Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 1x18 - "Parasite" - *SPOILERS WITHIN*

Options
  • 04-03-2007 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

THIS THREAD WILL INEVITABLY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN S0E18 - PARASITE. MAJOR PLOT DETAILS WILL BE DISCUSSED AND IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DON'T READ THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE YET TO SEE THE EPISODE.

Airdate: Monday March 5, 2007

What TV.com says - Program synopsis
    As the election and destruction of New York approach, Nathan meets up with Linderman. Hiro attempts to steal the sword heading him in a new path. Suresh and Sylar make progress with the list at great cost. D.L. begins to suspect problems at home. Isaac paints an even more terrible painting. A new hero, Candice Wilmer, appears. Simone isn't dead yet.

Enjoy the episode guys, it will be really interesting to see if it can somehow surpass the quality of last weeks episode!

What did you think of this weeks episode? 84 votes

Amazing!
    0%
    Great.
    44%
    TwoShedsJacksongandalfmewsoIvanDSScrufflaykeGerardKeatingKevokjor elKur4mAAdMMMwoodygDodgeKanneySleepymatrimthelordofcheesedoonothingTony H 37 votes
    Okay
    52%
    roar_ieMossy MonkGoodshapeCabaalMr EGavin WBeruthielChinafootTwodogspassiveCactus ColgalactusEKRIUQPonsterBig EarsmonkeyfudgehardCopyfunky penguinthe-gingBasq 44 votes
    Bad.
    3%
    tbaTristramArmaniJeanss 3 votes
    So dreadful it felt like someone was taking a sample of my spinal fluid!
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Okay
    Ooooooh... cannae wait!

Saw the promo on YouTube the other day and looks superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i have a theory
    you know how the invisable guy(i cant think of his name) went on the run cause he was hiding someone...and they are always on simones fathers rooftop, well couldnt it mean that he could be hiding simone, and looking after he ect, cause she could be a hero as well ect. and then there is hte also theory of the shape shifter ect, in the trailer(with simon saying shoot me again, and there is a body in the background that looks like her) just my 2 cent that prob is 100% wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Okay
    You forgot the poll...

I'll stick it in later when I've seen the episode and think up something funny as the last option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Okay
    You forgot the poll...

I'll stick it in later when I've seen the episode and think up something funny as the last option.
    Sorry, didn't see your post and got there before you :)

Couldn't think of anything funny for option #5 either though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Great.
    ...truction of New York approach, Nathan meets up with Linderman. Hiro attempts to steal the sword heading him in a new path. Suresh and Sylar make progress with the list at great cost. D.L. begins to suspect problems at home. Isaac paints an even more terrible painting. A new hero, Candice Wilmer, appears. Simone isn't dead yet.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

doonothing wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    /me does same darth vader "no" scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Heh, dunno if you've seen the ep or not, but
    she does appear to be dead

****ers making us wait, is it true there's a few weeks with no more Heroes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Okay
    I shouted nooooooo when it ended! We have to wait weeks for a sylar/peter fight. We were just left with sylar slicing Peter's bangs off :D

Turns out Mohinder isn't as stupid as we thought,he knew all along. Some interesting stuff with nathan and hiro finally got his sword. Also will be interesting to see what happens with Bennett now that the company know about him.

Wasn't as good as last weeks ep but still good tv and can't believe we have to wait several weeks for the next ep! :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Okay
    This episode certainly lacked the intensity of last week's, but they certainly know how to leave you wanting more!

I liked the fact that Nathan's mother is also involved, and the Bennett reveal was handled well. As for Pete's bangs, I think this might explain the scar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

That was a cool episode

Lols at Malcolm McDowell, he only played himself in that really! :p
    "Hello, I'm a British person..."

What was the name of the new Company girl?
    She's hot, but EVIL! :o
    Pic to help, her name's Missy Peregrym, she plays Candice(?)
    Missy_Peregrym.jpg

Hero fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Great.
    Turns out Mohinder isn't as stupid as we thought,he knew all along.

We knew that he knew. If you remember back to episode 3 I think, he finds a tape of a conversation his father had with Sylar. In that conversation, Sylar gives the exact same speech about how it's their destiny to find the other heroes as he does to Mohinder outside the Motel room in 1x16.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Okay
    Cool episode.

So does it look like The Companys boss is Mr. Evil Brit?

Glad that Hero got the sword we see him with in the future and we know how peter got his scar. I wonder though if he fights back or if Sylar is interrupted somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Okay
    thought it was great. but bastards to end the episodes there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Great.
    Wow.... just Wow. Don't know about others but this episode to me was the best of this season imo. So much happened and so much got answered. They've pretty much tied up most of the storylines that where on the go. Oh and yeah Simone seems to be pretty much dead and yeah i'm guessing this is going to be the scar that Peter can't heal...

what a cliffhanger though, I don't think any other scenario for a cliffhanger would build quiet the same suspense, especially with peter mere seconds away from being dead. Oh and it seems to be looking more and more like both Ando and Hiro have powers, did you notice how when they where teleporting Ando squinted his eyes again, the same as when they where in the coach.

One question though, maybe i'm missing something, but why wasn't nathan more shocked by Peter suddenly appearing in his office? Since when does Nathan know Peter can turn invisible?

Okay
    Very good episode.. not the best of the season by any means. There's been at least 2 - 3 episodes that were stronger in my opinion with last week being the clear kick-arse out in front best episode so far.

I did however find the episode a tad slow in parts.. with the Peter - Sylar moment, Mohinder hanging from the ceiling, Ando's reveal and Sylar playing Mohinder all along being the highlights of the episode. The Bennett reveal was excellent but did suspect something along those lines would happen when Candice and her power was revealed. Bit late in the series to be introducing new heroes but hoepfully she plays a bigger part.

