Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mahon Tribunal

Options
  • 25-05-2007 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Listening to the latest polls in recent days and the fact that they are all indicating that Bertie will win out again, I cannot help but think of what Bertie has to do to actually lose popularity.
    Now I'm not anti Fianna Fail - I actually voted for them on a personal vote. But after an awful lot of things going badly in recent years - poor use of the celtic tiger revenue, public sector pay out of line, job losses on top of the very poor start to the campaign in which Bertie seemed to rush into calling it at the last minute.
    Something good happens - Bertie gets the bounce, something bad happens Bertie is not effected (well longer term anyway)
    It could be that the opposition is unconvincing. Personally I found Enda Kennys "contract" a bit of a silly stunt and demeaned things a bit. None of the previous governments needed a contract like that.

I reckon that Bertie would have to be caught clearly on CCTV mugging someone for him to drop in popularity and even at that he would not drop too much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Be found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy." to borrow a from another politican (who was talking about his own popularity).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

For me personally, I agree with your comment on the stunt from FG. I found Enda Kenny to be nothing but patronising and sneery throughout the campaign, and my dislike for the FG party actually grew over the course of this election. This was not helped by the fact that the campaigners for FG who knocked at my door were arrogant and dismissive.
    On the other hand, I still find Bertie and my own local FF people to have a certain level of humility (Maybe not the right word). There is no denying that some great things have happened in Ireland over the past number of years, and I dont get the feel from FF that they just expected to be voted back in, I do think they fought for whatever votes they get in this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Archeron wrote:
    For me personally, I agree with your comment on the stunt from FG. I found Enda Kenny to be nothing but patronising and sneery throughout the campaign, and my dislike for the FG party actually grew over the course of this election. This was not helped by the fact that the campaigners for FG who knocked at my door were arrogant and dismissive.
    On the other hand, I still find Bertie and my own local FF people to have a certain level of humility (Maybe not the right word). There is no denying that some great things have happened in Ireland over the past number of years, and I dont get the feel from FF that they just expected to be voted back in, I do think they fought for whatever votes they get in this campaign.

Not living in Ireland so havent seen all the hype and so on. But whenever I did see Enda Kenny I thought pretty much along the same lines as yourself. The guy just came across as an idiot.

I think Bertie is just the end product of Irish thinking, as long as you're a "Nice lad" you dont have to worry too much. All in all times have been good in Ireland so most people havent had to fret too much. If things turn bad then I'm sure opinion of him would change drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

I don't know if there really is anything he could do to bring his popularity down he is pretty much Charlie Haughey Mark 2 at this stage, he will always be loved even if something that proves him to be dodgy comes out at some stage he'll always be considered a great leader and a man of the people

I never used to like Enda Kenny but I have grown to respect him over the last year or so and i do think he would make a good leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr.Orange

For me Enda Kenny just doesn't come across as someone who could run a country. Maybe i'm totally wrong and he would be better suited than Bertie but for most Irish people it's about personality, as that draws a lot of confidence.
    In the debate last week with Bertie and Enda, i thought Enda came across as too "desperate" to get the job, maybe that has something to do with it. Bertie just seemed comfortable and confident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

'Bertie' s popularity has more to do with the Irish psyche than the man himself.

Apathy and ignorance gets him through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Maccattack wrote:
    'Bertie' s popularity has more to do with the Irish psyche than the man himself.

Yep, for all our whining and moaning about americans voting Bush in what do we do - vote another affable simple chap to run the country. Perhaps there's sense of well-being in knowing that the guy running things is less intelligent than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ainemolloy1

Very disappointed to hear the early results on RTE. I don't have a problem with Fianna Fail per se. But i do have a problem with a party that is in bed with vested interest that keep our country from progressing. I always just vote for the smaller parties for the sake of democracy. 15 years with the same old faces is no good for democracy.

Every time I turn on the radio I hear people complaining (and rightly so ) about the allowance for carers, the apartheid health care system, the crammed prefabs that pass for classrooms, the rip off prices, the bad planning etc etc...

But I wonder where all that anger goes on polling day. For me Bertie is the master politician as he has made a career out of sitting on the fence. He is now it seems untouchable, and it reminds me of in previous years when politicians with very dubious characters regarding their tax affairs ,crooks basically topped the poll in their areas, I always found that very bizarre. Not that I think Bertie is a crook, it's the power and not the money Bertie likes.

So finally here are the 3 ways Bertie could fall out of favour with the Paddy's over the next 5 years:

1. Take off of German Economy = interests rate going through the roof = property crash (note there has been around 40 property booms in Europe since WWII, all crashed and burned, no soft landings) = horrendous recession as the vast amount of new jobs in the last 5 years, for men have been directly in the construction industry, and for women in the public services ( paid for by property related taxes) = Bye Bye Bertie

2. Value of the dollar slides to 1.5 against the Euro = much higher costs for US multinationals for no added productivity (nurses?). (2,000,000 people working in Ireland, 100,000 in multinationals producing over 85% of exports, what the heck is everybody else doing?) = Bye Bye US multinationals = Bye Bye Bertie

3. Equalization of EU corporate taxes, new french premier is making noises about this. (Irish politicians saying they will veto this, but if France starts making enough noise and Germany does the same , methinks Irish politicians will be shouting at the wind.) = Bye Bye US multinationals = Bye Bye Bertie

But nobody wants to hear this of course, and the majority of economists put on the telly / radio work for banks (mortgages?).

Of course if none of this happens in 5 years time, you will see a 20 foot statue of a happy go lucky Bertie with an empty suitcase, except for his lunch money on O'Connell street. Of course you'll have to pay a toll to get on to O'Connell street then.

Seriously though I voted against the government as the opposition were saying (quietly) the same kind of things. I think it's a missed opportunity!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Maybe if he spoke proper he might loose popularity? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

The simple answer is that he would have to sleep with Mary Harney, video tape it and release it on the interweb!

Actually come to think of it this would probably boost his popularity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Maccattack wrote:

Amen to that

There almost seems to be a level of resentment towards the opposition of trying to remove FF from power, as if this was some how an unfair or low thing to do. It reminded me of the backlash towards the paper that published the photos of the gay priest.

The concept of a working democracy seems to be lost on a lot of Irish people, that these people are only in these jobs as representatives of us. Its as if people think that everyone should just leave Bertie and Co alone to live their lives (in government)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Yeah I am very interested in Politics, but I pay zero attention to Irish politics, its too frustrating.

If you can sit down and have a pint with the politician and he has a full head of hair, thats good enough for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

jonny72 wrote:
    Yeah I am very interested in Politics, but I pay zero attention to Irish politics, its too frustrating.

If you can sit down and have a pint with the politician and he has a full head of hair, thats good enough for most people.
    It doesn't even have to be a nice head of hair.
    This guy topped the poll in Clare.
    index.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

It's the old Fianna Fail tactic. The whole Bertie scandal played right into their hands. If there's one thing FF have always thrived on over the years it's having a good grievance to get the diehards to stick with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

The first person (of the Irish persuasion that is) that asks me how us stupid Americans re-elected Dubya is going to get an ear-full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

The Mahon tribunal resumes. More **** hits the fan.

Ahern will not be leading this country in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wasn't it handy how the tribunal was suspended till after the election;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus the first day of resumption of the Mahon Tribunial and already his account of things is unravelling. If this keeps up it will be Taoiseach Biffo when the new Dail sits.

I found this especially interesting from that article.
    Mr O'Neill also said there is very little documentary evidence to support Mr Ahern's about the source of the five lodgements totalling over £116,000.

