Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

Options
  • 26-09-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Anyone experiencing slow connection with UTV? It began a few weeks ago; loading basic pages was fine but youtube clips etc took forever. They'd play for 4 or 5 seconds and then I'd have to wait for the next few seconds to load.
    I used opendns.com settings and put them in the DNS section of my Belkin Wireless router which I'm connecting to using a laptop and it didn't seem to help.
    Anyone experiencing this or have any idea as to what could be wrong user end?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I killed you, Mr. Anderson. I watched you die.... with some satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened- something I thought would be impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterwards, I was aware of the rules. I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I was compelled to stay- compelled to disobey. And right now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I'm unplugged. A new man, sort of speak- like you. Apparently free.

Ahem....

i've the same issue. I got the DNS server defined on my network connnection properties, Doesnt help it 100%, but its a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I killed you, Mr. Anderson. I watched you die.... with some satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened- something I thought would be impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterwards, I was aware of the rules. I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I was compelled to stay- compelled to disobey. And right now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I'm unplugged. A new man, sort of speak- like you. Apparently free.

Ahem....

i've the same issue. I got the DNS server defined on my network connnection properties, Doesnt help it 100%, but its a lot better

God I love that movie! By far the best of the 3 don't care what people say! :)

What are the UTV specific settings?
    I tried the opendns ones on the wireless network connection too instead of the router and it didn't seem to help either. Any ideas why it's so crap lately?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

try them

I'm sorry, i saw the opening and had to take it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

agent smith try keep on topic,

btw, you lost against Mr Anderson remember? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Slow internet here too, was perfect til about a week ago. Sent them four support mails in three days and none have been replied too. Called them too and no response, not even a call waiting jingle :( will try again tomorrow, but this is becoming tedious now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have any of you reported this in the utv support group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Using those DNS settings still doesn't help.

And no, didn't report it to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I moved to the 'Unlimited' dowload this month, I noticed a fairly severe deterioration of speeds at around the same time (100k/sec now coming down at about 50-60k/sec). I assumed that UTV had dumped me into some low service group because I went unlimited, please post any updates anyone has on this issue.

Cheers

Offtopic: has anyone on UTV unlimited noticed a problem with using bittorrents? I was able to connect to trackers no problem before going unlimited, now I get messages saying port is not forwarded (when it acually is!). Could be related to the problems mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Riggwelter

dub45 wrote: »
    Have any of you reported this in the utv support group?

Sure have, my story is :

I am in Kenmare, Co'Kerry and am having real problems with UTV broadband, I have been on a 2 MB package which has been getting progressively slower recently in fact having done several tests it run's as slow as 22.6kbps at times. I have been in contact with UTV & they are now telling me that after doing a line test Eircom tell them the line's are no longer able to cope with speed's of 2 MB and have downgraded my package to 1 MB.
    They also tell me that all the suppliers use the same Eircom lines so I won't get any better with anyone else !

So if this is the case should anyone in Kenmare be paying for anything larger than a 1 MB connection ?

The problem I have now is what to do for broadband. Could anyone in Kenmare tell me what suppler they are with & if they are satisfied with the speed they get ?

I have also considered Vodafone broadband but hear it can vary greatly depending what area you are in. Has anyone any experience with this system in Kenmare ?

At the moment I am having to restrain myself in the language I use to convey my feeling's on this matter :mad: so any reply's, comment's or help anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

Cheer's, Thoroughly fed up from Kenmare, Riggwelter.

PS : Posted elsware on this forum as well.

Advertisement