Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dublin bus route 151: Grangecastle to Docklands station

Options
  • 22-03-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I see in the indo there is an add today heralding the opening of the new 151 bus route. Anyone know if this route is faster in practice than the 51b\c, 68 and 69 bus routes from clondalkin (nangor road) into town? Am well sick of the monestry road bottle neck, followed by inchicore. At least there is a qbc up to the longmile road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

It should be faster, it is QBC all up Cork Street. No QBC on Crumlin Road but it usually moves fast enough. QBC Starts again on Drimnagh Road all the way up to Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well i tried it on the way home from work and it was crap. waiting for 25mins on Burg Key for a bus. Bus then took 30 mins to get from there to Kevin St and another half an hour from there to my stop on the nangor road.
    Asked the driver when i was getting off is it usually that bad and he said not usually as bad as today (city centre traffic was atrocious). He said it took him 25mins yesterday from Docklands station to Dame St. and after that its normally grand. He said it flies in in the morning though that they are in so fast they get a 30 wait untill they have to come out again. so might try it tomorrow morning and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talking to a driver, he said they were averaging 60 minutes against a scheduled 75 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How does the 151 get from Tara Street to Kevin Street / Patrick Street / O'Connell Bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Victor wrote:
    How does the 151 get from Tara Street to Kevin Street / Patrick Street / O'Connell Bridge?

Outbound Routing:
    Sheriff Street, Guild Street, Mayor Street, Commons Street, Custom House Quay, Matt Talbot Memorial Bridge, George's Quay, Burgh Quay, D'Olier Street, College Street, College Green, Dame Street, Lord Edward Street, Werburgh Street, Bride Street, Kevin Street, Dean Street and then via South Clondalkin QBC.

Inbound Routing:
    South Clondalkin QBC, Dean Street, Patrick Street, Nicholas Street, Winetavern Street, Ormond Quay, Bachelor's Walk, Eden Quay, Custom House Quay, North Wall, New Wapping Street, Sheriff Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

i think it goes Dame St.->Werburgh St on the way out of town, and patrick st.->Ormond quay coming into town. Thats the impression I get from the timetable, but I haven't used the service yet.

Advertisement