Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting - Does anyone know this guy

Options
  • 26-03-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi

While passing through Cork a few months back there was a Cork radio station
    interviewing a guy who helped people give up smoking through the power of suggestion. On the show a few people had rung in telling their experience with
    him. I rang him to find out more details and visted his website before christmas
    with the intention of making an appointment.
    The long and short of it is my mobile packed up and i lost the number and can't remember the website address or even his name.

All I know is, these days he holds sessions in a Waterford hotel and I think in Bandon as well. I remember him saying he only holds the sessions in the south east these days.

If anyone has used him or knows of him could you let me know

Thanks

okee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Was it Dr Alan Carr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

boreds wrote:
    Was it Dr Alan Carr?

Allen Carr, passed away last year after a battle with lung cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Is he the guy that sticks little plasters on your ear they contain some kind of magnet u ring him and ask him for an appointment and he says ill schedule u a date in 1 months time and in the meantime smoke as much as u can but when u have met him u wont smoke again!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

No, but it sounds interesting :eek: :)

boreds, no it's not Allen Carr.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

okee wrote:
    Hi

While passing through Cork a few months back there was a Cork radio station
    interviewing a guy who helped people give up smoking through the power of suggestion. On the show a few people had rung in telling their experience with
    him. I rang him to find out more details and visted his website before christmas
    with the intention of making an appointment.
    The long and short of it is my mobile packed up and i lost the number and can't remember the website address or even his name.

All I know is, these days he holds sessions in a Waterford hotel and I think in Bandon as well. I remember him saying he only holds the sessions in the south east these days.

If anyone has used him or knows of him could you let me know

Thanks

okee
    tried allen carr and hundred of other things then found the wed site whyquit.com gave up after smoking for thirty years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Found his number and details at last. It's John Cleary, website johncleary.ie

Advertisement