Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Theroux BBC 2 wrestling documentary

Options
  • 02-04-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_6hBJCy-g The other parts are availalbe on the right hand side.

I knows theres a video thread but in case this goes unnoticed, i thought it was worth putting up a thread.

Louis Theroux and wrestling (2000 WCW style) is pure entertainment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Remember seeing that on tv a few years back. He looks so out of place, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

A favorite line of mine is when Louis says " im very, VERY delicate!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, I remember catching the end of this a good few years ago. Just watching it now, I love Raven, he's gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think I saw this years ago. Doesn't he end up puking his guts out at some point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

watched this years ago but was lookin for it only last week and couldnt find it...thanks for sharing..Raven ruined him at the beginning
    at one point he implies that wrestling is fake and asks someone in WCW about it.They make him work out with them and they dont let him quit even though hes about to get sick.
    His attempts at promos are shocking!!!

• Advertisement

He never implied wrestling was fake, he just asked the head of the WCW training school if the wrestlers went into the ring knowing who was going to win. Yer man took it as some sort of insult and made him go through what someone wanting to become a wrestler would have to go through. Bleedin hardcore wrestlers though, they were the nicest guys on the show, but also untalented hillbillys!

I spotted Finlay, Elix Skipper and Chuck Palumbo, an interview with Finlay would've been interesting to watch now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:

I spotted Elix Skipper and Chuck Palumbo, an interview with Finlay would've been interesting to watch now

i spotted those two aswell.Didnt see finlay anywhere een though I was on the lookout for WCW wrestlers of that time

When yer man first went into the WCW arena, I think Finlay was leaning on a counter. I assumed it was Finlay at the time anyway, the quality probably makes it kind of hard to be certain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Fozzy wrote:
    When yer man first went into the WCW arena, I think Finlay was leaning on a counter. I assumed it was Finlay at the time anyway, the quality probably makes it kind of hard to be certain!

i dout it , finley would be more like a trainer . oh maybe was him . when i met him in dublin he was real into the diva match cause he still trains them and hasnbeen for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Ya saw this as well a few years back and again recently on youtube. Who is the German guy he talks to backstage at Nitro? I think his ring name was Alex Right?

• Advertisement

Alex Wright. His da was an English wrestler called Steve Wright, I think Finlay feuded with him at one stage. He was re-debuting as "Berlyn" at the time of the documentary, but the Columbine shooting happened shortly after and he was taken off tv because his look was similar to the killers (if I'm remembering right). I think when he re-debuted again, Buff Bagwell no-showed some events so he wouldn't be beaten by the guy, and Jim Duggan no-sold him in one of his first matches with the new character, which kinda killed any push he'd have got. Unfortunate, cos from what I've seen of him he has talent

Advertisement