MANTUA music & art festival - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-06-2007, 13:08   #1
Papabear

MANTUA music & art festival

JULY 13/14/15th
Willowbrook Campsite, Ballaghdereen, Co.Roscommon
www.mantuaproject.com
Tickets from 65 bucks

Feat:
MAIN STAGE
sultans of ping
65 days of static
the skatalites
michael Fakesch
Florian Keller
ten past seven
anacrusis
the cedars
hot club of belleville
wiggle

ALPHABETSET ELECTRONIC AREA
digital mystikz
frog pocket
dj c
t-woc
choice cuts dj's
maga bo
ambulance
solarium face
2-bit
thalamus n plenty more

ROOTICAL REGGAE AREA
Jah shaka
Love grocer
sister lexxy
firehouse skank
revelation sound
intinn

IMPACT dRUM N bASS
FEAT ernie, fiction, the teknoist, beta 2, paddy, ap bolan, alen m.....

PLUS CINEMA TENT feat INVISIBLE AGENT (WARREN, IKEABOY...) 3EPKANO (LIVE) PRESSURE DROP & A MASSIVE SELECTION OF MOVIES AND DOCUMENTARIES
Advertisement
28-06-2007, 13:12   #2
Ronan|Raven
I Believe I Can Fly!

Will be heading along as it is only 10 miles from the house
28-06-2007, 15:07   #3
Jimmy81

is this the same Mantua that was down at Life Festival in Gort?
15-07-2007, 19:38   #4
hot2def

no toilets.

let me say that again

NO TOILETS.

diggin a pit as an after thought is not ok. Furthermore, drugged up punters got ahold of a tractor (with the keys still in it...) and drove it through the cinema tent with people in it. The organisers should be publicly whipped.
15-07-2007, 20:16   #5
skelbagz

I have to say I had a really good time but the Festival was really badly planned in my opinion. The lack of toilets was a big problem, the mud made getting around annoying but the worst thing was the bus from the alternative car park: €5 flippin euros there and back !!! (as one of the drivers said to me they made an absolute fortune).

I know this sounds like I'm being really down on the festival but hopefully if the organisers do it again next year they'll learn from some of the problems.

Oh yeah, and that tractor incident was crazy. Imagine if there had of been people in those tents
Advertisement
16-07-2007, 15:31   #6
Desolation Jone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2def
no toilets.

let me say that again

NO TOILETS.

diggin a pit as an after thought is not ok. Furthermore, drugged up punters got ahold of a tractor (with the keys still in it...) and drove it through the cinema tent with people in it. The organisers should be publicly whipped.

****ing crazy my friends sister was in her tent asleep when the tractor came thru..they'd to cut her out of it... No sign of the organisers, was left to walk with no shoes or jacket as tractor had destroyed everything...And she's pregnant...none of the organisers or security did anything for her....
16-07-2007, 16:12   #7
j_cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2def
no toilets.

let me say that again

NO TOILETS.

There were toilets up by the reggae tent. Not the nicest in the world but they were there
16-07-2007, 22:20   #8
hot2def

the toilets by the reggae tent were a pit dug in the ground, with a piece of plywood with holes cut in it. There were small, unattended children playing around it.
16-07-2007, 23:52   #9
JakeLuxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolation Jone
****ing crazy my friends sister was in her tent asleep when the tractor came thru..they'd to cut her out of it... No sign of the organisers, was left to walk with no shoes or jacket as tractor had destroyed everything...And she's pregnant...none of the organisers or security did anything for her....

Hi there, we only arrived on the camp site about 6.30am on sunday morning and heard about the tractor in the tent and also about a pregnant lady getting injured.
What a crazy thing to happen and I hope she will be ok.

I wasnt there for the first two nights so cant comment but it looked to me when we arrived that organization had completely collapsed.
We went down around the D&B tent around 7am and I have to say I have never in all my life seen such a collection of crazy people or such a crazy enviroment.
With the conditions, the whole thing falling apart and the type of people who were in attendance I gotta say it the whole place had the feeling of "28 days later" about it.

For the lady mentioned above this obviously wasnt a good thing and really hope she will be ok but as a person who is completely pissed of with how totally corporate and controlled ****** and Electric Picnic are I must say this anarchy of this festival somewhat restored my faith in music (I know a weird statement to make).
It would seem there are still people out there who arent prepared to conform to what now passes for a gig/rave/festival or whatever you want to call it and I salute them.
Advertisement
17-07-2007, 11:07   #10
Code

I was at this festival and also played on Saturday night and I have to say it was one of the best festivals I've been at in this country.

Obviously the incident with the tractor was really bad - I don't know the exact details but I suppose the blame does lie on the shoulders of the organisers. I'm sure they feel terrible about what happened ...

apart from that though, I wouldn't have too many complaints ... as for those giving out about the toilets... IT'S A FESTIVAL - when do you ever remember any festival having nice toilets ?????!!!!!

