Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed book profiling the biggest online winners

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

As some of you may be aware, I've been putting together a book profiling the biggest winners in online poker for some time now. I posted it on 2+2 (here) and it received a great response. Through there, I have got aba20, Empire2000, Durrrr, Boosted J, Grimstarr, OMGClayAiken and TheBriuser all to appear. I'm still talking to a few more High Stakes players about appearing. I'm also talking to a few European players at the moment as well and hope to have Fuat Cann, Erik123, Sonnert etc. There will be about 20 players in all. I've also got a publishing house already interest in the project.

It will be in an interview format with detailed answers on bankroll, game theory, game selection etc etc. Does anyone here have any questions they would like to have asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flipper,

If im to be honest, this will make you a millionaire. A fantastic idea by you. Good luck with it.

Il think of questions later.

Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Super Idea, will boardsies get a discount?! :)

Best of luck with it all Flipper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

This is probably covered in your questions but I really don't know how people play online for so many hours and not suffer deep vein thrombosis or something, never mind the onset of obesity. SO my question is twofold.

How do online poker players maintain their physical health/general fitness and is it a major concern of yours/theirs?

Actually I'd be interested in some answers from some of the big online players on this forum. It amazes me to hear the hours put in.

Good luck with yer book, I hope it ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Solksjaer wrote:
    This is probably covered in your questions but I really don't know how people play online for so many hours and not suffer deep vein thrombosis or something, never mind the onset of obesity. SO my question is twofold.

How do online poker players maintain their physical health/general fitness and is it a major concern of yours/theirs?

Actually I'd be interested in some answers from some of the big online players on this forum. It amazes me to hear the hours put in.

Good luck with yer book, I hope it ends well.

LOL have you seen some of the 2+2er's ???
    I refer you to young Jimmy Fricke
    45ada9b29791a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Would be interested to see

- how many hours they put in
    - and how many tables they play
    - do they play solely one game type when they multi-table? (stictly NL Cash, or do they mix it up with omaha, or do they play omaha cash and nl tourney, etc)
    - what there hourly rates are
    - do they datamine?
    - do they use PT/PAHUD
    - Where they see poker in the next 5 years.

I'm sure you'll have covered these questions all ready, but no harm throwing them into the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

tbh I can't imagine them saying much more than, anyone who plays live for a living is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

great idea flipper,look forward to reading it

two people who i'd love to read more about,given the quality of their posts in the past and the respect they seem to command in the hsnl forum,are samoleus and bldswtrs

i know samoleus doesnt post any more,and bls never did much,but i'm sure some of the people you're already in touch with might know how to contact them.

another hsnl player who seems to have a lot of interesting stuff to say about the game is jason strassa.

anyway,gl with it,i might think of some suggestions for stuff to ask them later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

My favourite online high stakes player is PokerKong1

www.pokerkong1.no

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It's already been done sort of, check out the "In the well.. " threads in the 2+2 Small stakes forum.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3239210&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

There's entries there from aba20/sbrugby, TheBruiser, GreenPlastic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Was TexasLimitKing of FullTilt a big winner? He seemed well bankrolled at least!

How about a note on the flip side; Ed Hollis of 88% concentration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

I only have 2 questions

1. where do they play mostly? so i can avoid them

2. How do they win all the time ?

3. Whats the secret to consistant winning?

oh no, thats 3 isnt it, dammit

if i only knew how to delete stuff i could start this reply again

ah well, ok, lokk its 3 questions not 2, any 2 out of the 3 will do, now thats only fair

i cant believe that people win regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Sparky1808

Flipper,

I'd recommend trying to go after Annette_15, she has always been friendly to me at the tables of UB, No.1 in the P5 Rankings last time I checked, says it all.

...and it will be great to see from a young Scandinvian Woman's perspective. :) ...and here's hoping she's a hot wee young attractive thing :D

On a side note, fantastic idea Flipper.

I, for one will be buying it regardless of the price or discounts.

Good luck with the venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Great Idea Flipper, Samoleous would be a great player to get and I'd love to hear about the grudge match he was meant to have with KaneKungFu, could be an angle to bring in the competitive nature of the high stakes games, where all the big winners seem to like to measure their e-dicks to see who has the biggest one.

Also KKF is another player that would be interesting, he posts on 2+2 now as fish2plus2, seems to have had an interesting life so far, moved to Thailand to play Poker among other exploits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

If possible im sure Rekrul would be a great addition.Fairly outspoken and a huge winner on Stars.He also knows Elky quite well,who is also a big winner and seems to play a limitless amount of tables.

On that note could you ask Booosted J how in the name of god he plays so many tables?Hes been known to play 8 HU tables at 1 time along with several 6 max.

Edit: Dustin Dirksen also springs to mind.Has been playing the biggest games on full tilt for quite a while now.Seems like a nice guy too so he may well be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I would like a bit of background on the players. I’d like to widen the picture and ask some non-poker questions.

Name (real name):
    Weight:
    Qualification:
    Country or City Boy/Girl:
    Car / Motorbike / Bicycle:
    All Sports Played : Active
    All Sports Played : Retired
    TV / Live Sports Event You Look Forward To:
    Sporting Hero:
    Hobbies:
    Favourite Drink:
    Favourite LP / CD:
    Favourite TV:
    Books You Recommend (non-poker):
    Do You Bet on Sports?:

The reason for asking if they played sports is because many famous players are ex-sportsmen. Poker players tend to be competitive and anti-establishment.

Obviously you wouldn't lay out the responses in list form as above but would work it into an introductory paragrah or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

BlueScouse is after agreeing to be featued. I think his story will make some awesome reading. I'll post a full list of players at the end of next week. It's a sick list of players!!!

Any questions you want to ask Ed Hollis from 88% concentration?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Flipper wrote:
    BlueScouse is after agreeing to be featued. I think his story will make some awesome reading. I'll post a full list of players at the end of next week. It's a sick list of players!!!

Any questions you want to ask Ed Hollis from 88% concentration?

Does he intend growing a brain at any point in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Is Bluescouse that maniac who made and lost 200k from next to nothing in a couple of weeks? The guy with the rollercoaster blog

BobSloane wrote:
    Is Bluescouse that maniac who made and lost 200k from next to nothing in a couple of weeks? The guy with the rollercoaster blog

Yeah the 19 year old Welsh fella who took major risks and got his bankroll upto £175k ($360k) at his peak, and blew it all by January '07. Built it up and blew it all within 9 months.

The guy was always destined to go busto, I remember reading his blog when he was playing $250/$500nl on Betfair, and he raised UTG with 46o, and called a re-raise from the SB. The flop came 743, the SB bet and he put him all in, the SB had A7s and nothing came down, and the SB lifted a $60k pot. I'm uncomfortable just reading that. :D

He would certainly be a good addition to the book. Especially after him recieving an award off Blonde Poker for best blog of 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Here's some footage of the legendary Bluescouse in full flow on Crypto last year, HH reconstruction of a full session he played on gbp£40-80 NL.

http://www.runittwice.com/gamedetails.aspx?ID=LJIBOOQ6052556

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

kpnuts wrote:
    Here's some footage of the legendary Bluescouse in full flow on Crypto last year, HH reconstruction of a full session he played on gbp£40-80 NL.

http://www.runittwice.com/gamedetails.aspx?ID=LJIBOOQ6052556
    Jeepers, that is one aggressive game!

Advertisement