Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programmer needed for small job

Options
  • 10-08-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

We are looking for a programmer to program a basic OpenGL windows application that will load a 3d model into the the window and allow the user
    to walk around in it using fps style controls. The user should be able to click on and select other 3d objects that are placed inside the main one
    and be able to drag them around with the mouse button. We are offering €500 euro for this application no matter how quickly it takes you to program. If you already have most of it written as part of a graphics engine you're in luck!
    If you are interested in programming this PM me and we can discuss it further.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

What company is this for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭FastMachine

We have been contracted by the CIA to program this application for use in counter intellingence as such any further enquires will be dealt with by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We have been contracted by the CIA to program this application for use in counter intellingence as such any further enquires will be dealt with by PM.

Ok Jack Bauer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

€500? Is that a joke?

OK, I guess it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Lots of Comp Sci students seem to do a very similar project for college. Maybe try some of their boards.

• Advertisement

€500 a joke? You do realise that whoever takes this on would be very likely to have most of the code already written and will only have to handle some mouse input. Obviously you don't kmow what you're talking about but nice attempt at trying to look like you do. If it wasn't 5 years since I last programmed graphics I could knock it up myself in a few hours.

Beware the soup stone. :cool:

If anyone's interested in programming this please pm me.

Can't keep with your edits Pub07.
    ....Anyway I've already got two people working on it for $500, hehe.

Whats that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

This sound like either a half-arsed hack is required or it's a really badly described task that will end up being a pain. I'd suggest that this isn't a right place to look for a rent-a-coder for this - there are sites for that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've already got two foreign guys working on it from a different website but I would prefer an Irish person to do it so I can pay them instantly and not have to wait for a money transfer. As regards the name, as I said this is CIA work and requires confidentiality ;)

This sound like either a half-arsed hack is required

That is exactly what is required.

Students or rentacoder. There are ways to pay electronically instantly. Though foreign people might be a problem for the CIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

€500 a joke? You do realise that whoever takes this on would be very likely to have most of the code already written and will only have to handle some mouse input. Obviously you don't kmow what you're talking about but nice attempt at trying to look like you do. If it wasn't 5 years since I last programmed graphics I could knock it up myself in a few hours.

I'm an ex-developer (C, C++, Perl) and I currently work in recruitment. I know what the rates are.

€500 is insulting.

OK whatever, I hadn't realised programmers were making about €100 an hour these days. Damn I shoulda stayed at it. This project has been completed by someone now.

Its more like, Once bitten, twice shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

My brain hurts from reading this ****....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement