Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Heroes - 1x16 - Unexpected [*Spoilers]

Options
  • 20-02-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

From Tv.com

Peter learns that he and Claude may have been betrayed. Matt's reunited with the radioactive Ted Sprague and Hana Gitelman a woman with "wireless" mental abilities. Hiro makes a tough choice about his mission. Claire can no longer hold back her anger towards HRG. Someone dies.

This weeks episode topped the last few weeks by sooo much!!
    I loved the Claude + Peter bits, the fight, the Peter stopping being such a woman and
    him beginning to be able to recall and control his powers
    . Also, the Matt, Ted and Hana partnership and what they done was great also
    I loved the "I bet you have a lot of questions, we all do
    ... Hiro and Ando, I wasn't happy about...
    they're a team :(, I can see them getting together again though :p and thank god Hiro got some powers back :P
    . The 'someone' who died, I was so unhappy about :(...
    Hopefully she's not dead though :(

- I tried to stick with thelordofcheese's layout, 'cause I think that's cool :)

What did you think of this weeks episode? 51 votes

[i]Amazing![/i]
    0% 0 votes
    Great
    50% 26 votes
    OK
    43% 22 votes
    Bad
    5% 3 votes
    [i]There wasn't even a sound coming from my heart it was that boring[/i]
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great episode,you just have to love this show!

Peter getting control of some of his powers was brilliant,the flying,telekinsis,invisibility. Brilliant. Then the scene with Isaac,I saw it coming to be honest. I just said to myself,Simone will walk in and get shot. In all fairness she was a fairly useless character.

The stand off at the Bennett house looks like it is going to be interesting,Ted,Matt and Internet girl. Didn't think Matt would go that far,but it can't wait to see where it goes.

Hiro and Ando will reunite Id imagine,they make too good a team.

Little Stan Lee cameo...:p :rolleyes: corny as all of his cameos are!

Roll on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Haha, Stan Lee was great... "Hey young fella, all by yourself" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Simone dead. HURRAY :) great episode though. liked how Peter finally has control of his powers. and what will happen to Mr. Bennett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Wow! Best episode I've seen in a while, so much happened. Loved the partnership between Matt and co and I really hope
    Hiro and Ando get together again
    I mean you know it happens at some stage but I don't want Hiro to lose too much of his innocence yet, its part of his charm.

The Peter parts were great I just hope we see the invisible guy again (no pun intended)

I wonder how long before Mohinder cops on about Cylar, especially with him adapting to his new power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Omg!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very good ep, liked the stan lee guest appearance :)
    nice touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Excellent episode, especially with the last couple of minutes.

Great to see peter has stopped being a big girls blouse and is using some of his abilities, the scene in issacs workshop was really well done. I just hope Claude comes back, he was great, and i liked his approach to peters powers. Just keep hitting it untill it works.

I also liked how Mr bennet and the haitian used infrared to spot claude, nice touch. And i hope the trio of Ted, Hana and Matt last a little longer than next episode, they'd be quite team, i reckon.

Not to sure about Sylar and Mohinder, i know he has no real reason yet to distrust his new companion, but after eden and all that you'd think he'd be more wary of people who just come over all helpfull after knowing him for a few minutes.
    Lets just say if death starts to follow the pair of them about murder she wrote style, i'd be very disapointed if Mohinder remained oblivious to it.

And i hope that Simone stays dead, she's never been that interesting, really.

Also, does anyone know why Tv.com refers to Mr.Bennet as 'HRG'? I just can't see the meaning behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Also, does anyone know why Tv.com refers to Mr.Bennet as 'HRG'? I just can't see the meaning behind it.
    At a guess I'd say it's a reference to his 'horn rimmed glasses'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

please god let simone stay dead
    what a great ep. how many episodes in this season? dont want it to end....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Great episode. Loved the scene on the roof, with Peter using Hiro's, Sylar's and Nathan's powers all in one. Spectacular.

But the scene in Isaac's apartment gave off a very evil vibe.

Also, the scene with Ando and Hiro and the woman's gun "back firing" I think it was more significant that it seemed...

Ando said that "he wouldnt know what it felt like to be a hero" and then her gun stopped and then back fired, but then she had a surprised look on her face and the cops jumped her before she could fire again. So it definitely wasnt time going backwards, ala Hiro's power.

As was said in a few threads so far, there seem to be an awful lot of "coincidences" and I think Hiro and Ando being friends and both possessing super powers is one of those.

I think that when Ando realised he knew what it felt like to be a hero he actually started acting like one and knew how to use his powers. What these powers are, I dont know, but I do know that they will be significant in him and Hiro meeting up again.

The trio of Matt, Ted and Hana were interesting and a fairly well rounded group. But they seemed like a dangerous bunch, albeit with good intentions. I'm not convinced that their actions will lead to anything good.

Oh and I thought the key in simone's hand at the end of her 'death' scene was a nice touch.

• Advertisement

Cheers, i think your right too, having read some of the recaps at TV without pity.

Ivan wrote:

Oh and I thought the key in simone's hand at the end of her 'death' scene was a nice touch.

Yea, that was pretty sweet, kind of a play on her looking to give back the key in the first place :D

If Peter wasn't all "showing off with his fancy invisibilty thing" then simone wouldn'T have two holes in her chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

tba wrote:
    If Peter wasn't all "showing off with his fancy invisibilty thing" then simone wouldn'T have two holes in her chest.
    Yeah, but we're all glad that he did. Besides, Peter was right about Isaac betraying them to Bennett, and Isaac did pick up the gun before Peter started to use his powers, so I'd put this one squarely on Isaac.

Peter is finally coming into his own, I wonder will Mohinder come back to NY now and try to meet up with him and Isaac, now that he knows Sylar is hunting them all down. It would be interesting to see a first fight between Peter and Sylar, though I don't think that either Peter, or the show, are quite ready for that yet.

Best bit was Ted, Hanna and Matt going to Bennett's house. That should make for a pretty interesting next episode. Ted in particular looks pretty pissed off, and I think Matt is getting there quickly too.
    doonothing wrote:
    what a great ep. how many episodes in this season? dont want it to end....
    Next episode is 17, then there's a 5 week break, then it's back with a final 5 episodes. So 22 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

great episode... wow, and the pièces de résistance was Simone dying... good riddance to bad acting and filler tbh. When she was in it earlier on talking to Isaac, I actually said out loud "would they just kill her off already... or give back the freaking key and dissapear" ... wow she managed to do both :D

I can see an uber showdown coming between Sylar and Peter, although they better not gay it up like the Neo and Mr. Smith fight, with them flying around in the rain or some crap.

I wonder if Peter can only absorb powers once someone uses them or if he can absorb them regardless? It will be interesting to see what happens to peter if he does absorb all of Sylars powers at once... i'd say that will be what sends him supernova, i think the Ted subplot is a red herring... although i'm probably wrong ;)

L31mr0d wrote:
    It will be interesting to see what happens to peter if he does absorb all of Sylars powers at once... i'd say that will be what sends him supernova

sure we know how to deal with that, just have Christopher Eccleston deck him, again. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

tba wrote:

I don't quite understand why Peter didn't just let himself get shot, and then let Claire's power heal him. That would have wiped the self-righteous smugness off of Isaac's pretty face.

I wonder if Peter can retain a power after the person who owns the power dies? I assume that as he is picking up the powers through empathy that once they are dead the power dies with them. So for example despite the fact that he met Eden he can't use her power as she's dead.
    Ivan wrote:
    Ando said that "he wouldnt know what it felt like to be a hero" and then her gun stopped and then back fired, but then she had a surprised look on her face and the cops jumped her before she could fire again. So it definitely wasnt time going backwards, ala Hiro's power.

I wondered about that too, it seemed more like pushing than time reverse. Though Hiro could have been reversing time for the bullets only, though that seems like a rather specific thing to be doing at a time of great stress. It was also very similar to the thing Peter did with the darts fired at him by Bennett and the Haitian.

There was also a part in the episode where Bennett was talking about Claude not being dead. And he said something about him not being as gone as we thought, and as he did he looked at the Haitian. For some reason it made me wonder if the Haitian helped Claude to disappear, for similar reasons to why he helped Claire when he didn't erase her memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

peter sure sounded like a bad guy in that scene with isaac..
    wait, ando's a hero now? was that not just hiro using his power? did i completely miss something?
    and peter can use hiro's power to save simone cant he... fingers crossed he doesnt?