If you want a nice toilet, stay at home.

And as for unattended children playing around them - that's the fault of the parents, not the festival organisers.

You know what the festival is like now, so you don't have to come back if you don't want to but if you want to hear good music in a beautiful part of the country and meet some good people then see you next year
17-07-2007, 14:22   #11
Hoochiemama

yeah it was badly organised, yeah some idiots got the tractor, blah blah blah. These things happen, eg - tents on fire at ******. but i have to say it was a brilliant festival. fookin brilliant. there was no restrictions to it at all so it made a great change. You could bring drink into the festival (unlike most festivals where you cant so the organisers can make more money), bottles, stoves, bbqs. i have to say although it was a bit badly organised, it was class and part of the magic and the best €50 i ever spent on a festival. (what were u expecting for 50 sheets, sure most of that goes to the goverment)
17-07-2007, 14:57   #12
carlos@gigevent

Gotta say, I enjoyed it all thoroughly. Wasn't expecting too much in the way of toilet facilities in the first place, and a few of us agreed (ladies included) that those in place seemed to fare out better by the end of the weekend than the porta-loo's did last year...

From the little I do know about the festival, it is organised by a very small team, who by and large do a great job at putting on a super weekend's entertainment. The weather was against them, with the mud stopping traffic and deliveries (of toilets amongst other things) from getting into the site, but you do the best you can in that situation.

The music was fantastic again. Mainstage was great (Skatalites, Intinn, Wiggle, Los Langeros, Jinx Lennon...). D'n'B & Reggae tents were superb too. I caught Halfdutch rockin' the Alphabet stage, she plays some funky ass **** it's gotta be said, respect, but managed to miss Ollie & PCP's 6 hr set..fook. So yeah it's a small festival, but there are so many class acts there, you won't catch them all. I did catch a movie which was a nice rest even though me arse was wet.

The crowd were mad bastards, but the nicest sort. I didn't see any hassle at all over the three days, and only heard about the tractor incident on Sunday morning, (but the only first hand account I have is from someone who was on acid at the time, and was still tripping when he was telling me the story, so I'm sure other people would have a better grasp of the facts than I do...) I think over all it was a pretty peaceful affair with the security being very low key and non intrusive.

Lookin' forward to next year cheers
17-07-2007, 15:14   #13
planetolig

I know the pregnant girl who was in the tent, i called to see her last night and she is incredibly shook up and traumatised. it is a miracle nobody was killed in this incident, but it is a nightmare for this girl and her parter. she was in her tent early to sleep when they heard the noise of a tractor coming towards them, they had to be cut out of the tent and marquee which was also knocked on top of them. the organisers didnt seem too bothered and were totally unhelpful, the first person who came along couldnt even speak english. they didnt ring the hospital to see how she was and when she came back the next day with the gardai, the accident site had been cleared (including all their stuff), i was at mantua last year and couldnt comment them enough for what they do but to leave a tractor unattended with its keys in adjacent to a campsite where lots of revellers will be is criminal. i hope whoevers responsible for this will be brought to blame, we all know what its like to have a weekend ruined , this girls was and the next while will be really tough for her, until she starts to recover froom this deeply traumatising event, can you imagine a runaway tractor crashing into your tent and knocking a marquee on top of it all to be them treated nochalantly by the people who whould have been ensuring your safety????
17-07-2007, 17:49   #14
hot2def

no, I'm sorry, I am not buying this loved up, best-festival-ever, chillout man line.

I know toilets are never nice at festivals, however portaloos contain chemicals to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases, and are self contained. A pit dug UPHILL from the Alphabet tent, plus some campers tents on boggy ground is a MAJOR health hazard.

It's not a money issue, its a health issue. And I didn't pay "fifty sheets" because a) we don't use paper money for 1 euros and b) I was working at the event, with a reasonable expectation of facilities being provided. The "non-intrusive" security could easily resulted in the serious injury or death of that pregnant lady. I doubt there will be another Mantua after that, so everyone will just have to get ripped at home, safely.
17-07-2007, 18:39   #15
JakeLuxor

I was completely pissed off when I got onto the site and heard about that poor woman.
I hope Mantua (who ever they are) are honourable people and stand up and try to make amends to this woman.

But as for the rest of your concerns, for fecks sake fella live a little!
Mantua (whoever they are) put on the type of event that we can usually only dream about in Ireland.
Yes it was completely different to Oxygen or Electric Picnic, but thats the whole point of it.
If you want one of those controlled "safe" festivals then go to Oxygen or Electric Picnic, theres no harm in that at all lll be at Electric Picnic myself this year.
But let the rest of us take out chances and enjoy the sort of event and music we are into.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion