Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Already planning for a third series.. [** MINOR SPOILERS **]

Options
  • 10-02-2007 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading Michael Ausiello's weekly column at TVGuide.com and came across this question (and answer from the always reliable columnist)...
    Question: Can I please have some Prison Break scoop?— Jordan Bishop

Ausiello: I neglected to mention last week that series creator Paul Scheuring also told me that a new female series regular will be added to the cast next season.

"She is Michael's equal in terms of intelligence," he revealed of the not-yet-cast newbie. "And she would seem to be coming down on the side of good initially, but there will be questions [about] whether that's a facade. And she'll be a love interest for one of our characters."

(My guess? Pucker up, Linc!) Scheuring also spilled that "90 percent" of the conspiracy will (thankfully) be wrapped up by the end of this season. "The audience will definitely get closure. It'll feel like this is the endgame of the story, and yet there will be a few unanswered questions."

Interesting stuff... so not everything will be wrapped up by season's end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I'm happy with second season so I'm looking forward to a third. Wonder what they'll be running from if the conspiracy is 90% wrapped up. Will they still be wanted for all the other things they've done, like breaking out of prison and escaping from federal custody?

I think Linc is in line for some lovin' too. Will it be that blonde chick working for his father who helped him & LJ escape from the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

agamemnon wrote:
    I'm happy with second season so I'm looking forward to a third. Wonder what they'll be running from if the conspiracy is 90% wrapped up. Will they still be wanted for all the other things they've done, like breaking out of prison and escaping from federal custody?

I think Linc is in line for some lovin' too. Will it be that blonde chick working for his father who helped him & LJ escape from the police?

Yeah was thinking it might be her too. But he's got a bit of work to do if it is because he headbutted her in the face the first time they met!
    I reckon the third season will be rubbish, it couldn't possibly match the first two. What are they going to come up with for a story-line? They'll have to come up with a host of new characters anyway 'cause most of the ones from this season will be dead apart from Linc and Michael obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lukin wrote:
    I reckon the third season will be rubbish, it couldn't possibly match the first two.
    We were all saying the same thing when we heard about a second season...

.. how wrong we were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lukin wrote:
    I reckon the third season will be rubbish, it couldn't possibly match the first two

oh how i remember people saying the very same about season 2 before it started

Mossy Monk wrote:

Yeah but the writers had great scope for a plot with season 2 because at the end of the first one the prisoners were now escapees and the second season was all set up to be about them on the run from the law.
    They had a ready-made story already up and running from the first episode.
    I can't see anyway this can be the case for season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i can't wait to see what they do for season3. i couldn't honestly see it going pass 3 seasons especially if 90% of the conspiracy is to be wrapped up by end of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

basquille wrote:

.. how wrong we were!

....were we wrong? The jury is still out on season 2 as far as I'm concerned. It's gone rubbish recently. No innovation whatsoever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's making the slow switch from
    (yaay) Oz<
    >24 (poop)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mossy Monk wrote:

Yeah and as the weeks go by they're increasingly right....am barely bothered watching at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

zuutroy wrote:
    Yeah and as the weeks go by they're increasingly right....am barely bothered watching at all anymore.

what are the ratings like on tv? one person not watching does not equal everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what are the ratings like on tv? one person not watching does not equal everyone

Thats not what I said/meant. You said there were nay-sayers at the start of the season and IMO they were right. Though the first 6 or 7 were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

season 2 has been fantastic imo but I would worry about season 3. I just don't see what else there is to do. They have broken out of prison and the conspiracy is wrapped what else is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

haven't really liked season 2 as well. There was a lot more intelligence to the cast of characters in season 1 imo. The characters are too unbelieveable now and the intelligence and cunning Mike portrayed in the first season has all but dissapeared. I mean I found the whole teaming up with Kellerman plot absurdly ridiculous, and the rest of the escapies seem to be in it just as pure filler now.

Mike's genius and his tattoo of mysteries was the selling points of season 1. What has been the selling points of season 2? The "Key" to the useless USB recording?

L31mr0d wrote:
    haven't really liked season 2 as well. There was a lot more intelligence to the cast of characters in season 1 imo. The characters are too unbelieveable now and the intelligence and cunning Mike portrayed in the first season has all but dissapeared. I mean I found the whole teaming up with Kellerman plot absurdly ridiculous, and the rest of the escapies seem to be in it just as pure filler now.

Mike's genius and his tattoo of mysteries was the selling points of season 1. What has been the selling points of season 2? The "Key" to the useless USB recording?

Loads of cliffhanger endings and for me generally non stop action, even the filler stuff I have enjoyed mostly maybe bar CJ and his daughter and Haywire but for the most part I never felt it let up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

L31mr0d wrote:
    What has been the selling points of season 2?

