Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Quorn Product

Options
  • 05-08-2007 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Yours?

Has to the the garlic bread crumb (fake) chicken fillets for me:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Same for me! Or the rashers, they're really good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Rashers? Haven't seen them. My local store isn't brilliant at stocking Quorn it has to be said....the sausages are good but don't like the mince at all. Must try the fillets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I don't really like the rashers... I find them... well, slimey. I use those Cauldron ones if possible, or Redwood.

Quorn fillets are good, or the pieces. Their sausages (along with pieces) are good in stews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I'm curious, for people who are vegetarians why would you want to eat something that resembles a meat product i.e. rashers and sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Cos they taste good. Some of them anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, they taste good. Just becasue I don't eat meat doesn't mean I don't love it.

Anyway, it has to be the Quorn roast of Fry's chicken fillet things, also Quorn Swedish Style Balls and Linda McCartney sausage rolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

It just strikes me unusual that all these vegetarian products seem to be endorsing or at least encouraging the very behaviour that vegetarians are supposed to stay away from.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are encouraging people to eat alternatives to animals.
    People find it easier to not eat real meat if they have something to eat that is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

They can also be handy if you're cooking for people who prefer to eat meat.

My favourite is the Quorn sausage! The chicken style pieces can also be handy in a stir fry if you crisp them up beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

My dad brought me these Quorn tandoori pieces from up north before. Marinated chicken style pieces. Absolutely delish flavour! They've so many different flavours of them. I love the chicken style pieces too for just throwing in with anything. 5 minutes to cook a full meal and no worries about food poisoning, chopping and you don't feel as bloated as with meat. I can't be bothered with much else after work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement