Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam institute: what its reputation?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 2:41pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭

im currently looking at a Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising with E-Commerce and arranged Work Experience at Fitzwilliam institute. The course content of which seems like exactly what im looking for inc. marketing, PR, advertising and a work placement however i dont know in what regard the Fitzwilliam institute is held. also im extremly qurious as to how recognised the qualifications are which is awarded by the Association of Advertisers in Ireland.

if anyone had any info on either the institute or the association of advertisers reputation it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭stopper

You might want to have a look at this:

http://www.fashion.ie/forums/about1055.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bubetube

does anyone know the reputation of the place? Thinking of doing the course in event management but don't know how respected it is. Any feedback would be appreciated.ta very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Evenescent

bubetube wrote: »
    does anyone know the reputation of the place? Thinking of doing the course in event management but don't know how respected it is. Any feedback would be appreciated.ta very much

I too was looking at this course.

Anyone any feedback ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 linda.wilcock

snip

I studied here and found the course to be excellent. I got a job after the course on the work experience module (8 years ago now). Facilites were a bit poor though as they had more students than they expected so our course was carried out away from usual campus. Also course I did is no longer running so cant comment on this one..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ladyface

Hi there,

I completed the Online Advertising diploma there last February.

Overall, I didn't think the course was great. Classes were fairly unorganised, facilities were poor and we all had 'issues' with our Work placement officer. The content of the course itself is very broad, but I suppose it would give you a good basic understanding of the area. It is also very expensive, considering there were only 3 months of classes (full-time) and 3 months were unpaid work experience.

Having said all that I did end up getting a job out of it! However, it may be worth looking at choosing a FAS course (much cheaper- and free in you happen to be on the dole!) and then try and get work experience in the area your interested in- seems to be the best way to get your foot in the door. Best of luck anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement