Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT again.

Options
  • 10-11-2007 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi folks, Can anyone give me an idea how much VRT I can expect to pay on a 1989 BMW 635 csi. Its value when its back in Ireland would be about 9K ? So it should be 30% of that, but thats only my opinion maybe the people in VRT will give it a higher (or lower) value.
    I've been on to the local VRT office here in Waterford four times last week and they just keep saying that the person responsible for quotes isn't at their desk/has just stepped out/ has gone to the moon etc..... and will ring me back:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have you troubled the VRT calculator? It'll possibly give you a random answer.

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Yeah thanks Mike, tried that but it doesn't come up with any results. Too old I suppose.

Heres the one that has me foaming at the mouth. Should be very practical with 3 kids! Although full planning permission has been obtained from the boss.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/search/N-0/advert.action;jsessionid=AB8A1A3DDF18CD7E1664BAC56E6D5F13?R=200745298188366&distance=80&postcode=lu2+9ly&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

I just tried for a 1989 630 with random milage and it gave the following - €2355 based on a valuation of €7853

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't think there's any such car as an 89 BMW 630?

I just tried it again for a 630 and came up with similar results. However as Anan1 says there wasn't a 630 model in 89, just the 635 and maybe the 628.
    I'd say it's a glitch. They probably have a figure for a modern 630 and the system is depreciating it for age. Probably not too far off the mark though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I think the VRT are becoming very selective,particularly with anything interesting,the seem to have a few petrol heads working with them identifying future classics and anything that wont depreciate away to nothing:(
    I was looking at an early ninties BMW 318 convertible a while back it was then three hundred and something euro to register,this amount has increased since.

I just spoke to the owner of this one,

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=803637

And he was quoted €1500.00 for VRT so I suppose it'll be close to that figure.

Hmm.. The guy in Carriage co. (the red one) says he'll pick me up from Birmingham airport and you can fly direct from Waterford (home) to Birmingham.
    ROAD TRIP!

Good luck with that.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah good luck and get some photos for us to drool over !

Good luck with that.

Mike.

MercMad wrote: »
    Yeah good luck and get some photos for us to drool over !

Well, Here she is in the flesh. Home safe and sound.

[IMG][/img]DSC00902.jpg

Flew direct from Waterford to Birmingham yesterday afternoon.
    Did the deal and drove 160 miles to Irish Ferries in Pembroke.
    Back in Rosslare 6:45 this am and home at last, too exhilarated to sleep.

What a car, not a rattle, squeak or thump. Smooth as silk all the way home.
    It really feels planted on the road and if provoked can really fly. Three trucks in a row up in front? Switch into sport mode, drop the boot and whooosh...no more trucks:)

[IMG][/img]DSC00904.jpg

Why are these cars still so cheap to buy??
    This one has a done 104000 K and has a full main dealer service history with 17 stamps in the book plus every piece of documentation that was ever relevant to the car. No rust and the interior looks like that of a two year old car.
    Leather everything, seats, dashboard, door panels and even the head lining. Air con, 10 way adjustable electric memory seats, electric windows (4) and electric sunroof and mirrors. all for less than the price of a 7 year old Fiesta.
    Anyway I guess you can tell I'm in love. The Stag is out to grass.
    By the way, the VRT quote was €940.00 so I'll get that done and some tax on her ASAP, before John Gormless doubles it!

[IMG][/img]DSC00905.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSC00907.jpg

• Advertisement

Ya lucky bastard! It looks lovely and the fact you got back without hearing/smelling anything amiss suggests it a solid example.

Why are E24s cheap? - I think its the suspicion they would cost a tonne to fix and maintain.

You have a problem with storage though, the Stag can't be left out in the winter weather not if its to remain solid(ish) while I'd want a keep my 6 series indoors too :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

sell the plates before you re reg it...if its not too late......Ferrari owners might be interested......

ps looks great...im jealous

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lovely car.

corktina wrote: »
    sell the plates before you re reg it...if its not too late......Ferrari owners might be interested......

Thanks for all the positive comments, I'm always aware that some folk may justifyably find this kind of posting a bit OTT (hey look at me, I'm great) However, It is a classic car forum and it's the sort of stuff I like to see in the postings.

Regarding the number plate, unfortunately it's a non transferable number and that fact is recorded on the V5c. The seller tells me the plate "F 50 AFY" can be made to look like the name Sofie and if it was transferable, would be worth more than the car!

Post away! I want to see more pix :)

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Post away! I want to see more pix :)

Mike.

Mike, as you are the un-official major domo of the CC forum and probably motors, infrastructure, weird music and countless others, I'll take that as permission granted:D
    A bit dark now, not to mention the hurricane conditions outside, to take any more photos, although I have been looking out the window every few minutes, to make sure it hasn't been nicked or blown away.
    I'll take a few pics of it beside the Stag tomorrow, (if I can persuade it,(Stag) to stop sulking and come out of the garage) for comparison of the old and the older;)
    P.S. previous invite still stands. "Brings two crash helmets"

Heh, I will take you up on the offer, its really just a question of the weather, no point if the conditions are not appropritae for a 100 mph er kph spin out the Dunmore/Tramore/Cork road!

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Heh, I will take you up on the offer, its really just a question of the weather, no point if the conditions are not appropritae for a 100 mph er kph spin out the Dunmore/Tramore/Cork road!

Mike.

PM sent

put the Stag out for the dustmen and get that beauty in the garage....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Seriously nice car well doine indeed & enjoy !

The fact that you found a rust free example that drives well is terrific !

Advertisement