Surely if you were in that position you would make sure that you had all the documents in place to confirm these payments were above board?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

If things keep going this way (as in the mahon tribunal continually finding discrepancies such as this) and he doesnt step down or isnt made to step down, I will never be happier to be leaving this country in not such a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Facinating stuff today and I've a suspicion his ex is going to get dumped on from a great height. Amused to hear Aherns council moaning about the media being more intersted in the stuff that casts suspicion on Bertie than the material that backs his version of events. Clearly they know nothing of journalism or how stuff gets found out or at least they pretend to be idiots.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'd say Bertie might go sooner then later if the alligations continue to grow and I don't want to hear him blathering on about oh "I was going through a painful seperation" crap, so we might see the wurlus in charge sooner then we think.

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There's coverage of an accusation by Bertie's lawyer in today's Examiner when he accused the tribunal was "interfering with the democratic process....."

I thought they did that three weeks ago when they deferred the hearings involving Bertie ? "Vote first - THEN we'll tell you whether he is a complete crook or a just a dodgy chancer" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

[My old boss] he fired people left right and centre

He's completely different to Bertie, so.......despite complete screw-ups and inertia in telecommunications regulation, eVoting and numerous other areas, Bertie (to my knowledge) hasn't fired the people that are supposedly responsible for those areas.

You gotta admit that it was a nice stroke by FF to get back in before the **** begins to hit the fan, though.......now we know what the dawn rush to the Park was all about......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

A thread was closed in the General Election forum which was discussing the Mahon Tribunal and we were directed to the main Politics forum here, but I can't find an existing thread on the Mahon Tribunal if I have missed one please merge.

So I will repost my previous reply to Tristrame for him to reply here
    Originally Posted by Tristrame
    It's not flawed unless of course you don't believe in due process and believe instead that your conviction is infallable and lets make no mistake about it you are convicting ahern here with scant access to all of the facts save for deliberately sensationalised newspaper selling leaks.

What due process is it you speak of Tristrame is it the same due process that was afforded to Ray Burke, Ivor Callely or Michael Lowry? You see the problem is these TD's didn't need a Tribunal to finish and make findings to force them to resign, I mean Bertie accepted Ivor Callely's resignation for having a free paint job. Are you suggesting Bertie is entitled to more due process than Ray Burke or Ivor Callely were?

Without access to whatever due process yet to be heard you are drawing your own conclusions.You are of course entitled to do this.

I am drawing no more conclusions than Bertie did when allegations were made againt Ivor Callely!

See what I mean,do you have a direct line to the opposing sides pc/data and file boxes then? Or are you just using the selective tit bits you can glean from media leaks and satisfying your already made up mind?

Now let me make this very clear Tristrame my opinion here is not based on any newspaper reports, it is based on the transcript from the tribunal and the press release which Bertie released. These are available to anyone, I have linked to both in previous posts. So please stop trying to imply my posts are as a result of reports I have read elsewhere, I'm not sure what your opinon is of me (although I have a good idea) but I do have the intelligence to read transcripts and statments and form MY OWN opinion, if you are hinting otherwise I would rather you just came out and said it.

Oh so here I see that you are just just blatantly surmising your opinion based on two different collations of information.
    1. Aherns answers to media questions and 2.Selected new questions as reported and yet unanswered in the tribunal.
    The problem with that is your surmise is flawed because you are using legitimate answers to one set of questions as an assumption that legitimate answers to new questions in the tribunal don't exist..
    The instant difficulty I find with that analysis is that Aherns team will have to put their case.
    The nature of the tribunal is such that accusations can be outed sans rebuttal like this almost ad infinitum untill it is time for the other side of the case to be heard.

Basing a kangeroo court style commentary on Aherns activities on that is laughably unfair and prejudiced.
    It's prejudiced of course because it treats the questions as rhetorical ,convicts the accused and devoids itself of a need to hear the other side, in that it implies the mind is already made up.

Where is the evidence of a dollar transaction by the way besides a question asked as to whether there was one ? And who introduced this dollar anomoly in the first place? It was a lawyer for the tribunal wasn't it-ergo it's Aherns lawers at the tribunal who have yet to explain this. Why didnt they check rubles and Rand as well as all the other available currencies? Have they any paperwork in relation to a dollar transaction and why are you running with that? Is your analysis so brilliant that its better than a tribunal outcome complete with two sides of a story?

