Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep an eye on your swans Ireland...

Options
  • 08-08-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

There are few sights so serene as a swan sailing majestically along the Grand Union Canal.

Except, that is, when it is being chased by a gang of hungry, knife-wielding Eastern Europeans.

Polish and Lithuanian immigrants have been seen trying to drag the 20lb birds away, while the remains of some have been found butchered on the towpath near Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire. Hundreds are believed to have disappeared from the area.

Now, just in case the newcomers are unaware of the law protecting swans, members of Luton Angling Club have come up with a sign making it clear that they are not for human consumption

Con't...
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23407357-details/Sorry,+poached+swan's+off:+Calls+for+clampdown+on+river+bandits+from+eastern+Europe/article.do

What's next, dogs and cats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

if it moves, they will eat it. they have been cought netting lakes for bream and pike. oh well, most of the eastern europeans will be gone in less than 5 years..... when new houses stop being built at the rate thay are at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any chance they like to eat old bikes, shopping trolleys and human excretement?

We could have the Liffey nice n clean in no time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

pvt. joker wrote:

What's next, dogs and cats?

I heard they eat OP's who post stuff in order to incite a bashing of eastern europeans. Its just a rumour though so it must be true:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Woo Hooo - Yet another Eastern European thread. How many times can we go through this subject! Has it not been done to death? Are there not other things we can discuss???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

togster wrote:
    I heard they eat OP's who post stuff in order to incite a bashing of eastern europeans. Its just a rumour though so it must be true:rolleyes:

I'm a yank who thought it was funny that people are eating swans in the UK. Shall i purchase a jump to conclusions mat for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

eo980 wrote:
    Woo Hooo - Yet another Eastern European thread. How many times can we go through this subject! Has it not been done to death? Are there not other things we can discuss???
    How about Western Europeans? Those French and Spanish fcukers don't half stink do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Pfft, thats a bullshít urban myth. Has been doing the rounds of many fine bastions of publishing integrity for a while now, including the Daily Mail, the Sun and The Limerick Post. Popular variations include "Eastern Europeans Eating our Donkeys!" :eek:

Pighead wrote:
    How about Western Europeans? Those French and Spanish fcukers don't half stink do they?

but do they eat beautiful waterfowl?

Pighead wrote:

Damn right they do Pighead, although let's not all round on other immigrants just yet. While we're on the subject of smelly people I want to discuss a home grown problem that we should tackle first - - - -> Smelly Old People.

I was in Cork for the weekend and I was having a fine Roast Turkey and Ham dinner with the missus when an old Cork couple waddled in and sat down at the table beside us. The stench of BO was horrendous, I couldn't enjoy my dinner properly. It ruined it for me I could even say.

Let's tackle smelly old people before we harrass anymore immigrants I say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cornbb wrote:
    Pfft, thats a bullshít urban myth. Has been doing the rounds of many fine basions of publishing integrity for a while now, including the Daily Mail, the Sun and The Limerick Post. Popular variation includes "Eastern Europeans Eating our Donkeys!" :eek:

Nope it's definetely fact as will be shoen by the sheer amount of posters whos friend's, brother's, father's pet dog's cousins twice removed knows from first hand experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Eastern Europeans ate my baby !

Oh wait.... that was a Dingo ! My bad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Red top nonsense!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eo980 wrote:
    Damn right they do Pighead, although let's not all round on other immigrants just yet. While we're on the subject of smelly people I want to discuss a home grown problem that we should tackle first - - - -> Smelly Old People.

I was in Cork for the weekend and I was having a fine Roast Turkey and Ham dinner with the missus when an old Cork couple waddled in and sat down at the table beside us. The stench of BO was horrendous, I couldn't enjoy my dinner properly. It ruined it for me I could even say.

Let's tackle smelly old people before we harrass anymore immigrants I say.

Ah the smelly old people. Man I hate those fúckers. They used to always come into me when i worked in Tesco and wrech my head with their piss drenched clothes. I wish they'd fúck off and die already.

pvt. joker wrote:
    but do they eat beautiful waterfowl?