Didn't really like the idea of Hiro and Ando teleporting into the future.. but from what i've heard on Aint-It-Cool-News - not trying to give too much away - but we will get a glimpse into the few of the character's futures while they are there so that could be interesting.

Anyways.. great episode. I'll give it a 'Great' rating with it's slow moments taking the 'Excellent' grade away from it.

PS - did anyone else find Malcolm McDowell's scene was just a tincy bit drawn out!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Okay
    L31mr0d wrote:
    Oh and it seems to be looking more and more like both Ando and Hiro have powers, did you notice how when they where teleporting Ando squinted his eyes again, the same as when they where in the coach.

The theory was that Ando had telekenisis, so are you claiming that Ando has time travel powers too? I doubt it.

I liked it. I'd put it third, second being last weeks and first being episode 16.

Those synopsis often have one or two details that are a load of crap. What terrible painting did Isaac do? We saw his eyes glaze over but did we see any more or did I just switch off completely?

Okay
    What terrible painting did Isaac do? We saw his eyes glaze over but did we see any more or did I just switch off completely?
    Didn't he do one with what looks like someone with their skull-cap torn off (or "The Sylar" as i call it)? I presumed it was him (as when Hiro found him) when in the future, but i suppose we're led to believe it may be Peter depending on the outcome with the stuation with Sylar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ying and Yang, it wasnt the sword Hiro needed but Ando, in this series/world makes perfect sense 2 people would need each other to focus any evolutionary change. Peter has a limit to his healing i reckon hence the scar and the not dying when Sylar whips his head off.

Excellent episode, damn 7 weeks :(

kdjac

Okay
    basquille wrote:
    The Bennett reveal was excellent but did suspect something along those lines would happen when Candice and her power was revealed.
    Her commenting on Mrs. Bennetts hair was another clue too... she was studying her at that point so she could copy her later.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I can't believe they left us hanging like that :mad:

It was a good episode but that is no way to end a series. No closure at all and we've to wait about another 8 months for series 2?!

BASTARDS!

• Advertisement

Okay
    kamobe wrote:
    I can't believe they left us hanging like that :mad:

It was a good episode but that is no way to end a series. No closure at all and we've to wait about another 8 months for series 2?!

BASTARDS!
    It's just a break. A long one though... It should be back in May to finish off series 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Okay
    Eh, it's not the end of the series, just another break for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Great.
    How did the pitch from the metal thing Mohinder banged hurt Sylar's ears if he was on an IV that was supposed to suppress his Abilities

I know Sylar wasnt actually affected by the IV but would Mohinder not of copped it??

Please say he dies, he's so annoyin!

Is the break only in America? Or will it affect Global too???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Great.
    ooooooooo WOW!
    JAYSUS!
    lost aint got nothin on heroes.
    now THATS how you build up to a 7 week gap and be guaranteed of a viewer or two on the return!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great.
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Excellent episode, damn 7 weeks :(
    At least the football's back :D

Top class episode IMO. Highlight being Hiro "Flying Man!" You get a definite sense of momentum building up.

I get the feeling that if it wasn't picked up for a second series the bomb would've gone off but when they got the greenlight, they had to plan for the second series. Hence the new charachters and Hiro and Ando off to the future.
    Apparently the next episode is set 5 years from now and everybody dies!
    which means we'll be even longer waiting for
    the Soylar v Peter extravanza!

At the moment, ep 19 is listed as TBA, anywhere I look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Dodge wrote:
    Hence the new charachters and Hiro and Ando off to the future.

I bet they'll still be able to find a Nissan to drive around in....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Okay
    unreggd wrote:
    How did the pitch from the metal thing Mohinder banged hurt Sylar's ears if he was on an IV that was supposed to suppress his Abilities
    The IV was meant to induce paralysis so he couldn't move.

What does it take for peter to absorb another Heroes power? Will Peter of absorbed all those powers when Sylar grabbed him?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Great.
    Hi folks, first post here on the heroes forum, I wanted to get fully up to date so I didnt accidently read any spoilers.

I thought it was a brilliant episode, probably the best so far.
    What does it take for peter to absorb another Heroes power? Will Peter of absorbed all those powers when Sylar grabbed him?

Wouldn't it be mad if Peter absorbs all Sylars powers, kills Sylar, goes completely crazy in the process and is the one who ends up killing Isaac?

I know it would go against the Hiro knowing Peter in the future thing, unless they found a way to cure Peter after we went crazy from killing Sylar.

anyway, pure speculation on my part.

When I first started watching I thought Peter was the most annoying and boring character of the lot. Now I can't get enough of him. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Excellent episode, wouldn't say it was the best but it was up there... and what a way to leave us hanging! The new characacter is hot... but maybe that's not how she really looks, haha
    Wonder what will happen Bennet now and how did they know about Isaac & why save him from being arrested! Can't wait for the next episode....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very good episode and really loved how Sylar totally p0wned Suresh. Suresh really gave the "oh sh1t!" when he saw Sylar rise up...

Latest theory regarding the finale: Sylar kills Candice and Ted. He becomes the nuclear man. As he becomes unable to control the inner nuke, he uses Candice's power to make himself look like Peter to lure the other heroes in. In the final moments of the season, the real Peter appear and somehow saves them all, perhaps teleporting himself and Sylar into the future and/or space and letting himself return. This way he uses a variety of the heroes powers (telepathy maybe to read Sylar's power, his brother's power to fly to the scene, Hiro's power to teleport to the future, and Claire's power to absorb the nuclear blast and heal himself). Sounds good to me....

Advertisement