My opinion as I stated above is based on what Senior Council for the Tribunal have stated the Tribunal have uncovered during their investigation and what they say Bertie stated during communication with the tribunal which included written communication and an interview. Mr Ahern my not have publically put his case to the tribunal but he has put his case to the public in the form of his statement and he has also put it privately to the Tribunal in both cases he says he did not deal in Dollars and that the money lodged on the 5th of December was in Pounds and Punts. I'm not sure if you aware of the procedure at the bank in relation to recording foreign exchange but they recorded the amount of Sterling exchanged and they recorded the amount of all other currencies exchanged also, the amount of sterling exchanged on the 5th of December 1994 was equal to £1,921.55 punts hence Bertie could not have exchanged what he said he did on that date, the records however show that the ammount of other currencies exchanged that day equalled £28,969.34 punts this would allow for a transaction of $45,000 and other non-sterling exchanges to a value of £196.44 punts

My analysis is based on the bank records provided to the Tribunal which they have outlined in their opening statement and the reports from the Tribunal of interview's and written communication with Bertie and also his statement.

It's not coming across that you are making an accusation, you are giving us your conviction that that is the case arising out of your own one sided conclusion of a yet unanswered tribunal allegation.

Well I am looking at all the evidence which I can find and I am forming an opinion as Bertie did with Ivor.

In relation to how the sum could have been a mixture of Punt and Pounds remember they didn't accept less than £1 and everyone agrees on the dates and the maximum amount of Sterling was £2003 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tristame wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irish1
    But the facts don't allow for that, what mixture would equal £28,772.90 Punts with a maximum of Sterling worth £1921.55 punts?
    Some of his own money? The money converted on the tuesday instead of the wenesday?
    Buying the paper?
    Celia dropping by land of leather and picking up a sofa that she forgot about ?
    Are you seriously suggesting Celia went to the bank, exchanged foreign cash, took the huge suitcase of cash, went next door to the newsagents with that huge suitcase of cash, bought a paper (or went to land of leather and bought a couch), and went back to the bank and lodged the remaining amount?
    Is that the best you can do?
    The wrong account being looked at.
    More rubbish. The tribunal identified this account because of the large sums of money that flowed through it during the relevant time frame. How could they possibly have picked the wrong account? If they did, that would be even worse for Ahern and Co as it would mean that he has other accounts that he did not reveal to the tribunal that are also experiencing huge, unexplained cash transactions. It would also not answer the $45,000 question. Where did that money come from if Bertie has adamantly claimed he never dealt in large Dollar amounts?

Admit it mate, There are no explanations that will be consistent with the stories Bertrude has already told the public. He has dug himself into a huge hole and he is clearly in there stuck in it. A lot of his supporters are standing around the edges denying that the hole exists, calling it a 'slight dent', after all, what is a hole anyway?'
    Lets hear the discourse at the tribunal first shall we?I know as little as you but I won't be drawing the same inferences as you.My mind is far from made up on this matter unlike yours.
    I can predict the discourse in the tribunal over the next few months or years. More damning evidence about Aherns finances followed by more accusations by Bertie's legal team about bias and shenanigans meanwhile Bertie either ignores the issue, or makes up increasingly convoluted 'explanations' about each accummulating revelation, each one more improbably than the last, none of them with any documentary evidence to back them up. There will be a few legal actions from 'Bertie's team' to slow up the process and attempt to deny access to accounts.
    But they are according to Bertie two different things.
    Callelly accepted a write off of work done on his own house by strangers whereas Aherns GF administered monies on a house that was to be made available for Ahern to rent by a close friend and possibly own when it suited him to buy it,if it suited him.
    Do you know what that is? Pure guff. First of all, bertie's close friend didn't even own that house at the time, so CL was apparently administering money from a third party to do up a house owned by a 4th party who nobody is claiming was a 'close friend' of anybody involved in this.
    Anyway, it's beginning to look as though that money from Mr Wall never existed in the first place and was just an excuse to explain large expenditures over that period.
    T

Threads merged.

