with your gf? Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.
    yeah you're right better value if you re-use them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Might be handy if your too embarassed to go to the pharmacy and buy some:p

Why would you be embarassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chickalacka

Manufactured and tested to standards EN ISO 4074 and EN600:1996.
    quote from previous post, all i can say is, so was the titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Manufactured and tested to standards EN ISO 4074 and EN600:1996.
    quote from previous post, all i can say is, so was the titanic.

So what you're saying is, even if it breaks, it'll take the se(a)men with it?

Karoma wrote: »
    So what you're saying is, even if it breaks, it'll take the se(a)men with it?

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

meh! no harm getting them from that site if you ask me,at least they take laser cards,and like above,if you are too embarrassed to go to a store this takes the edge off and ensures safety when your having some fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

I just use them twice ,once for the business and then get my friends around to blow up the christmas decorations

Why would you be embarassed?

Personally i wouldn't be embarassed ,but there's people out there that are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭ted1

i can never understand the Irish mentaility. people thinking that the quality is poor just because there cheap. Once they carry the kite mark and the other usal standards there all the same. i got 100 of the comdomi ones have use them all and she's not pregant i can say they are 100% efffective :)

serioulsy Irish people would prefer to pay way over the odds for things, so they thik their getting quality

Advertisement