Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra, Suzuki Alto or Swift?

Options
  • 10-08-2007 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think I will at least try to sell my current Daewoo Matiz car, since it has given me too much problems.

But what to get next, I would like to buy Japanise under 1l, year around 98-00 and price around 2000-3000 euros.

So what should I pick?

Micra, Suziki Alto or Swift,

maybe not any point to speak about looks, none of them are really nice to the eye, but what would be good deal to buy. I was thinking automatic Micra, but they are quite expensive.

I had a quote for Polo 1.4l, but that car would bring me 240e extra for insurance and around 150e for roadtax = 381e per year extra, so no point to get over 1l car. You can buy a lot of petrol for 380 euros.

Matiz would be ok if that would stay in the road without fixing it all the time! I drive around 30miles in day in backroads so I really want something that does not break down. Another must is Immobilizer, I would not like to buy a car without, Power steering is a plus as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Micra would be the best all rounder of the three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Always think of the micra as the 00's answer to the 60's mini, great little cars go for ever and parts are plentyful fairly easy to work on and low on ins and petrol.

-VB-

only the mini was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

colm_mcm wrote:
    only the mini was cool
    I was reading that post thinking, were Minis really nerdy in the 60s and did they induce incontrollable bouts of rage back then. Minis were quick, no?

to be fair, minis were deeply uncool until John Cooper and the Italian Job got people to like them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ballooba wrote:
    Minis were quick, no?

No. The original Mini did 0-60MPH in about 30s using all of its 34BHP :D

Of course there were quicker versions later. The first Mini Cooper S had 70BHP...

Advertisement