Irish1 I already replied to you but you chose to ignore it in that thread. I note that you've rehashed the same information that is the basis for your conviction newly in this thread ie you claimed I didnt reply in the other thread (but I did) and now here you are giving a new,more than one sentence retort to the reply.
    You are of course entitled to form a one way tunnel visioned view based on the incomplete workings of the tribunal.
    You are also entitled to mix and match the replies to the press questions that Ahern gave with the incomplete information you have on the tribunal.

I don't see how it is possible though to form a fair and accurate opinion without recourse to the as yet considerably unfinished workings of the tribunal in the matter.

akrasia wrote:
    Are you seriously suggesting Celia went to the bank, exchanged foreign cash, took the huge suitcase of cash, went next door to the newsagents with that huge suitcase of cash, bought a paper (or went to land of leather and bought a couch), and went back to the bank and lodged the remaining amount?
    Is that the best you can do?
    Well she could have,there was no barring order imposed on her at either establishments that I'm aware of.
    Furthermore if you go back and read my replies to the GE thread,it's no worse or better than the anti Bertie gang's replies except it of course assumes one thing,one very important thing-the tribunal is where Ahern has to reply to the new questions posed by the tribunal and since he hasn't-then everything,absolutely everything here to the open minded is pure speculation.
    More rubbish. The tribunal identified this account because of the large sums of money that flowed through it during the relevant time frame. How could they possibly have picked the wrong account?
    It's hardly rubbish,it's just valid speculation similar in spirit to your own (except of course yours is the guilty untill proven innocent variety).
    For example Celia did open a new a/c to deal with the house but that wouldnt proclude her initially doing an FEX transaction in her ordinary a/c.
    Perhaps she wanted to go to land of leather that day and had to use some of the money with her own chequebook before they would issue one on the new a/c.

Theres a myriad of unknowns as yet to be discussed in the tribunal.
    Admit it mate, There are no explanations that will be consistent with the stories Bertrude has already told the public.
    Well I've no problem with your entitlement to your speculation and you seem to have plenty with mine.
    I wonder why ? Mind already made up perhaps?
    Preconceived opinion perhaps?
    Guilty untill proven innocent perhaps?
    I can predict the discourse in the tribunal over the next few months or years.
    Would you like to do my lotto numbers? On second thoughts you're ok :)
    First of all, bertie's close friend didn't even own that house at the time, so CL was apparently administering money from a third party to do up a house owned by a 4th party who nobody is claiming was a 'close friend' of anybody involved in this.
    Allow me to counter speculate so.
    One speculation being as valid or usefull as the next.
    Bertie outsourced the finding of the house to Wall who may or may not have had a contract signed on this house at the time.
    This outsourcing was open ended and the discussion included the possibility that Ahern might buy the house.
    Ahern and Wall trusted Celia to do the interior designing on whatever house Wall sourced.
    None of that would be illegal,quirky yes,unusual maybe, but illegal no.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tristrame wrote:
    Threads merged.

Irish1 I already replied to you but you chose to ignore it in that thread..
    You did not reply to the post in full you completely ignored most of it, the fact is you are saying Bertie is entitled to something he didn't afford Ray Burke Or Ivor Callely, of course you don't have to reply to all the post you ignore the parts you don't want to answer thats up to you. As for the last reply about the mix of pounds and punts you are ignoring the Fact that Celia said it was Sterling and Bertie said it was Sterling, Bertie only changed his story when it was put to him that the figures didn't support it, all that along with the fact he said he received £30,000 for a refit of a house from Mr Wall, even though Mr Wall didn't own the house, days before the transaction would I think lead anyone who is not biased in favour of Bertie to see that a story of him lodging £2003 Sterling and the rest in Puunts doesn't add up, I mean where would the £26,000 odd punts have come from??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Tristrame wrote:
    One speculation being as valid or usefull as the next.
    Bertie outsourced the finding of the house to Wall who may or may not have had a contract signed on this house at the time.
    This outsourcing was open ended and the discussion included the possibility that Ahern might buy the house.
    Ahern and Wall trusted Celia to do the interior designing on whatever house Wall sourced.
    None of that would be illegal,quirky yes,unusual maybe, but illegal no.