Ye I saw all the people on the american forums are using HRG,so much so that now NBC and even the creators of the show and the actors now use it when referring to him. I think it is the stupidest nick name I have heard in a while. Mr Bennett just sounds better! :D

doonothing wrote:
    peter sure sounded like a bad guy in that scene with isaac..
    wait, ando's a hero now? was that not just hiro using his power? did i completely miss something?
    and peter can use hiro's power to save simone cant he... fingers crossed he doesnt?

I thought this as well, it wasn't like time was reversing, more like the bullet was slowed down then pushed back into the gun. Maybe it was Hiro and Ando working together, Hiro reversed time putting the bullet back in the gun then Ando used some form of telekinsis to knock it out of her hand. I'm guessing Ando has to play some role in the future of heroes as they are featuring him very heavily in the storyline. I'd say he'll become sidekick to Hiro later on, and they will both have powers that they will use together.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote:
    I thought this as well, it wasn't like time was reversing, more like the bullet was slowed down then pushed back into the gun. Maybe it was Hiro and Ando working together, Hiro reversed time putting the bullet back in the gun then Ando used some form of telekinsis to knock it out of her hand. I'm guessing Ando has to play some role in the future of heroes as they are featuring him very heavily in the storyline. I'd say he'll become sidekick to Hiro later on, and they will both have powers that they will use together.

Yea, I was talking to a friend about this and he (when I mentioned it he kinda gave me a look as if I'd just said what he'd been thinking, although, we hadn't talked about it before and he) agreed with me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Keeps getting better and better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

This show has now officially over taken Lost im my eyes. I reckon telekenisis twice in an episode is too much of a coincidence. I cant remember have Peter and Ando ever actually crossed paths?

MikeHoncho wrote:
    This show has now officially over taken Lost im my eyes. I reckon telekenisis twice in an episode is too much of a coincidence. I cant remember have Peter and Ando ever actually crossed paths?

Sylar is telekenetic. But yeah peter met up with Ando outside of the Cafe in Texas when they where waiting for Hiro to return.

plus he met him on the subway, oh wait that was hiro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

iguana wrote:
    I wonder if Peter can retain a power after the person who owns the power dies? I assume that as he is picking up the powers through empathy that once they are dead the power dies with them. So for example despite the fact that he met Eden he can't use her power as she's dead.

he did use her power the "voice" when he knocked Isaac down.

kdjac

little off topic...anyone see last weeks ER? (american one). Load of cheerleaders came into the ER and surgery had to be done on one. "save the cheerleader,save the world" was said by one of the surgeons. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ER shown by NBC too?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just watched it now as i drifted off while watching it last night.

Fantastic episode... showing Simone with two holes to the chest was a shocker but it was obvious the way Isaac was waving the gun around that he'd shoot it. Not particular fussed she's gone either - bit of a bland boring character going nowhere. But Peter and Isaac's relationship is bound to get even rockier now.

Hiro and Ando parting ways was quite sad but bit sweet also that Hiro cares so much for Ando that he must sent him home. We need to remember that Ando was credited as a guest star all along so him actually going home wouldn't be that far fetched but with his and Hiro's relationship being so strong, i can see Ando meeting a stickier end before the show or possibly the season is out. Keep in mind, this is just speculation on my part.

And why is it anytime Stan Lee makes a cameo, he tends to over-act just that little bit on a single line of dialogue. The conversation with Brody in 'Mallrats' was similar.

I forgot who Radioactive Man was until myself and my girlfriend reached the episode where he was first introduced tonight.. odd for them not to do some kind of a recap of how he was introduced. Good to see Parkman getting more involved with taking the Bennetts hostage.

How schweet will it be when all the Heroes finally meet all together? Claire reuniting with her father and Uncle Peter (whose first meeting back in the school with Sylar seemed to imply something a bit more... ** shudder **)? Ando meeting Nikki again? Hiro and Ando meeting DL and Micah after meeting them at the car crash a few episodes into the season? There was loads more i thought of earlier tonight that i can't recall now. Gonna make some great TV.

PS - "Horn Rimmed Glasses"? Now that's just feckin' daft! :eek:

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    ER shown by NBC too?

ye it is :)

Advertisement