Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What i think WWE Needs!

• 30-06-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

it needs to belike it was in 1993-1995 good storylines, good matches, good gimmicks (rick martel, issac yankem, waylon mercy, doink etc.) Sure they wern't that good of gimmicks but what i mean is WWE needs loads more characthers, like a police man, a guru, a politition etc.

If you could add and remove things from WWE what would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kentonbomb wrote:
    it needs to belike it was in 1993-1995 good storylines, good matches, good gimmicks (rick martel, issac yankem, waylon mercy, doink etc.) Sure they wern't that good of gimmicks but what i mean is WWE needs loads more characthers, like a police man, a guru, a politition etc.

Are you serious? That's the dumb sh*t that had them in dire straits. Their boom years were when they moved away from that gimmicky crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think the WWE needs simple storylines. Simple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

I think the Op has a point... But I would say more like mid to late 90's
    Interesting characters such as The Godfather & Goldust. The mid-carders actually played a good part on Raw.
    IMO the introduction of seperate brands has ruined it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kentonbomb wrote:

are you ****ing insane? they were the worst years ever in the wwf, they sucked! make it more ault orientated like it was in 97-2001,the attitude years were ****ing glorious,a great time to be a wrestling fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Attitude era, it will never be replicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Bring back the Mcmahon Helmsley regime :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I think a clearer ranking system for all the wrestlers might be a good idea. Wrestlers should climb and drop in rankings when they win or lose. It would make regular matches more important and interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Like in WWF Smackdown for the Ps1?

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭ec18

Bring back the style of the atitude era and get rid of the tri brand. Get rid of ECW altogether and trim the rosters. Get rid of the fat........put more emphasis on the buildup to the match and allow for more promos in a feud....rather than a couple of match interferences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I definally think they should put it all back together and make it more like the attitude era.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bring back WCW circa 96-99

nWo-4Life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bring back WCW circa 96-99

nWo-4Life

oWn please, only he can help us now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭ec18

bring back nash, hogan and hall....yeah great idea:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

not wxactly bring THEM back , but do something totally unexpected and radical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Bring back I.R.S. There's too many tax cheats in the WWE nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I want more toughness. Someone you could actually believe *might* hurt you if you asked for an autograph. A badass. John Cena is a friggin' girl. Remember the Stone Cold/McMahon feud. A man's man to lead the company! (and I don't mean Steve Regal:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

kentonbomb wrote:

Oh dear christ, have you any f*cking clue how moronic you sound. Let me point out a few.

1) Iassac Yankem (I. Yankem, I yank em). I think he's quite happy being former 1 time WWE champion Kane, something he'd never have gotten being Jerry Lawlers evil dentist of doom!

2) Waylon Mercy, who was on his last legs as a half decent worker at the time he was brought in. Danny Spivey had way better matches in his WWE time in 85-86 as well as in WCW as one half of the skyscrapers

3) Doink as a character was pretty cool brought in at the end of 1992 being a take on Pennywise, the clown from Stephen Kings IT. He was great as an evil character, especially when there were two of them f*cking with Crush. But he got turned shortly after Crush was taken off TV and went rapidly downhill from there. How the hell can you justify his face run?

4) Rick Martel had gotten a couple of tag title runs with different partners, but was long past his prime by the time 1993 rolled around, and thats coming from a big Rick Martel mark from his AWA days.

WWE doesn't need cheesy gimmick cartoon style characters, it's fine characterwise, in fact thats whats killing WWE atm, how many of us actually took Kevin Thorn seriously in the debut of ECW on Sci Fi? And who really gives a rats about the Boogeyman, or those two Grease rip-offs?

Go back and watch Wrestlemania III for Savage v Steamboat and watch the recap of what lead to it. Because it's what WWE needs again. I believe Ph3n0m stated that a few weeks back too.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

VR, there's no need to be insulting in getting your point across

To be honest, I don't think WWE needs anything different from what they have now. They've got plenty of people watching, plenty of people buying their merchandise, and while there's always room for improvement I just think that what they're doing now pleases the majority of their fans

I think a bigger emphasis on the cruisers would work though. It should be more like in MMA, where you don't have to compare the smaller guys with the bigger guys. The smaller guys just stick to their own division and the best small guys are still some of the toughest around. If they just kept the cruisers separate from the heavyweights then everyone would accept them as great wrestlers rather than guys that lose to big guys every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

What does the WWE need? Real competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

WWE doesn't need cheesy gimmick cartoon style characters, it's fine characterwise, in fact thats whats killing WWE atm, how many of us actually took Kevin Thorn seriously in the debut of ECW on Sci Fi? And who really gives a rats about the Boogeyman, or those two Grease rip-offs?

VR!

I think Boogey and Kevin Thorn are ok as they are serious charachters. But Deuce and Domino are ridiculous and the charachter of Eugene is a complete fcuking embarassment, obviously to appeal to children, which I doubt he even does. Shame because he's a decent worker. Shawn Michaels in his book said that what he thought killed the WWF in the mid 90's was the presence of ridiculous 'job' gimmicks like a policeman, a dentist a garbage man etc. Anyone remember the Mountie? He was pretty funny but him and the rest of these charachters should be consigned to history and never be rekindled.

• Advertisement

forbesii wrote:
    I think Boogey and Kevin Thorn are ok as they are serious charachters. But Deuce and Domino are ridiculous and the charachter of Eugene is a complete fcuking embarassment, obviously to appeal to children, which I doubt he even does. Shame because he's a decent worker. Shawn Michaels in his book said that what he thought killed the WWF in the mid 90's was the presence of ridiculous 'job' gimmicks like a policeman, a dentist a garbage man etc. Anyone remember the Mountie? He was pretty funny but him and the rest of these charachters should be consigned to history and never be rekindled.

Problem with the Mountie was that after the jailhouse match, there really was nowhere for him to go except for being a transition IC champion, which is why they ended up pairing him up with Oulette. A good cop/bad cop match wasn't as bad as it sounded in 1991. It was a lot more interesting than Earthquake making Quakeburgers.

I'll also agree with Eugene as well, Nick Dinsmore is a hell of a worker but sadly he plays the retard gimmick so well so they'll keep it.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

VR watch that insulting.

bombidol wrote:
    VR watch that insulting.
    Huh? Whatcha talkin bout Willis? Fozzy already pointed out this already, no need to add your spoke too.

VR!

Advertisement