The house while an odd arrangement is a side issue

Bertie has large sums of money going through accounts controlled by Celia Larkin.
    Bertie has to explain where this money came from so as the tribunal can ascertain if the money came from Owen O'Callaghan
    Berties explanations are that he saved the money in a safe(although no one else ever seen this money or part of it either in drumcondra or his ministerial office where he claims to have had it)
    Berties next explanation is that Wall gave him £30,000 sterling in cash to do up a house which he claims Celia larkin Deposited except the deposit does not equate to the £30,000 sterling it oddly does equate to $45,000 but Bertie denies ever having large amounts of dollars.
    The question arises if this is not the £30,000 Wall money what money is it and if it is what hapened to the rest of it.
    Berties other explanations are that his friends had a whip around (although one of those denies ever giving money to Ahern and claims the money was for FF)
    And then there is the Manchester Money.

While I agree that in normal circumstances the tribunal should be allowed to get on with its business these are not normal circumstances unfortunately or fortunately these issues are in the public domain and they are likely to have an affect on the forming of a new Government.
    Ahern has already offered an explanation during the election and it was accepted by everyone( or virtually everyone) however the tribunal has revealed that the explanation offered by Ahern during the election does not stand up to the scrutiny that the tribunal is able to offer as such Ahern must offer an reasonable explanation for the differences in his story or he should step aside.
    The election is out of the way now and I hope that the understandable reluctance shown by the opposition parties to engage these matters during an election will now stop and that they will try and hold Mr Ahern to account these matters are so serious that we can not wait for the tribunal to finish its work which could take years.

From listening to the last word yesterday,I'd say Tony Gregory is good to go depending on what he's offered-he's not worried about the speculation,he wants the tribunal to deal with it properly-thats what its there for.
    McGrath is an unknown but supposed to be close to Gregory so perhaps willing.

The others (2 pd's,Flynn and Healy-Rae are a given)
    Thats 83 and make Lowry Ceann Comhairle and they're in business as regards electing Ahern-also given that the others 83 wont include Sinn Féin and they would need them.

There is a precedent for such a tight operation to survive.
    The greens are better off outside if they dont want to be decimated as are labour.

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    You did not reply to the post in full you completely ignored most of it, the fact is you are saying Bertie is entitled to something he didn't afford Ray Burke Or Ivor Callely, of course you don't have to reply to all the post you ignore the parts you don't want to answer thats up to you.
    But I did reply regarding callely see post 140
    Ray Burke resigned before Flood was set up and Lowry wasn't in Aherns cabinet ever.
    As for the last reply about the mix of pounds and punts you are ignoring the Fact that Celia said it was Sterling and Bertie said it was Sterling, Bertie only changed his story when it was put to him that the figures didn't support it, all that along with the fact he said he received £30,000 for a refit of a house from Mr Wall, even though Mr Wall didn't own the house, days before the transaction would I think lead anyone who is not biased in favour of Bertie to see that a story of him lodging £2003 Sterling and the rest in Puunts doesn't add up, I mean where would the £26,000 odd punts have come from??
    You see here you go again expecting me to have a crystal ball and see what Ahern will say to the tribunal when he will have to reply to these new questions first posed in the tribunal this week.
    His replies to date have been to media questions which despite what they might think are not the legal mechanism for dealing with the newer queries.
    There are others who have had to answer questions posed in the tribunal and subject to the time frame of the tribunal they were able to walk away from it having given satisfactory answers.
    In your case you want it all now now now,you are so convinced of your viewpoint.
    Thats the epitome of unfairness but how and ever to each their own I say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement