Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Pizza

Options
  • 06-07-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

A flyer for a new pizzeria that opened just around the corner from me popped in the door there last week.

There was one particular pizza that sounded pretty horrific... but it haunted my dreams and I just had to give it a go.

I give you the "The Chocolate Pizza"

738049523_baa6f7cda3.jpg

That's a pizza base with Nutella spread on it... a sprinkling of marshmallows and chocolate chips all topped off with a liberal helping of chocolate sauce.

To be honest.. it was actually pretty tasty.. but after four slices it began to take it's toll on my puny human physiology and I had to put a stop to it.

Still... at least now I can say I've done something with my life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

oh.my.god.

where do you live?!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Slobber

It looks like it shouldn't taste good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!
    (not sure why...)

Where is this wunder-pizzeria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's from a place called Pizza Perfection in Artane, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That's just wrong ...but I want one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

JohnK wrote:
    That's just wrong ...but I want one :o

Oh no.... its so right, do you think they would deliver to rathmines!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 little_sheep

A flyer for a new pizzeria that opened just around the corner from me popped in the door there last week.

There was one particular pizza that sounded pretty horrific... but it haunted my dreams and I just had to give it a go.

738049523_baa6f7cda3.jpg

That's a pizza base with Nutella spread on it... a sprinkling of marshmallows and chocolate chips all topped off with a liberal helping of chocolate sauce.

To be honest.. it was actually pretty tasty.. but after four slices it began to take it's toll on my puny human physiology and I had to put a stop to it.

Still... at least now I can say I've done something with my life.

it's look good but not a full pizza for one personn ! maybe just a small part but that's look good anyway.

it's look good but not a full pizza for one personn ! maybe just a small part but that's look good anyway.
    Yep... I shouldn't have gone with the 12"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks lovely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Out of interest, is it served warm or cold?
    I think I know what my next birthday cake will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It'll probably be your last birthday if you eat a full one :D

Oh it's served warm... but they aren't really toppings that will hold heat for very long so it does cool down quickly.. but it's not that big a deal as it's still pretty edible when cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Its the sickest & best thing I have ever seen in my life all at once. :eek:

What possibly next?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can also just heat it up again fairly easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Is there mascarpone cheese on it or something? My sister once had chocolate lasagne, pasta and all but with chocolatey goodness in the filling.

Is Artane near DCU, me want so badly!

Nope... no cheese of any kind.

Is it near DCU? Hmm... not quite.... Artane is where the big roundabout is on the Malahide Road... It's Dublin 5.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Oh it's served warm... but they aren't really toppings that will hold heat for very long so it does cool down quickly.. but it's not that big a deal as it's still pretty edible when cold.

Ah right - I'd say it's nice either way but I love warm nutella on toast etc.
    JohnK wrote:
    It'll probably be your last birthday if you eat a full one :D

But what a way to go!
    It would be a birthday cake, though, so it'd be shared out with others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I'll order it next time I'm in a friends house up that area.
    How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

My friend who was born in Brazil says that over there they use chocolate as a topping on regular pizza, those crazy brazilians

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I can't stop thinking about this pizza since I read about it. I keep feeling its wrong then suddenly I get a mad craze to have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Looks lovely.
    remember it's not vegetarian Tar!!! it's on the 'can't touch' list :p

I can have fake marsh,ellows you spoil sport. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

i gotta get me one of those

ciaran76 wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about this pizza since I read about it. I keep feeling its wrong then suddenly I get a mad craze to have some.
    Well that's exactly how I felt when I got the menu in the door... I just had to try it.

I don't have the menu handy... but the prices were pretty standard prices you'd get in any pizza place. They also do Kebabs... I tried their chips though and wasn't impressed... but their regular pizzas are really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Wow. Just Wow.

Saw one of these in a chocolate café actually a couple weeks ago and thought to myself, "I HAVE to try that", and after seeing that pic, I am definately going back there for it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I had one of these when I was in Napoli. Surprisingly tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

That Pizza Perfection is just up the road from me and ages ago I had to try this thing. WE went in and there was some deal on if you buy a 12" you could get a free 7"(?) chocolate pizza. So two lads had the 12" and me and another guy split the chocolate pizza. I had half and couldnt have any more, the other was KO'd after one slice. It's not bad though, just way too filling. Cant imagine a 12" or bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

738049523_baa6f7cda3.jpg

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.
    :eek:
    I think I'm going to have to fire off a few emails, I have friends who will think this to be a defining point in their lives...

Advertisement