Holly Valance in her pink tracksuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

basquille wrote:

.. how wrong we were!
    You were pretty much right though. It has gone down hill and continues to do so. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Guinea

petes wrote:
    Holly Valance in her pink tracksuit.

^How to make an amazing series even better^

Regardless of wether the 3rd series is good or bad, I think it's safe to say that we'll all be watching it in the hope that she will return. And also to see the solution to the remaining 10% of the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Prison break has really lost it, I was a big fan, I still watch (mostly out of open mouth amusement at how ridiculas it has gotten).

Season 1 was like somebodys baby, I don't know who, but they had an interesting idea and had mapped it out, and it was very exciting.

But season two, a bunch of insane monkeys took over the writing (speculation), Michael and Linc manage to get caught and re-escape every single episode.

Also these 2 characters get more screen time yet are the most hammy actors on tv, all other actors are better than them.

The actors playing these actors coupled with the ridiculas writing of them getting nearly caught and escaping every single episode are making the show hard to watch, apart from 'kitch' value, whatever the f*ck that is.

Also, Michael been a constant MacGyver ripoff (a poor one) is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From Digital Spy:
    'Prison Break' creator promises violence

Prison Break creator Paul Scheuring has promised to "re-invent" the show if it is commissioned for a third season.

The exec said that the new run - expected to begin in the US this September - would be "a much more stripped-down, brutal and violent version of the show than we've seen in the past" and that the first two seasons would "seem tame in comparison."

Speaking to DS, Scheuring added that around 80% of the show's ongoing storylines would be resolved by the end of the current season.

"We haven't officially been picked up for season 3. But it seems imminent," Scheuring said of his renewal chances. "Our ratings are some of the highest on Fox... we'll be back."
    Full Interview here.

Not sure I like the idea of "stripped down"....

TmB wrote:
    From Digital Spy:

Full Interview here.

Not sure I like the idea of "stripped down"....

He said in the interview that the show isn't influenced by 24 and Lost. That's obviously a lie.
    Not too sure if the "brutal and violent" comment is a good sign for season 3.
    Violence is usually used when there isn't a very good storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lukin wrote:
    He said in the interview that the show isn't influenced by 24 and Lost. That's obviously a lie.
    How? The quick-pace and cliffhangers vaguely resemble '24' but how does it remotely influenced by 'Lost'? :confused:

I quite like the idea of a more violent and brutal third season... it'll be a change from the excellent but all-in-all good-natured two seasons so far.

I mean.. if Schofield or Linc ever got the chance to escape a situation but hurt a puppy in the process, they would think of alternatives. They're wimps!

basquille wrote:
    How? The quick-pace and cliffhangers vaguely resemble '24' but how does it remotely influenced by 'Lost'? :confused:

1. The main protagonist is both shows is forced with moral quandries (for Jack in 24 read Michael in Prison Break).
    2. Killing off major characters for "shock value" (all 3 shows)
    3. Back stories to fill up time (for the "lostees" in Lost read the escapees in PB)

Don't get me wrong, PB is still a very good series, but they are bound to plagiarise a little from shows that are already popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's no real back stories in prison break as the followings of the other prisoners is happening at the same time as michael and linc being followed by us.

if i remember correctly there was only one flashback episode in prison break (near end of season1).

i can't speak for 24 cause i don't watch it.

lukin wrote:
    1. The main protagonist is both shows is forced with moral quandries (for Jack in 24 read Michael in Prison Break).
    2. Killing off major characters for "shock value" (all 3 shows)
    3. Back stories to fill up time (for the "lostees" in Lost read the escapees in PB)

Don't get me wrong, PB is still a very good series, but they are bound to plagiarise a little from shows that are already popular.

The use of the word lie is ridiculous but anyway aside from that I am sure a lot of things will influence it. The idea of breaking out of prison is not exactly an original idea either, nor is a big government conspiracy, think of X-Files etc. Of course it is going to use ideas that have already being done, how could it not!

cooker3 wrote:
    The use of the word lie is ridiculous but anyway aside from that I am sure a lot of things will influence it. The idea of breaking out of prison is not exactly an original idea either, nor is a big government conspiracy, think of X-Files etc. Of course it is going to use ideas that have already being done, how could it not!

OK point taken: "lie" was a bad choice of word.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I haven't been on this PB board for ages but I think Season 2 has been really good in contrast to a lot of your opinions but I would prefer for it to end on a high and be finished for good. But the American Studio execs don't think like that.

I don't know what they can come up with for Season 3 and I'm disappointed that there will be a new season but it should interesting to see what they come up with.

Advertisement