As cornbb said above, it's a myth. They've been here years and it's never mentioned as being a problem here. Does anyone have any hard evidence for it here in Ireland? Why the hell do we have to insinuate that these people are so backward so uncivillised that they 'hunt' for swans on our rivers and canal's. Why do we continually paint them in this bad light? I'm not referring to any 'other' illegal activities. I'm specfically mentioning the story of Eastern Europeans catching and cooking swans.
    Are we smug, superiour, callous? What's with this attitude? It's a rediculous story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah the smelly old people. Man I hate those fúckers. They used to always come into me when i worked in Tesco and wrech my head with their piss drenched clothes. I wish they'd fúck off and die already.
    Thats no way to talk about your parents AlmightyCushion. Show some respect man.

Maybe we should round up all the old smelly people, glue on white feathers and paint orange beaks on them and chuck them in the canals.
    They'll be dragged away in no time....

It's like killing two birds with the one Pole.... eh, I mean stone...

We took a bus tour when we were in Cork over the weekend and we sat up the front. I pity the poor c'nuts who were down the back with the old cork geezer who really did smell of pee. Imagine stuck beside that on a bus for 12 hours!!

whiskeyman wrote:
    Maybe we should round up all the old smelly people, glue on white feathers and paint orange beaks on them and chuck them in the canals.
    They'll be dragged away in no time....

It's like killing two birds with the one Pole.... eh, I mean stone...

No no they wouldn't be.

They'd just drown.

Pighead wrote:
    But they were always in annoying me and then they'd piss themselves and I'd have to clean it up. Damn parents.

eo980 wrote:
    As cornbb said above, it's a myth. They've been here years and it's never mentioned as being a problem here. Does anyone have any hard evidence for it here in Ireland? Why the hell do we have to insinuate that these people are so backward so uncivillised that they 'hunt' for swans on our rivers and canal's. Why do we continually paint them in this bad light? I'm not referring to any 'other' illegal activities. I'm specfically mentioning the story of Eastern Europeans catching and cooking swans.
    Are we smug, superiour, callous? What's with this attitude? It's a rediculous story.

Did you happen to READ the story or did you just skim the topic and then get vaginally hurt?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_01/noswanDM0608_468x344.jpg

• Advertisement

Its just a means of turd-stirring used by trashy newspapers. They can't be sued for libel by a whole ethnic group so they get away with it, over and over again. Shame on them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Pighead wrote:

Actually I think he was talking about YORE MA !!:p

pvt. joker wrote:
    Did you happen to READ the story or did you just skim the topic and then get vaginally hurt?

Did you try googling "swan polish urban myth"? Are you aware of what a POS "newspaper" the daily mail is?

eo980 wrote:
    We took a bus tour when we were in Cork over the weekend and we sat up the front. I pity the poor c'nuts who were down the back with the old cork geezer who really did smell of pee. Imagine stuck beside that on a bus for 12 hours!!
    There's the ones who smell like they're decomposing as well. Man, can they not shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Eastern Europeans.....they'd just kill anything and pickle it. Then eat it later with some other goods that they purchased in Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Pighead wrote:

*looks into crystal ball* i see a rather long argument ahead:p

pvt. joker wrote:

Gee JOKER.......... you're story referenced the UK (a whole other country) not Ireland. I mentioned IRELAND. Did you read my response or just skim?

BTW- what's the situation with the wildlife in the US? There must be none left. After all America is a land built upon immigration and there are huge communities of Eastern European's there. I guess the only wildlife left is that which is in the zoo's eh?

eo980 wrote:
    No no they wouldn't be.

They'd just drown.

Their colostomy bags will keep 'em afloat...

whiskeyman wrote:
    Their colostomy bags will keep 'em afloat...

Heh- Good point.

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote:
    Did you try googling "swan polish urban myth"? Are you aware of what a POS "newspaper" the daily mail is?

so it's a giant conspiracy? Seems kind of ridiculous to make something like that up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement