Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Tadhg finally arrived.

Options
  • 16-08-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Well he got here on his own in the end, was due to be induced on Monday morning but he decided Sunday was a better day to arrive.

Well now I was told all along that he was a "big" baby, but that didn't surprise me, I was a 9lb babs myself......what did surprise me was when they put him on the scales and it hit the 12lb mark!!!

I won't go into the gorey details, but I will say that it was not nearly as bad as I was expecting, very managable, and if I can deliver a 12lber then anyone can do it, so all you expecting your first it's absolutely nothing to be scared of.

5.44kg exactly, but he still looks tiny to me! :D (that is until they put him beside a 6lb baby to show me the comparison!! LOL)

We're home now and doing well, although BF a 12lber is a bit of a struggle and i'm topping up a little with formula once or twice a day until my supply builds up.

Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Here he is only 1hr old.

Tadhg001.jpg

X
    Shel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Hey well done Shelli!! He's only gorgeous! But 12lb omg :eek:

I was following the forum lately so I'm pleased to see that all is well. Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Congrats Shelli, that is wonderful news and what a lovely baby you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

What a fab baby and well done you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratualtions!

I had to top up my second with feed for the first week until my milk flow increased, she was over due and such a hungry baby.

Hope you are doing well and yikes 12 lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

12lb :eek: He's big 'un! He looks big - and only an hour old in that photo!

Congrats Shelli - well done.

Nice name too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

well done girl!! he is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congratulations, when you see him in his crib you can see how big he is. He's half reared lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I doubt that if any of the new born clothes do fit him that he will be in them for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Congrats Shelli. Fantastic news and good to hear that you both are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

He is one gorgeous baby, and yikes for you delivering a 12lb babs. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Congrats! he looks an absolutely dote! :)

Well done on B/feeding - don't worry about his size - you will have no problem feeding him. It's not a good idea though to feed artificial milk as you want baby to nurse as much as possible in order to build up your supply and feeding artificial milk will interfere with that.

There's an excellent board on www.rollercoaster.ie on b/feeding if you need more info/advice as time goes on.

Congrats again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats Shelli. 12lb holy moly! Good on ya girl! He's gorgeous!

I'll never forget after my first was born at 4lb 12oz and I saw a 12lb baby on the ward and all I could do was gawp... I couldn't understand how it was humanly possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Congratulations - He's a fine big lad & that's a beafutiful name

Best of luck with the BFeeding - Take all the help / advice you can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Nice one, is right.

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Congrats shelli, he's gorgeous.

He looks like a 2 month old baby, so alert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

aww congrats shelli and family,

he is a gorgeous baby...and well done to you..12ibs....i am sore just thinking about it:eek:

congrats and enjoy your young man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

My God, 12pounds!!! Fair play! He's a beautiful baby boy, God bless ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wow... 12lbs! that's nearly 4 times what I was! so by that reckoning he will grow up to be a 24 footer :) Congrats!
    Mrs Ninja is due in March, it's our first and she was doing a double take when I showed her this thread :D

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Kildrought wrote:
    Congrats! he looks an absolutely dote! :)

Well done on B/feeding - don't worry about his size - you will have no problem feeding him. It's not a good idea though to feed artificial milk as you want baby to nurse as much as possible in order to build up your supply and feeding artificial milk will interfere with that.

There's an excellent board on www.rollercoaster.ie on b/feeding if you need more info/advice as time goes on.

Congrats again!

Had to top up for a day or two as he lost a little too much weight in the hospital and the doc told me to, hasn't needed a top up in the last day or so though, so hopefully no more formula for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EcoGirl

Delighted it's all gone so well for you. Congratulations on your gorgeous baby. I love the name too!

I do wonder, though, about the advice to top up, no matter that it came from a doctor. It would be interesting to know if the lactation consultant at the hospital would have said the same. Topping up can seriously interefere with successful breast-feeding, because it interferes with increasing the milk supply and can give the baby nipple confusion. It's really bad advice to my knowledge.

I'm writing this in the hope that if other women get this 'advice' even from a doctor, they don't necessarily take it. Don't take my word for it either - I wouldn't expect that. But check with the lactation consultant in the hospital, or contact somebody from La Leche League and ask their advice first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Congrats! Lovely baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elen

Congrats! I hadnt been here in a while and was wondering if the little one had been born.

Over 5 kg! and natural delivery! that is an achievement.
    He is gorgeous, and barely fits in the cod, lol

Advertisement