Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good haircut.

Options
  • 14-10-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a good haircut, not some short back and sides. I want to get my hair shortened by about 8 inches. My hair's a foot long or so and i want it cut that it'd still be the same lenght all over.

Where could i get a good cut?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

654px-Guillotinemodels.jpg

Insert Hair, release blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

you could have atleast told me where the communal guillotine is located!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've been to Toni & Guy in Galway & Dublin and they tend to be pretty good, once you state clearly what you want and what you don't want

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

star-pants wrote: »
    I've been to Toni & Guy in Galway & Dublin and they tend to be pretty good, once you state clearly what you want and what you don't want
    Jizzlord is a male and I'm pretty sure that if he walked into Toni & Guy, his cock would drop off. Unless that's the kind of thing he's going for...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone should do I think. I like the one next to Bridgemills, on the corner.

• Advertisement

i'd be looking for what you could call a traditional barber, one who's not wildly expensive, does the job as specified and does a good job. nothing is worse than getting some young girl who leaves you're hair in some sort of interpretation of your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Theres a barbers beside entrance to Old Malt lane way, part for birds too but the dude in the barbers is fairly straight forward & no nonsense (and cheapish €8-€10, so I recommend him!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

majiktripp wrote: »
    Theres a barbers beside entrance to Old Malt lane way, part for birds too but the dude in the barbers is fairly straight forward & no nonsense (and cheapish €8-€10, so I recommend him!)

Healy's? I've been going there for as long as I can remember (Not too long), decent place. However getting expensive at 13eur a cut. The son is running the place now, Reggie retired not so long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use Healys, too. They did the place up last week, and upped the prices. That said, it's a fair while since they raised prices last.

The girl who does the cutting in the second chair from the window is pretty good, and tends to do what you ask her to do rather than ignoring you like a lot of barbers do.

biko wrote: »
    Anyone should do I think. I like the one next to Bridgemills, on the corner.

i went to that guy, and he did a great job, all for 11 euro. i was impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There us a Turkish lad in Tom Nalleys in Hight Street (next door to Kings Head) who is a top barber. I always wait for him and tip him 2 Euro. He does hot towel shaves too.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Fat Tony's. End of story.

Up in the Liosban ... ok, it might cost 15 bucks, but jeez they earn it.

Over the years, I've been a regular in House of Grafton, then Healy's (think they're related), then Tom Nally's, the Kozzy's (sp?) on Market Street.

Without a doubt, Fat Tony's staff put the best effort in. Even if there's a huge queue, they don't rush. There's one guy in there and I reckon he's got Obsessive Compulsive Disorder he's such a perfectionist. He takes at least 30/40 mins to cut it.

Never used to tip a barber (bar the hot bird that worked in House of Grafton about 15 years ago), but I always give the staff in FT's two or three euro. Well worth it in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Tom Nally's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Joe's Magical Barbershop on AbbeyGate Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Joe's Magical Barbershop on AbbeyGate Street

You mean Scruffy Joe's?

If so, I would seriously second that recommendation. There's literally nobody else I'd go to, he's fantastic.

I went to some other places before, and they usually ended up butchering my hair, so I decided some years ago that Joe is the only one who's going to be cutting my hair. And he's not to expensive either, something like €8 or so? Less than a tenner anywho.

So seriously JIZZLORD, go to Joe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

I use Koztello's in the headford road shopping centre, and get a no 4 all over for a tenner. Very good.

So seriously JIZZLORD, go to Joe's.

i already went to the place at the bridge mills and got my haircut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

Chick Gillen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i already went to the place at the bridge mills and got my haircut

Verdict? good / bad / ok?
    Cost?

good haircut, he followed my instructions, and it was 11 quid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Don't tell me Chick the Barber is still going.......the one on the corner of Dominick St............

Advertisement