Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays on Edgeworthstown bypass yesterday

Options
  • 09-07-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Does anyone know what was the cause of the tailback on the Edworthstown by pass yesterday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was on it around 3:30pm and didn't notice any delays.

What time are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Around about 9pm Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I'ts like that most Sunday evenings with people heading back to Dublin. I'm not sure if it's the small roundabouts on the bypass or the traffic slowing down for Rathowen/Ballinalack :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

I was heading from Ballaghadereen to Dublin last Sunday evening. Because of delays at Longford and Edgeworthstown, I’ve always avoided both by turning right after Strokestown for Lanesborough to Ballymahon to Mullingar. The road is very quiet and very straight and any slow vehicles you come across can be passed very efficiently. I also estimate that it’s approximately the same distance to Mullingar as it is going on the main road.

I thought with Edgeworthstown being by passed that the above route would be less viable, but from what I’ve learned from this thread, it still seems to be worth doing on a Sunday evening.

Just thought I’d share this with anyone on a similar route who is frustrated going through Edgeworthstown. I think you’ve nothing to lose giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

FrCrilly wrote:
    I was heading from Ballaghadereen to Dublin last Sunday evening. Because of delays at Longford and Edgeworthstown, I’ve always avoided both by turning right after Strokestown for Lanesborough to Ballymahon to Mullingar. The road is very quiet and very straight and any slow vehicles you come across can be passed very efficiently. I also estimate that it’s approximately the same distance to Mullingar as it is going on the main road.

I thought with Edgeworthstown being by passed that the above route would be less viable, but from what I’ve learned from this thread, it still seems to be worth doing on a Sunday evening.

Just thought I’d share this with anyone on a similar route who is frustrated going through Edgeworthstown. I think you’ve nothing to lose giving it a try.

thats a great route, straight but like a rollercoaster...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

thats a great route, straight but like a rollercoaster...:)

Correct, but a series of long ups and downs as opposed to short ones.

Advertisement