Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Desktops New codes?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Any new codes available for bargain desktops? I belive dimension are sold out ,is it Inspiron the name of latest deals? Anyway I thought I seen some codes posted somewhere but cant find ,hopefully there are some knocking about or more about to come out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Cheapest I could get was 305-D08V02 for € 367.34. I'm sure there's a cheaper one out there.

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core E2140 Processor (1.6GHz,800MHz,1MB cache)
    Windows® XP Professional - English
    1 Year Business Hardware Support
    19" Value Wide Flat Panel (E198WFP) - UK/Irish
    1024MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x512]
    250GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive with 8MB DataBurst™ cache
    Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100
    16x DVD +/- RW Drive
    Dell™ Entry Quietkey USB Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
    Mouse Included in Wireless Keyboard and Mouse option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

Thanks for that Wiz. Looks like a great deal ,19" widesceen to top it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anyone know if you can install a PCI-EX graphics card to the VostroTM 200 MT ( D08V02)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dingatron wrote:
    Anyone know if you can install a PCI-EX graphics card to the VostroTM 200 MT ( D08V02)?
    Yes according to the Vostro specs
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/vostrodt_200mt?c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=anavml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

That's a good one! Choice of Win XP Pro or Vista Business, and €24.20 for an extra DVD drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

kaizersoze wrote:

Grand thanks. The PSU is a bit on the small side but no bad all the same.

Bit off-topic but how do people feel about Dell going "back to black" with Vostro? All their other PC's and laptops are silver now. Personally, I like the black Vostro, but prefer the silver laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Oracle wrote:
    Bit off-topic but how do people feel about Dell going "back to black" with Vostro? All their other PC's and laptops are silver now. Personally, I like the black Vostro, but prefer the silver laptops.

Vostro is business not a home product

one more thing: with the code provided you can get 22" lcd for only 85e extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

fl4pj4ck wrote:
    Vostro is business not a home product

one more thing: with the code provided you can get 22" lcd for only 85e extra

spotted this the other day alright. has anyone found a way to order these for home use or just used someone they know with a business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Is it possible to remove some of the included software like microsoft works to reduce the price?

Also is it possible to collect from Dell so you dont have to pay for delivery?

• Advertisement

raido9 wrote:
    Is it possible to remove some of the included software like microsoft works to reduce the price?

Also is it possible to collect from Dell so you dont have to pay for delivery?

collection is not possible

you can request the refund (sth about e70) for works and vista but only when your laptop arrive

you do not have to have business to order any of the vostro - they just meant to be business because thayre so basic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

thanks

so whats to stop people from making the best of the business prices all the time. they are way under the home user prices in like for like models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonzo_Fiend

They are ex VAT prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

thanks

so whats to stop people from making the best of the business prices all the time. they are way under the home user prices in like for like models
    It's not always like that. 2 or 3 weeks ago it was the other way around and it will change again. Keep an eye on the vat and shipping aswell. They're not normaly included by default in the business section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

dell have the 80 euro off deal again in the outlet store.

dingding wrote:
    dell have the 80 euro off deal again in the outlet store.

Interesting, although there's still not many goodies on offer. The extra VAT & delivery is the killer with the Outlet. Plus the fact that no monitor's included makes it bad value for desktops. It's a waiting game to catch the outlet with €120/€140 off, free delivery, and some decent laptops in stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

D08VS1A is the Vostro 200, sorry if posted already. €412.59 incl. VAT+delivery.
    Base Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core E2140 Processor (1.6GHz,800MHz,1MB cache)
    Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows Vista™ Business - English
    Memory 1024MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x512]
    Keyboard Logitech™ Cordless Desktop™ EX110 - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
    Monitor Dell™ 19" Value Flat Panel (E198FP) - UK/Irish
    Video Card Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100
    Hard Drive 320GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA/100 Hard Drive with 16MB DataBurst™ cache
    Floppy Drives and Additional Storage Devices 13-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Mouse Mouse Included in Wireless Keyboard and Mouse option
    Modem No Modem
    Optical Devices 16x DVD +/- RW Drive
    Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio
    Speakers No Speakers
    Shipping Documents English Documentation with UK/Irish Power Cord
    Gedis Bundle Reference List D08VS1a Vostro 200s
    Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English
    Standard Warranty Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
    Enhanced Service Packs Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
    Protect your new PC No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
    Order Information Vostro Desktop Order - Ireland
    Money Off - Shows in Strikethrough Save Euro 30 Ex VAT
    Dell System Media Kit Resource DVD - (Diagnostics & Drivers)
    Accidental Damage Support No Accidental Damage Support
    Online Promotion Option for GEDIS Configs Dell Internet Order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

367.94 including VAT and Shipping sounds good. Is there any cheaper one?

That is coming up as 391.54 euro when I take away the mouse and chose the Base Warranty.

Ruu wrote:
    D08VS1A is the Vostro 200, sorry if posted already. €412.59 incl. VAT+delivery.
    That ione is coming up as 391.54 for me when I take away the mouse and choose the Base Warranty.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure that it matters much because the first one posted is cheaper at €367, and looks like a better model too, (i.e. bigger case.) ;)

Yes but there is a bigger Hard Drive and a 13 in 1 memory card reader.

Hmmm.... true, but the monitor isn't wide screen. Also less expansion options, no second drive bay, etc... It depends on whats important to you I suppose. It seems a lot to pay extra just for those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pod

fl4pj4ck wrote:

you do not have to have business to order any of the vostro - they just meant to be business because thayre so basic

Is the VostroTM 200 MT (D08V02) E-Value Code: 305 - D08V02 more basic than the C521 which was being discussed here a few weeks ago...?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114480

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

Dell keep changing the codes and specifications every week.

I've summarised the best deals currently available on my <no linking to your site>

These expire on August 15th.

How does the Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100 graphics card compare to the Invidia GeForce 6150 LE Graphics card (which the C521 had)?

pod wrote:
    How does the Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100 graphics card compare to the Invidia GeForce 6150 LE Graphics card (which the C521 had)?

i belive (as these are both entry level cards) that you will not be able to play any games with those. the ati one might be slightly faster though

edit: havent noticed that this is x3100 not a x1300 - this case i belive there will be no noticeable difference between those cards

fl4pj4ck wrote:
    edit: havent noticed that this is x3100 not a x1300 - this case i belive there will be no noticeable difference between those cards
    Thanks, I presume the x3100 is better than the x1300. Would that be correct?

pod wrote:
    Is the VostroTM 200 MT (D08V02) E-Value Code: 305 - D08V02 more basic than the C521 which was being discussed here a few weeks ago...?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114480

I think the answer to your question is no, the VostroMT is not more basic than the Dimension C521, because the C521 is a Small Form Factor (SFF) PC, the VostroMT is a mini tower, with more expansion/upgrade options, and usually more power. The C521 case is almost half the size and is designed to fit on the desktop, but has less expansion/upgrade options. If it's games you're interested in a SFF PC could restrict the graphics card upgrade you can choose to the harder to find low-profile type. The same would be true of the VostroST SFF PC.

I thought the C521 was finished now anyway? I can't find any available on the Dell site, it was a great offer while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

BluePaddy wrote:
    Dell keep changing the codes and specifications every week.

I've summarised the best deals currently available on my [url<Website>[/url]

These expire on August 15th.

None of those so called traderdoubler advertising links on your website work. They just bring you to the Dell home page and probably generate ad revenue for you.

Advertisement